The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Central locking problem (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=163056)

Charles 29th October 2013 17:40

Central locking problem

The latest problem: the central locking, which was working perfectly up to this morning, now refuses to work. I can still lock each door manually, but:
  • lock button on key fob produces no result except a beep;
  • unlock button works as normal;
  • locking button on central console does nothing; and
  • locking driver's door with key locks the driver's door but not the other doors, and does not set the alarm.
Any suggestions, chaps?

LeRich 29th October 2013 18:38

Have you checked the fuses?

Alan123 29th October 2013 18:43

Door problems

It's probily the door mechanisms in side door I had to change three of them easy fix thou

Charles 29th October 2013 19:22

Thanks, chaps.

Fuses: will check in daylight, but seems unlikely because the key-fob button still unlocks the doors; it just doesn't lock them. I would have thought a blown fuse would stop the system working altogether.

Door lock mechanisms: could be, but is it likely that all four have failed on the same day? Do you know any way of testing them, please?

Mischief 29th October 2013 19:24

If you get a beep when locking via the key fob that tells you something is open, check the bonnet switch as it may be causing the issue.

Alan123 29th October 2013 19:30

Could be bonnet switch but on my connie if bonnet not shut properly I get the beep but doors still lock when fob pressed

Charles 29th October 2013 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan123 (Post 1467178)
Could be bonnet switch but on my connie if bonnet not shut properly I get the beep but doors still lock when fob pressed

Same applies with mine; if bonnet or boot open, the central locking gives a beep but still locks the doors. Nevertheless, I will check the bonnet switch, because water could easily have got in there yesterday.

Charles 30th October 2013 19:47

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice

The latest development: since this morning, everything has been working perfectly again! A huge relief, and it eliminates the possibilities of blown fuses or failed door mechanisms, but does leave me wondering why the problem occurred! Thanks to those who helpfully offered suggestions: much appreciated, as always.

Mike Noc 31st October 2013 08:05

You didn't have a spare set of keys anywhere near the ignition? :shrug:

Sure I read somewhere that if the car senses the chip in the fob it won't let you lock it.

Charles 31st October 2013 18:11

I too have heard that having both keys close together can cause problems, but on this occasion, the spare key was nowhere near. Thanks for the thought, anyway.