The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Next Base Camera. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318270)

Rev Jules 16th March 2022 09:34

Next Base Camera.

Does any one on here have a Next Base with a rear view camera fitted in a Tourer, if so where did you fix it and how did you reroute the cable to the forward facing one.
Cheers Rev.

trikey 16th March 2022 09:46

Yep I have one, but mine has the rear facing camera on the actual unit.

The easiest route is to runt the cable up through the headlining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLYING BANANA 16th March 2022 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2924481)
Does any one on here have a Next Base with a rear view camera fitted in a Tourer, if so where did you fix it and how did you reroute the cable to the forward facing one.
Cheers Rev.

Mine was fitted by Halfords. The rear camera needs a sticky pad to fix to the rear window. However mine fell off and is now stuck to the rear interior light. Seems to work better there.
The cable was routed through the head lining along the edges. Power is from a spare fuse in the fuse panel under the glove box.

Rev Jules 16th March 2022 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2924484)
Yep I have one, but mine has the rear facing camera on the actual unit.

The easiest route is to runt the cable up through the headlining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Andy I already have on of those, they call that an in car passenger camera and I have used it but need to take the centre head reset off?

Rev.

Rev Jules 16th March 2022 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2924485)
Mine was fitted by Halfords. The rear camera needs a sticky pad to fix to the rear window. However mine fell off and is now stuck to the rear interior light. Seems to work better there.
The cable was routed through the head lining along the edges. Power is from a spare fuse in the fuse panel under the glove box.

Thanks Bob, I am under the impression because it plugs into front camera with a long lead, why would it need a separate power source. Is that on the Bear or the yellow one.

Rev.

FLYING BANANA 16th March 2022 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2924513)
Thanks Bob, I am under the impression because it plugs into front camera with a long lead, why would it need a separate power source. Is that on the Bear or the yellow one.

Rev.

Bear.

Banana only has a forward facing one at the moment.

AndyN01 17th March 2022 06:52

Hi Rev.

If you need a hand putting it all in, shout up. Even if it's only to hold the china cups for the tea and plate for the expensive biscuits......

I'm sure Quizzie will happily run off with whatever the next bit is we need to fit :D.

Looking forward to catching up soon.