The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Late Rover 75 4.6 V8 Connoisseur SE Tourer (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304430)

Mac_rouser 22nd April 2020 17:37

Late Rover 75 4.6 V8 Connoisseur SE Tourer

Hi everyone, I am looking at the idea of getting a Late Rover 75 4.6 V8 Connoisseur SE Tourer.
Any pointers gratefully received :) :) Perhaps there is one with my name on it some where here or abroad maybe ....

Hope you are all keeping safe, and busy, not going stir crazy in this time of quarantine :)
Cheers Ian aka Mac

FLYING BANANA 22nd April 2020 18:26

As they only built 16 you might have a job to find one. LimoRog has just sold his and it’s gone to another forum member in Wales.

Mac_rouser 22nd April 2020 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2807859)
As they only built 16 you might have a job to find one. LimoRog has just sold his and it’s gone to another forum member in Wales.

Wow I did not realise there were only 16, now I have ALL my fingers crossed :)
Pity I missed the news of LimoRog selling his ....

SCP440 23rd April 2020 08:31

There was a tatty one on Fleabay a couple of weeks ago for a low price, I think it was only on there a few hours.

DeeJ 23rd April 2020 10:21

Only one or two a year come on the market on average. The Two-Sixties forum keeps a list of ZT 260's and Rover 75 V8's known for sale in the UK and abroad, which is updated twice daily.
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...-260s-FOR-SALE

David

LimoRog 23rd April 2020 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2807859)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...1aaf6915d2.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...dbf4e152ab.jpg

This is my old V8 Tourer leaving to it’s new home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac_rouser 24th April 2020 18:48

Roger what an absolutely stunning car, exactly why I am now on the hunt for one, if the guy who bought it changes his mind send me a PM :) I was going to ask what was the spec, but I might be even more depressed :):)

LimoRog 25th April 2020 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2808316)
Roger what an absolutely stunning car, exactly why I am now on the hunt for one, if the guy who bought it changes his mind send me a PM :) I was going to ask what was the spec, but I might be even more depressed :):)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5ce5c42e2f.jpg

It’s was the spec you were looking for, it’s 1 of 10 Connoisseurs built ( 1 of 2 in September 2005 ) and was Chatsworth.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8a667c78ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac_rouser 25th April 2020 13:58

Cheers Roger that has helped my depression no end hahaha beautiful car mate ... sigh, the hunt continues

FLYING BANANA 25th April 2020 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2808522)
Cheers Roger that has helped my depression no end hahaha beautiful car mate ... sigh, the hunt continues

If I hear of anything will let you know. Happy Hunting.

Rick-sta 25th April 2020 20:18

not a tourer but a silver 56 plate v8 rover 75 saloon is up for sale at the moment on the facebook Rover 75/MG ZT sales pages.

Mike Noc 25th April 2020 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2808522)

Recently spoke to a chap in Kingsley, just up the road from us, who used to deal in used 260s, and he has pretty much given up. He reckons everyone is holding on to them these days. :getmecoat:

BigBen 27th April 2020 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2808316)

Top spec Connie SE and, sorry if it makes you even more depressed, it looks too well on my drive to be for sale.... :}:cloud9:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...b7b51533_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...7f4be32c_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f8a0bcc9_b.jpg

If you really want one, though, put the feelers out not just here but on the two-sixties forum and the Facebook page, too ;)

Mac_rouser 28th April 2020 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen (Post 2808877)
Top spec Connie SE and, sorry if it makes you even more depressed, it looks too well on my drive to be for sale.... :}:cloud9:
If you really want one, though, put the feelers out not just here but on the two-sixties forum and the Facebook page, too ;)

Ben, not sure I can forgive this blatant abuse, my nerves are shot now, spiraling into deeper depression :D:D:D
Dam mate that is one fine looking car, you sure you don't want to sell it, I mean, you kinda already got more then you can drive at once hahaha
By the way, I am a mahooosive fan of the Connoisseur SE trim, which is why I am set for a Rover 75 V8 as opposed to the MG, but that said is there much of a difference ?

DeeJ 29th April 2020 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2809104)
… I am a mahooosive fan of the Connoisseur SE trim, which is why I am set for a Rover 75 V8 as opposed to the MG, but that said is there much of a difference ?

Auto box of course, only a handful of ZT260 have that, and nearly all in Australia. Manual Rover 75 V8's do not exist.

Then there is the Rover's softer suspension. Excellent and firmish but not as harsh as the ZT260.

