The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   KV6 Overhaul. Belts, WP, Tensioner..... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=227590)

StephenEssex 5th October 2015 15:31

KV6 Overhaul. Belts, WP, Tensioner.....

Right, if all goes to plan in the coming weeks I will have the funds to treat my Primrose connie to new belts and all the associated bits and pieces.

Its a 2000 2.5 V6 with 67k, but no evidence of the belts ever being done. Its a keeper, not just for a few years I mean a keeper for the rest of my driving days. (im 32)

I want to get the belts done along with the tensioner and Waterpump, thermostat housing and thermostat, new OAT coolant. And a New Aux belt..

Is there anything else worth doing while its all apart and having the belts done?

Inlet Manifold gasket perhaps?

trikey 5th October 2015 15:33

If your doing all that, fit a new oil cooler while you are in there too.

Doc Evil 5th October 2015 18:42

If you want it too last ditch the OAT antifreeze and refill with blue the oat eats the seals

Doc:cool:

SD1too 5th October 2015 19:29

KV6 engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenEssex (Post 2111828)
Is there anything else worth doing while its all apart and having the belts done?
Inlet Manifold gasket perhaps?

If you're removing an inlet manifold then yes, you should renew the gasket.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Evil (Post 2111960)
... the oat eats the seals

Says who? And which seals? Where's the proof?

Simon

Chuckles 6th October 2015 07:02

I replaced the oil pump
At least check jt for any scouring.

Kenneth Jenkins 15th November 2015 22:28

primrose Rover 75

Hi Stephen,
nice to see the treatment your car is receiving. I too have a Primrose 2.5 Conn here in New Zealand, serial number 172017. It has just turned over 91,000kms and the only work I have had to do in the 6 months I have owned it is to replace the rear shocks ..one was found to be weeping at MOT inspection. Find the paint has faded in our high UV atmosphere so just done that and have bought a replacement inlet manifold, thermostat and associated piping but neither of these jobs urgent. Like you I love the Primrose colour (only one in NZ) and intend to keep it. Looks similar spec to yours with sunroof but has 16" union wheels.
kind regards
Ken

Salad-Dodger 16th November 2015 18:29

trikey's call on the oil cooler is a good one. It can often fail causing all kinds of problems, but don't forget the coolant steel pipes that deliver the coolant to and from the cooler. They are often rotten.
I've made copper versions for some people in the past.

Removing the oil pump is quite involved if you are doing it with the engine fitted to the vehicle. I just connected a pressure gauge to see exactly what was going on. Mine was not good, but that's another story!
Oat has not been kind to me, and that is another story as well!

Only other thing is to buy good quality parts. If the plastic pipes on the top have pink "O" rings on them, change the "O" rings for black ones. I recently had the plastic elbow fail after it just blew apart. It was a copy item that I had to fit as I didn't have an original at the time.
Good luck with it and be sure to return to inform us of your success.
Steve