The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Drop links (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316559)

rab60bit 25th November 2021 15:56

Drop links

N/S front MOT failure today. Pair bought off DMGRS in December 2016 and driven approx. 20K. Tester comment "Anti-rollbar linkage ball joint likely to become detached".
I know Lemforder have been recommended, any other brands I can try, need to get a pair ordered quick?

Lee T 25th November 2021 16:05

MEYLE HD.
4 year guarantee. quality item I happily recommend.

MSS 25th November 2021 16:13

Meyle HD or Delphi.

macafee2 25th November 2021 16:22

As already said, Meyle, 4 mots and they passed each one.

macafee2

Sonic ZS 25th November 2021 17:57

Did I see that DMGRS have an offer on at the moment on these, plus a no-quibble 4 year guarantee ?

Personally, I'd rather support a business like DMGRS that have helped to keep our cars on the road for the long term (think re-manufactured suspension arms ;)), than an unknown ebay seller with a warranty that's full of loopholes and may well have disappeared if/when you need to make a claim :shrug:

Just a thought..... :D

SD1too 25th November 2021 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by rab60bit (Post 2909563)
Tester comment "Anti-rollbar linkage ball joint likely to become detached".

Hi John,

I would ask the tester for a fuller explanation of what he found. "Likely to become detached" could mean that the fixing nuts need tightening.

Simon

Mike Trident 25th November 2021 19:03

MEYLE HD

30k and 4 mot's still going strong

rab60bit 26th November 2021 12:34

Thanks for the responses, I've ordered a pair of Mehle HD - with VAT and the carriage etc. they come to me at £24 each.
Please note I updated my original post (regarding the 'life' from this last pair of links off DMGRS who I do support whenever possible) but it was December 2016 @146K when I replaced both front struts and the drop links (again as MOT failures in that November) with DMGRS components
- the O/S strut was advised as 'misting' in December 2020 @165K
- the O/S strut "serious leak" and the N/S drop link "...linkage ball joint likely to become detached" both fails yesterday @167K
Matt agreed to replace the strut FOC last year so I have it ready to fit but approx. 20K for both components ain't good (particularly the strut) and I don't attempt to do them myself so it's labour costs on top.
Anyone know who supplied the MGR production line with drop links?
Should I give both drop links some extra grease, if so what grease must I use?

MSS 26th November 2021 12:46

Personally, I don't subscribe to the view that extra grease is needed. But respect that others have the opposite view. In any case, you may be invalidating the 4-year warranty by doing so.

rab60bit 26th November 2021 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2909595)
Hi John,

I would ask the tester for a fuller explanation of what he found. "Likely to become detached" could mean that the fixing nuts need tightening.

Simon

I'll have a look and report back