The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Not getting into gear (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300571)

BigAde 6th November 2019 07:44

Not getting into gear

For the past few days, I've been having the odd problem with getting the car into a certain gear at times... always solved by releasing and pushing the clutch pedal down again... only happened occasionally so I've not really worried too much about it.

This morning, I went to go to work as normal, started the engine but I just couldn't get the car into gear. With the engine off it goes into gear fine, but with the engine running, not a chance.

I should explain that I had new master, slave, clutch and flywheel back in January - all LUK parts.

Not had time to look at it as I had to take the wife's car to get to work. I'm hoping it might be as straight-forward as low clutch fluid, but that in itself raises a concern that I've got a leak somewhere. Any other thoughts?

I'd only just postponed a decision to replace the car into the new year, but I may just regret that. :(

Arctic 6th November 2019 08:55

Hi Adrian.
If you have only had the clutch repaired for 10 months and its gone again I would get it back to whom ever did the job, that is if you did not do it your self, surely all clutch part and labour should last a minimum of 12 months regardless of mileage, the place I use give a no quibble 2yr 18'000 miles warranty which ever comes first.

BigAde 6th November 2019 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2773739)
Hi Adrian.
If you have only had the clutch repaired for 10 months and its gone again I would get it back to whom ever did the job, that is if you did not do it your self, surely all clutch part and labour should last a minimum of 12 months regardless of mileage, the place I use give a no quibble 2yr 18'000 miles warranty which ever comes first.

Thanks Steve.
I bought and supplied all the parts (was much cheaper that way) and my regular mechanic fitted them for me. Not sure where I'd stand given that I supplied the parts.

trikey 6th November 2019 11:14

I’d have a look in the bellhousing with a scope and see if you can see any traces of fluid.

BigAde 6th November 2019 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2773767)
I’d have a look in the bellhousing with a scope and see if you can see any traces of fluid.

Good idea, just got a little endoscope thing too. Any idea on best access point into the housing to see the slave?

trikey 6th November 2019 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAde (Post 2773775)
Good idea, just got a little endoscope thing too. Any idea on best access point into the housing to see the slave?

Yep, remove the rubber bung where the slave pipes come out of the gearbox, look downwards from the front of the car lh side of the battery box and you will see it.

planenut 6th November 2019 21:22

Is this any gear, or specifics?

BigAde 6th November 2019 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2773903)
Is this any gear, or specifics?

It's any gear.

planenut 6th November 2019 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAde (Post 2773904)
It's any gear.

With the engine off and getting into gear, have you tried starting (with the clutch pedal down) it then? and with what result?

BigAde 6th November 2019 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2773905)
With the engine off and getting into gear, have you tried starting (with the clutch pedal down) it then? and with what result?

Not tried that. Is it worth trying?