The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Mis-fire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316861)

FLYING BANANA 16th December 2021 15:52

Mis-fire
 
Now the Bear throws up another problem. Under power she hesitates, like a mis-fire but only on the go. Stationary she revs ok. Iím assuming itís a coil pack problem.

Yorkshire GOC 16th December 2021 18:20

A lesson learnt over years- any mis fire and the first thing to consider is a faulty coil pack and or leads - exacerbated in colder weather. Dont forget any sustained driving with a repeating misfire can knacker your Cat as i know to my cost.:icon_redface:

planenut 16th December 2021 18:28

Your cars only do this to enhance your learning!

SCP440 16th December 2021 18:37

Fit a set of MSD's, it will be the best money you have spent. It will start easier hot or cold and you will feel the difference when you drive.

FLYING BANANA 16th December 2021 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2912594)
Fit a set of MSD's, it will be the best money you have spent. It will start easier hot or cold and you will feel the difference when you drive.

Best place to buy these MSDís?

trikey 16th December 2021 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2912596)
Best place to buy these MSDís?

Rock auto for all Crown Victoria stuff Bob :xmas-smiley-008:

Number 6 16th December 2021 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2912599)
Rock auto for all Crown Victoria stuff Bob :xmas-smiley-008:

Please enlighten me MSD,s ??

Teflon 16th December 2021 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2912600)
Please enlighten me MSD,s ??

A performance part manufacturer: https://www.holley.com/brands/msd/

Cliff

SCP440 16th December 2021 22:10

You wont get a set of MSD's from Rock Auto. These are high powered better quality ignition coils.


I usually have a look on US Ebay and Amazon but if you put that part number in Google you should have some options. Probably going to be £250 ish by the time you have paid the shipping and import duty.



Just looked and there are a set here https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSD-82428-B...%2C1135&sr=8-1

FLYING BANANA 16th December 2021 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2912627)
You wont get a set of MSD's from Rock Auto. These are high powered better quality ignition coils.


I usually have a look on US Ebay and Amazon but if you put that part number in Google you should have some options. Probably going to be £250 ish by the time you have paid the shipping and import duty.



Just looked and there are a set here https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSD-82428-B...%2C1135&sr=8-1

Many thanks but I refuse to deal with Amazon as they allowed my credit card to be cloned twice. But I will look on the US eBay site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2022, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd