The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hindsight.... regrets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=281629)

m2n 4th April 2018 13:32

Hindsight.... regrets

Its all well and fine doing your repairs DIY but if anything goes wrong you are at fault and any costs is down to you.... but.... take to a garage and any faults post repair is down to them under their guarantee.... so I will pay the extra ££££ to make sure fault is sorted/rectified.... i be a happy bunny :}:}

maxi_crawf 4th April 2018 13:38

It depends what the job is, as long as you are capable and competent why not.

macafee2 4th April 2018 13:39

Not knowing the problem my reply may be OOO.

How will you feel if the fault turns out not to be fixed and you have spent all that money?
How will you feel if they try again and charge you more money?

the cost of you doing the job twice may be less then the cost of a garage doing it once.
Doing it yourself you gain knowledge which is useful.

I appreciate some jobs are beyond me but I'm willing to have a go, thanks to the incredible help from people here. Can you ask for help?

what is the problem with your car?

macafee2

m2n 4th April 2018 13:47

All well and fine if you are competant, go for it
But me, no,

maxi_crawf 4th April 2018 14:03

So you won't change a blown bulb or fit another battery?

jackatesme 4th April 2018 14:34

It's all about individual choice. At the moment i am trying to improve the look of my sandstone seats,getting better but,going to be a long exhausting process,wish i could afford to get someone to them for me.:}

planenut 4th April 2018 15:06

As proof of some of your own posts and several others on here, it is good to have some knowledge so that those one would trust by such action, don't produce unscrupulous demands for cash to pay for their own wanderings into the magic world of Rover 75/ZT.

stevestrat 4th April 2018 15:31

The trick with garages or independent mechanics for that matter is finding one who knows what they are doing with these cars. Look at the cases of cars fitted with a PRT going into a garage to come out with the original thermostat reinstated causing chaos with the cooling system. Our cars are old "technology" now and many younger mechanics are clueless unless a diagnostic scanner exactly pinpoints the problem and remedy, they don't know how to investigate a problem . . . . my mechanic mate's words not mine.

I do what I can myself but there are only two mechanics I trust with mine, my mechanic mate who is old school, rather repair than replace or Dunc (cossie dunc on here).

m2n 4th April 2018 17:27

That goes without saying really !!!!

m2n 4th April 2018 17:28

oh come on!