Rover exhaust system has differences, which makes the exhaust note more of a delicious throaty, V8 burble as against the ZT260 Scream-and-shout approach to life.

The Rover heater is more sophisticated and has controllable face-vent cold air too (wheel instead of V8 badge on the dash).

General soundproofing much more extensive over all the car.

Rover 75 V8's come as standard on 17" Star-spoke wheels, 18" Vortex being an option (all ZT260's have 18" of various types).

Mac_rouser 29th April 2020 10:15

Hi David Cheers for this, I did wonder about the ride ZT vs R75 I had an MG CDTi and yes that was a harsher ride compared to my R75 CDTi, on the other post https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=304506 you gave a little detail about that car, can you head over there and add any more cheers Ian

BigBen 29th April 2020 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2809104)
Ben, not sure I can forgive this blatant abuse, my nerves are shot now, spiraling into deeper depression :D:D:D
Dam mate that is one fine looking car, you sure you don't want to sell it, I mean, you kinda already got more then you can drive at once hahaha
By the way, I am a mahooosive fan of the Connoisseur SE trim, which is why I am set for a Rover 75 V8 as opposed to the MG, but that said is there much of a difference ?

Yes, as Dave said the auto box is the main one - it's not the usual Jatco used in the FWD models, this was a Ford 4R75W 4 speed unit using a Siemens 2000 ECU. It suits the engine really well and is really smooth, too. :D

The other 75 in the picture is my fathers CDTi Auto - also a top spec Connie SE, now on 166k. I had to weld the sills at the rear for the MOT this year (getting quite common, now) as it was waaaaay too good to scrap. :}

Hope you find a good one :cool:

Mac_rouser 29th April 2020 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen (Post 2809296)
Yes, as Dave said the auto box is the main one - it's not the usual Jatco used in the FWD models, this was a Ford 4R75W 4 speed unit using a Siemens 2000 ECU. It suits the engine really well and is really smooth, too. :D

The other 75 in the picture is my fathers CDTi Auto - also a top spec Connie SE, now on 166k. I had to weld the sills at the rear for the MOT this year (getting quite common, now) as it was waaaaay too good to scrap. :}

Hope you find a good one :cool:

Hi Ben, many thanks, I have the CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer currently on 99k something, they are pretty good at coping with the high miles, 166k is not bad at all, seen a few up into 300k+
I will need sills doing before the next MOT and as you say way too good to scrap.

Bogbrush82 4th May 2020 22:25

Does it have to be a Tourer?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Rove...gAAOSwPkhd79Sa

newhavenhibby 5th May 2020 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 (Post 2810521)

Test drove this a couple of years back when for sale in another dealers in Hampshire. Thought it a little tatty and I would have checked the sills out more for rot ( apart from the dents) if I had decided to take it any further ( looked as though they were starting to go). I saw last year it had moved to the present dealers.

Mac_rouser 5th May 2020 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 (Post 2810521)

Hi David, cheers I have had a good look at this car a while ago, but yup now I am only after a V8 Tourer :D

Bean66 5th May 2020 20:19

Mac

I wish you all the best in finding one.

I found mine relatively easily, but then its a Ztt so many more.

According to MGR build records there were 16 built, 10 Connoisseur SE and 6 Contemporary SE, so not alot. Of those DVLA list 14 as either SORN or taxed so not many lost along the way but still very very rare.

And i though mine being a Ztt was unusual.

Cheers Bean

DeeJ 7th May 2020 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean66 (Post 2810721)
Mac

I wish you all the best in finding one.

I found mine relatively easily, but then its a Ztt so many more.

According to MGR build records there were 16 built, 10 Connoisseur SE and 6 Contemporary SE, so not alot. Of those DVLA list 14 as either SORN or taxed so not many lost along the way but still very very rare.

And i though mine being a Ztt was unusual.

Cheers Bean

Something a bit wrong with those DVLA stats though since the three LHD Tourers, none of which are in the UK or ever have been, leaves only 13 RHD made, but 14 UK taxed or SORN'd ! The 16 is generally accepted as being the correct total number made. (Got photos of 12 of the 16 and registration details for all but one, a RHD (UK) Chatsworth). All the 3 LHD cars are well known and surviving.

Whichever way you look at it, very, very rare.

