The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Which undertray. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=231310)

jackatesme 23rd November 2015 15:46

Which undertray.

Looking on e-bay for undertray found 3 or 4 with different cut outs all stating ok for diesel. Which of these is correct. I would grateful if someone could point out what i need. Rover face lift diesel.
john:duh:

jonc3725 23rd November 2015 17:08

I have just changed my wifes diesel undertray for a spare V6 one I had (hers was pretty cracked and broken) The actual under under tray was exactly the same it was just the sound deadening felt and metal cladding that needed changing over which was very easy if you have a drill and rivet gun.

vindaloo 23rd November 2015 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2151222)
Looking on e-bay for undertray found 3 or 4 with different cut outs all stating ok for diesel. Which of these is correct. I would grateful if someone could point out what i need. Rover face lift diesel.
john:duh:

If you want to spend the money the original trays are still available brand new from the original manufacturer for about £70 including fixings.

awvc1 23rd November 2015 18:35

i'd say be very careful of pattern parts made in eastern europe. I have an undertray fitted at the moment that is cheap, thin, and I thin it is resonating when I get up to speed. Coupled with the small matter of the screw holes not aligning when I fitted it, and the standard fittings not being able to slide over the plastic edges of it, I had to drill and use self tappers. I have no idea how resistant they are to heat, but they are NOT resistant to sound for certain. Avoid them.

Oh and if you see the seller nerobart, be aware if you complain he probably won't reply. He didn't when I complained to him.

jackatesme 23rd November 2015 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 2151377)
If you want to spend the money the original trays are still available brand new from the original manufacturer for about £70 including fixings.

Thanks, Seen one on e-bay £22 locally looks in good nick,states for petrol but looks like a diesel undertray.

muggerbee 24th November 2015 02:51

Quote:

And they are the puppys testicles, I've got one in the garage ready to go on when I've finished fettling :)

Kennyeth 24th November 2015 06:34

If you can get an original for what the op said (£70) go that way,
ebay one had no padding and some holes needed drilling.
I need one for the tourer and if the £70 ones are complete then I would go that route. I`m only going by the one I bought off ebay, the others may be fine.
Ken.

muggerbee 24th November 2015 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2151733)
If you can get an original for what the op said (£70) go that way,
ebay one had no padding and some holes needed drilling.
I need one for the tourer and if the £70 ones are complete then I would go that route. I`m only going by the one I bought off ebay, the others may be fine.
Ken.

Ken

complete with six captive scrivets to mount to the underside, 4 spire clips for the bumper fixing and with the insulation fixed. Also it's a damn sight sturdier than the one on the 1.8 I've got :) as it's made of composite, not PVC.

Mick

Vanbursta 24th November 2015 11:26

Quote:

OK I give up, you got me, who are the original manufacturers and how do I contact them?

Kennyeth 24th November 2015 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by muggerbee (Post 2151695)
And they are the puppys testicles, I've got one in the garage ready to go on when I've finished fettling :)

Do you have any linky`s Mick? please.
Ken.