The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rear sensors problem. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293496)

jackatesme 1st March 2019 17:32

Rear sensors problem.

Since sorting out boot leak and removing boot carpets,the sensors have not worked.What number fuse should i check. There is also some corrosion between plug and Parking module. Is there any way i could check these before putting them on items needed,if fuse is found to be O.K. Rover 75 facelift. Sounder and reverse lights working O.K.
Sorry to be repeating myself. Can someone delete one.

COLVERT 1st March 2019 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2715741)
Since sorting out boot leak and removing boot carpets,the sensors have not worked.What number fuse should i check. There is also some corrosion between plug and Parking module. Is there any way i could check these before putting them on items needed,if fuse is found to be O.K. Rover 75 facelift. Sounder and reverse lights working O.K.

You can delete it yourself.---:duh:

jackatesme 1st March 2019 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2715797)
You can delete it yourself.---:duh:

Tried deleting then save no joy. Is there another way.:D

COLVERT 1st March 2019 20:08

Click on your EDIT button then follow the instructions below.-;)

jackatesme 1st March 2019 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2715809)
Click on your EDIT button then follow the instructions below.-;)

Your pm is full.:}

markypicks 2nd March 2019 08:54

on mine which is a non face lift 02 plate the fuse is f12 10 amp passenger side near glove box that controls the park distance control unit it also controls rain sensor .sunblind switch but you may have a defective sensor hope this helps rgds mark

Yorkshire GOC 2nd March 2019 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2715741)

Do you get a long continuous bleep in reverse as opposed to the short activation bleep or is it complete silence when you select reverse ?

If a long bleep that points to a failing sensor - if silence can be a few things such as the parking ECU failing - however when this happened to me (silence) it was corrosion in the junction where the 4 sensors link to the black connector that then connects to the parking ECU - as you have had water ingress i would suspect this.

squire 2nd March 2019 11:53

I did away with the original ones and fitted a Cisbo kit off eBay, no more problems now.

jackatesme 2nd March 2019 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2715945)
Do you get a long continuous bleep in reverse as opposed to the short activation bleep or is it complete silence when you select reverse ?

If a long bleep that points to a failing sensor - if silence can be a few things such as the parking ECU failing - however when this happened to me (silence) it was corrosion in the junction where the 4 sensors link to the black connector that then connects to the parking ECU - as you have had water ingress i would suspect this.

That is what i suspect,corrosion.Just wondering if it's possible to confirm the fault before getting a replacement.