The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New track and trace APP (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308104)

SCP440 23rd September 2020 20:48

New track and trace APP

I see a new track and trace app is available from midnight. I was not going to bother but apparently we are going to need it before we enter some places, the wife reckons she must have it to go to the gym from Friday.:eek:

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on the virus.

macafee2 24th September 2020 07:42

I don't think my phone will work an app so what will they do with customers that have old phones?

macafee2

Simondi 24th September 2020 08:03

The Scottish App went live a couple of weeks ago. Easy to install on either an Android or apple phone.

Thankfully no alerts for me yet

mh007 24th September 2020 08:34

The places that demand I use it will be the places I'll walk away from!

Plenty of alternatives & if there isn't, I'll just go without.

suzublu 24th September 2020 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2838492)
The places that demand I use it will be the places I'll walk away from!

Plenty of alternatives & if there isn't, I'll just go without.

Exactly, :bowdown: What's next? ID cards with track & trace, no travel without:shrug: We're becoming just another Chinese region:mad:

macafee2 24th September 2020 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2838512)
Exactly, :bowdown: What's next? ID cards with track & trace, no travel without:shrug: We're becoming just another Chinese region:mad:

I think it is a bit early to think that. If monitoring continues once covid is no longer a threat, then there may be some substance to the suggestion but I like to think not

macafee2

Snetty 24th September 2020 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2838523)
I think it is a bit early to think that. If monitoring continues once covid is no longer a threat, then there may be some substance to the suggestion but I like to think not

macafee2

More likely to be the thin edge of the wedge tbh.
There is a school of thought that implies if you are not doing nothing wrong then it shouldn't worry you. However we are told we live in a free democratic society and having the state able to track our every movement doesn't quite sit right with that.
There are enough cameras etc watching us already.

wraymond 24th September 2020 18:53

I would think I would be mad to consider it. And, what's more, I don't even have to give a reason.

So, enough people have refused to write their names and addresses on a clipboard at the restaurant or pub door to let the Gov off the leash of due rigour. They now go the whole hog albeit with yet even more blandishments. Pretty soon you will be publicly shamed into giving your inside leg measurement and where you keep your car keys. Not a chance in Hades. What do they think we are all doing? French kissing?

p2roverman 24th September 2020 20:26

Just tried to download the app to my iphone. No chance - the symbol went round and round for 20 minutes til I turned the phone off

baxlin 24th September 2020 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2838428)
I see a new track and trace app is available from midnight. I was not going to bother but apparently we are going to need it before we enter some places, the wife reckons she must have it to go to the gym from Friday.:eek:

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on the virus.

Looks like I won’t be going to the gym then, as the app needs iPhone 6S or newer, and IOS13 something. My iPhone is a 6, with an earlier IOS version, which has suited my needs for quite some time.

That said, if my phone would take it, I would install it ASAP, as it can’t do any harm, and we are assured it’s anonymous.