The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Car trailer hire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312509)

Happy Wanderer 22nd April 2021 11:22

Car trailer hire

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who can hire me a car trailer for the day. I'm in Skipton North Yorkshire. Tia
Regards
Andy ☺️

macafee2 22nd April 2021 12:16

Some company's can be a bit fussy and refuse to hire car transporter trailers but I see you want to get from someone not a company.
It may depend on what you are using as a tow car and even what you want to put on it.
A Rover 75 can drag 1600kg and the nose weight should not exceed 100kg which for a car is a lot. A car transporter and a Rover 75, you may be overdoing it

macafee2

Happy Wanderer 22nd April 2021 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2877745)
Some company's can be a bit fussy and refuse to hire car transporter trailers but I see you want to get from someone not a company.
It may depend on what you are using as a tow car and even what you want to put on it.
A Rover 75 can drag 1600kg and the nose weight should not exceed 100kg which for a car is a lot. A car transporter and a Rover 75, you may be overdoing it

macafee2

Thanks for the info. I've asked the DVSA & I'm towing it with Ranger Wildtrack so the guy said it was fine as long as it wasn't for hire or reward.

macafee2 22nd April 2021 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer (Post 2877747)
Thanks for the info. I've asked the DVSA & I'm towing it with Ranger Wildtrack so the guy said it was fine as long as it wasn't for hire or reward.

Ranger Wildtrack ya I'd expect that to be ok

macafee2

Happy Wanderer 22nd April 2021 21:00

That's great ☺️ yeah it's my 75 that I want to transport pulling it with the Ranger 👍🏻

victorgte 23rd April 2021 11:30

I used to hire car trailers for my personal use but never got questioned about my towing vehicle which is astonishing.
I’ve overcome the problem now by buying a car transporter with a capacity of 1600kg. That covers many vehicles. Having fitted air suspension it transforms the ride and stability at all weights.

Happy Wanderer 23rd April 2021 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2877904)
I used to hire car trailers for my personal use but never got questioned about my towing vehicle which is astonishing.
I’ve overcome the problem now by buying a car transporter with a capacity of 1600kg. That covers many vehicles. Having fitted air suspension it transforms the ride and stability at all weights.

I did actually think about buying one but I've nowhere to keep it lol 😂

victorgte 25th April 2021 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer (Post 2877940)
I did actually think about buying one but I've nowhere to keep it lol 😂

I got lucky there. Friends have farm land and barns. Its parked up with a trickle charger connected.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk