The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Fuming (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296227)

RPWC 31st May 2019 21:31

Fuming

I am livid. A customer I have gone to for years was informed a couple of months back that my prices were increasing to £x per hour.I was there yesterday and invoiced her for the work done, 3 hours during which she offered me a cuppa , which I accepted and stopped for about 10 mins. Today I get an email commplaining about the price, saying its more than she pays anyone and I didnt work the 3 hours anyway, I stopped for 10 mins. I have replied politely telling her to deduct from the bill the cost of 10 minutes work and not to ask for my services again. All this and the house is for sale for a 7 figure sum:mad:

trikey 31st May 2019 21:33

You normally find the ones with the most £ are the ones that complain the most Richard.

RPWC 31st May 2019 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2737281)
You normally find the ones with the most £ are the ones that complain the most Richard.

Its usually the fur coat brigade that are like that Andy, having dealt with the public for 30 years. Usually the ones who are loaded are ok, apart from this one.Her late husband was a really nice bloke though

trikey 31st May 2019 21:50

You are bound to get one now and again mate.

RPWC 31st May 2019 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2737285)
You are bound to get one now and again mate.

This one has been a p I t a for long enough, so about time she was binned

AndyN01 1st June 2019 07:44

Sadly there are some people who think that because they've got money that somehow gives them the right to be miserly, nasty people.

Scrooge, Midas and an Emperor with no clothes springs to mind.

Good for you in ditching her. None of us need that.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Andy.

macafee2 1st June 2019 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2737279)
I am livid. A customer I have gone to for years was informed a couple of months back that my prices were increasing to £x per hour.I was there yesterday and invoiced her for the work done, 3 hours during which she offered me a cuppa , which I accepted and stopped for about 10 mins. Today I get an email commplaining about the price, saying its more than she pays anyone and I didnt work the 3 hours anyway, I stopped for 10 mins. I have replied politely telling her to deduct from the bill the cost of 10 minutes work and not to ask for my services again. All this and the house is for sale for a 7 figure sum:mad:

I've heard all sorts of stories from tradesmen, kinda funny kinda unbelievable.

1. Guys were working in kitchen, owner asked to get there so they moved out of way. Owner made themselves a drink, workmen thought good they would get one too. No, owner made themselves a drink and walked off

2 Guy did a big job for someone and at the end was invited round for dinner. When customer gets invoice he/she returns it having deducted and amount for the dinner he/she gave the workman.

We had a delivery when we had work done. we live at the end of a cul de sac. car comes up the road and wants lorry to move. We thought they wanted to get to my neighbour, lorry driver packs away the stabilizers, moves out of the way. The car turns around and drives back the way they had come. Lorry driver has to reposition and re-extend the steadies.
Gob smacked

my heart goes out to you, sometimes you are best shot of customers.

If they come back tell them you charge for full hours, not part of and then
make sure you work to 5 past:) Give them something to complain about

macafee2

RPWC 1st June 2019 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2737331)
I've heard all sorts of stories from tradesmen, kinda funny kinda unbelievable.

1. Guys were working in kitchen, owner asked to get there so they moved out of way. Owner made themselves a drink, workmen thought good they would get one too. No, owner made themselves a drink and walked off

2 Guy did a big job for someone and at the end was invited round for dinner. When customer gets invoice he/she returns it having deducted and amount for the dinner he/she gave the workman.

We had a delivery when we had work done. we live at the end of a cul de sac. car comes up the road and wants lorry to move. We thought they wanted to get to my neighbour, lorry driver packs away the stabilizers, moves out of the way. The car turns around and drives back the way they had come. Lorry driver has to reposition and re-extend the steadies.
Gob smacked

my heart goes out to you, sometimes you are best shot of customers.

If they come back tell them you charge for full hours, not part of and then
make sure you work to 5 past:) Give them something to complain about

macafee2

Ian, point number 2, this one is like that. Deducts time for coffee break,and as for the final point, no, I won’t be going back.

wullie480 1st June 2019 15:32

A customer like that isn’t worth having bud.

RPWC 1st June 2019 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 2737408)
A customer like that isn’t worth having bud.

Too right Wullie, more bother than she’s worth.