The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Drivers one touch window (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=133847)

macafee2 9th January 2013 07:44

Drivers one touch window

Am i right in thinking the drivers window of my 2005/6 CDT is one touch for winding the window down if the putton is pressed all the way?
This is either intermittent or not working. if its one tocuh is it always one touch, IE stationary, driving, engine off but ignition on?

window goes down but i have to hold the switch down, likely faults?

macafee2

SKS Disco 9th January 2013 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 1186382)
Am i right in thinking the drivers window of my 2005/6 CDT is one touch for winding the window down if the putton is pressed all the way?
This is either intermittent or not working. if its one tocuh is it always one touch, IE stationary, driving, engine off but ignition on?

window goes down but i have to hold the switch down, likely faults?

macafee2

Could just be that one shot down and one shot up have been disabled by T4. It is an option.

markvh 9th January 2013 08:22

apologies if this sounds obvioous

but for winding windows down with one press of button you do need to just "blip" the switch, if you keep your finger on the switch it will wind down until you release it.....

only pointing this out as pretty sure it was the other way round on my Audi...

Mark

Trophy Blue Tourer 9th January 2013 08:32

Hi Mate!!

Umm!! its actually the other way round!!
Its the duration of your press that decides wether it's all the way down or short distance!!

So MOMENTARY touch gives you full travel and anything over 1/4 of a second or so will run the motor as long as you keep the button pressed!!

Ditto for up on the drivers window providing the "anti-trap" feature is working corectly!! - if it's not it works in a couple of cm jumps for each press (sorry!! "lift" ) of the button

One touch only up only works on the drivers window as it's the only one with the "anti trap" bits fitted

On my car at least!! this one touch (down not up other than the drivers!!) works for all the windows from the drivers switches!! - which can be annoying if you operate the wrong one by mistake as you have to hold that button longer to bring the glass back up!!

This one touch feature - as far as I know anyway - works the same all the time!

HTH?

Andy

macafee2 9th January 2013 14:25

Thanks folks, looks like the problem is as Trophy Blue Tourer has expalined, the duration I had my finger on the button. just tried it again and all is fine. what a t??t I am!
thank you
macafee2

James.uk 9th January 2013 14:29

One touch is an option, and can be changed by a T4. BigRuss enabled mine for me.. :)

SKS Disco 10th January 2013 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 1186612)
One touch is an option, and can be changed by a T4. BigRuss enabled mine for me.. :)

See post #2 ! :D

:getmecoat:

marinabrian 10th January 2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPart02 (Post 1187336)
See post #2 ! :D

:getmecoat:

But, only is the car has the switch incorporated into the drivers window seal, if this isn't present, the one touch down can be activated, but one touch up ;)
Brian :D

MangoMan 10th January 2013 15:44

All my windows do this...... But only 'one-touch' up on the Driver's.....

KWIL 15th March 2013 13:00

Drivers one touch +

Is it possible to program all indows to be one touch down and one touch up, at least from the Driver's console?