The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOT fail (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312919)

davidcarp 14th May 2021 09:39

MOT fail

As I'm having a hip operation soon I decided to get the car MOT'd and servicing done a few weeks early. Failed on rusty rear sills, front coil spring, handbrake and rear brakes.

As it's over 21 years old I wasn't sure what to do. Got it sorted and another years MOT! The mechanic said the clutch seemed heavy. I repied "Its always been heavy" When I get my new hip no problem!

FLYING BANANA 14th May 2021 13:26

Congratulations on the pass.

Be good to meet up again at some point in the future David.

davidcarp 14th May 2021 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2881219)
Congratulations on the pass.

Be good to meet up again at some point in the future David.

I'm sure we will Bob

MacRob 14th May 2021 14:34

The price to get it repaired is worth it. Selling them and getting something else is an even bigger gamble as you could be buying something that will fail a couple of months down the line in a way it can't be repaired.
At least this way you have a car you KNOW is now right and will do you for at least another 12 months. The rear suspension must be in good shape as you didn't mention any advisories on it, so your pride and joy will keep going for many a year yet

Rogue 14th May 2021 14:54

Congrats on the pass Dave. Hope the op goes well.

BoroRover 14th May 2021 15:53

Congrats on the pass. Happy Rovering !!

75driver 14th May 2021 18:46

Congrats on the pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crown 14th May 2021 19:16

Who did the mot work David?

Mark

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sonic ZS 14th May 2021 19:37

Well done on getting it repaired and keeping the car on the road :} As I started reading your post, I was worried it was going to end, as so many seem to do nowadays, saying you were going to break or scrap it !

Good luck with the op too ;)

davidcarp 15th May 2021 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2881271)
Well done on getting it repaired and keeping the car on the road :} As I started reading your post, I was worried it was going to end, as so many seem to do nowadays, saying you were going to break or scrap it !

Good luck with the op too ;)

The car is in fairly good nick for it's age. A couple of years ago I had some rust round the wheel arches. I got it sorted by a body shop. However it appears somewhere else so I do it myself and spray. Obviously not a brilliant job otherwise I'll keep spending money. The engine has only done 136,000 miles but I think the clutch might need to be replaced in the near future which I believe is expensive. Ill keep it on the road as long as possible.