The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOT - drive it like I stole it (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300720)

macafee2 11th November 2019 06:53

MOT - drive it like I stole it

Mot today, fitted a new fuel filter yesterday and filled it with diesel injector cleaner. Off in a little while to drive it like I've stolen it to try and make sure emissions are not a problem, flew through on them last year.

With the rear suspension work done the last couple of weeks and generally all the work I've done to the car, I'll be fed up if the car fails

macafee2

Rev Jules 11th November 2019 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2774854)
Mot today, fitted a new fuel filter yesterday and filled it with diesel injector cleaner. Off in a little while to drive it like I've stolen it to try and make sure emissions are not a problem, flew through on them last year.

With the rear suspension work done the last couple of weeks and generally all the work I've done to the car, I'll be fed up if the car fails

macafee2

Good Luck, Have faith she will be okay.

Rev

Russel 11th November 2019 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2774854)

macafee2

Hey I thought you you never drive in haste lol good luck Ian

Dallas 11th November 2019 08:02

Good luck for the MOT today Ian. ;)

macafee2 11th November 2019 10:09

it passed with 1 advisory. Emissions were fine.
track rod end ball joint has play in it. I don't notice it when driving but they put the car in the air and shaking the wheel I could feel the play. I member in Twickenham gave me some spares and amongst them I'm sure are new track rod ends.

I will find a day when the wife is working and I'm not and change it over. It's not a long job and if I don't disturb the nut that locks the end, hopefully the tracking will be ok.

macafee2

macafee2 11th November 2019 10:12

Driving a car with such high rev's even in acceleration, is quite alien to me. My previous motorbike, well....... my rev counter hit 10,000 or more revs on more then 1 occasion. The Tourer had a good blast on dual carriageway and motorway before being presented. The saloon passed a month or two ago with no advisories

macafee2

Russel 11th November 2019 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2774903)
Driving a car with such high rev's even in acceleration, is quite alien to me. My previous motorbike, well....... my rev counter hit 10,000 or more revs on more then 1 occasion. The Tourer had a good blast on dual carriageway and motorway before being presented. The saloon passed a month or two ago with no advisories

macafee2

Mine will not not pass atm

Rev Jules 11th November 2019 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2774902)
it passed with 1 advisory. Emissions were fine.
track rod end ball joint has play in it. I don't notice it when driving but they put the car in the air and shaking the wheel I could feel the play. I member in Twickenham gave me some spares and amongst them I'm sure are new track rod ends.

I will find a day when the wife is working and I'm not and change it over. It's not a long job and if I don't disturb the nut that locks the end, hopefully the tracking will be ok.

macafee2

Told you so?:}

FLYING BANANA 11th November 2019 14:58

Congratulations