David

BigBen 7th May 2020 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJ (Post 2811043)
Something a bit wrong with those DVLA stats though since the three LHD Tourers, none of which are in the UK or ever have been, leaves only 13 RHD made, but 14 UK taxed or SORN'd ! The 16 is generally accepted as being the correct total number made. (Got photos of 12 of the 16 and registration details for all but one, a RHD (UK) Chatsworth). All the 3 LHD cars are well known and surviving.

Whichever way you look at it, very, very rare.

David

I wouldn't take much notice of the DVLA stats, up until my father bought his Black CDTi tourer 2 years ago for the first 15 years it existed it was registered as a saloon. :duh:

After 4 months of phone calls, photos, letters from our MOT tester confirming the VIN was genuine, etc., they eventually agreed it was a tourer.... :shrug:

marinabrian 16th May 2020 10:49

1 Attachment(s)
And if you just happen to own a 75 V8 tourer with a knackered cooling fan, and you are interested, I've attached the wiring diagrams.

It would appear that any petrol fan will fit, with the gateway ecu doing the control stuff ;)

Brian :D

FLYING BANANA 16th May 2020 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2812878)
And if you just happen to own a 75 V8 tourer with a knackered cooling fan, and you are interested, I've attached the wiring diagrams.

It would appear that any petrol fan will fit, with the gateway ecu doing the control stuff ;)

Thanks for the info Brian

Bean66 17th May 2020 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen (Post 2811125)
I wouldn't take much notice of the DVLA stats, up until my father bought his Black CDTi tourer 2 years ago for the first 15 years it existed it was registered as a saloon. :duh:

After 4 months of phone calls, photos, letters from our MOT tester confirming the VIN was genuine, etc., they eventually agreed it was a tourer.... :shrug:

No doubt with any large database there are loads and loads of errors and my source (howmanyleft) operates on the basis of incomplete anonymised data sets sets update a handful of times per year and i only every look out of general interest.

But wherther 14 or 16 is accurate as a guide all the numbers say exactly the same, very very rare.

Cheers Bean

marinabrian 17th May 2020 16:36

The one I made a key for on Friday was this one here.....

Vehicle Information

vin SARRXZTGJ5D000790
vin_sequence 790
off_assembly_date Monday, 8th November 2004 @ 11:57:06
model 75 Tourer
variant V8 Connoisseur SE
num_doors 5
paint_code MBB
brochure_model_desc C3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS
sales_model_derivative RXZTG
sales_model_derivative_desc Rover 75 4.6 V8 Connoisseur SE Tourer
home_export Home
country GREAT BRITAIN
exterior_paint Starlight Silver
interior_trim Leather (Black/Smoke Piping)
engine 4.6 V8 260ps
trimlevel Connoisseur SE
bodytype TOURER
manual_auto A
model_year MY2004
sold_date Unknown

General Information

This vehicle was the 25,896th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 7th 75 Tourer V8 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 10
This vehicle was the 3,759th 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers

I was offered it for sale if I were interested, and for a fleeting moment I thought about the fact I miss having a tourer for carting rubbish down to the tip, especially as according to the owner who has plenty of experience of ZT 260 told me it doesn't suffer from the god awful transmission lash of the manual cars.

In the end though, I doubt I could live it down, and it was finished in my least favourite colour of Starlight Primertallic :getmecoat:

Mac_rouser 18th May 2020 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2813098)
The one I made a key for on Friday was this one here.....

Hi Brian PM sent :D Cheers Ian

Andy Fax 23rd May 2020 07:48

There's one for sale on Facebook if you're still interested, Ian? £9,500

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6396509510326/

Mac_rouser 23rd May 2020 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Fax (Post 2814136)
There's one for sale on Facebook if you're still interested, Ian? £9,500

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6396509510326/

Hi Andy many thanks for looking out for me :} :} Much appreciated.
Thor is a stunning car no question, great colour too, but I am set on a Rover 75 4.6 V8 Connoisseur SE Tourer
Really appreciating the help here on the forum, the hunt is still on for a good example :D

Cheers Ian

manxierover 1st June 2020 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2814163)
Hi Andy many thanks for looking out for me :} :} Much appreciated.
Thor is a stunning car no question, great colour too, but I am set on a Rover 75 4.6 V8 Connoisseur SE Tourer
Really appreciating the help here on the forum, the hunt is still on for a good example :D

Cheers Ian

Hi,
Not sure if it's been mentioned but of the 16 made only 10 V8 Rover Tourers made in top connie spec and only 7 were RHD. So trying to find one of British Motoring's most rare cars won't be easy, but I do wish you well in your search. I have the Nocture Blue one and got by pure chance. Good luck.