The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   removing electric seats with no power? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=217820)

Phil-Hex 3rd June 2015 18:40

removing electric seats with no power?

is it possible to move electric seats manually?

getting them from a scrap car and doubt they'll be any key to switch the power on or are they permanently live?

failing that is it possible to stick a live and earth wire into the plug and give them life that way? if so which holes? lol

David Lawrence 3rd June 2015 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-Hex (Post 2015030)
is it possible to move electric seats manually?

getting them from a scrap car and doubt they'll be any key to switch the power on or are they permanently live?

failing that is it possible to stick a live and earth wire into the plug and give them life that way? if so which holes? lol

I think there was another thread on this in the last day or so, and you are able to remove the drive motor first, after which i believe you can manually move the seat to facilitate its removal. Do a search for seats. Sure it was within this week.

Phil-Hex 3rd June 2015 21:26

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...tric+seat+move

hopefully i'll have access to a battery so will wire them direct if i need to (i'll twist in an inline fuse for safety)

rrobson 3rd June 2015 21:52

I've done it with a battery before. Just unplug the motor at the front of the seat and stick one pos and one neg onto terminals. Swap them over to move the other way. I wouldn't worry too much about a fuse either but that's up to you

Phil-Hex 4th June 2015 12:56

got them out ok

used the drill method as no power available, workd fine just took a bit of faffing about

they may be up for sale later depending on whether or not i strip them down for the switches for mine. would be a shame as they are monogram black/grey sport seats but having no joy finding a side panel and switches for my black ones :duh:

marinabrian 4th June 2015 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-Hex (Post 2015653)
got them out ok

used the drill method as no power available, workd fine just took a bit of faffing about

they may be up for sale later depending on whether or not i strip them down for the switches for mine. would be a shame as they are monogram black/grey sport seats but having no joy finding a side panel and switches for my black ones :duh:

Saloon or tourer Phil?

Phil-Hex 4th June 2015 14:11

saloon :mad:

Typhoon190 10th April 2020 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-Hex (Post 2015653)
got them out ok

So unfortunately my typhoon tourer filled with water over winter :( and I need to strip the interior out to dry it thoroughly. The issue I have is I can't get the front electric seats out because the bolts are covered. As there is quite a lot of water still in the bottom of the car, I'd rather not play with electrics. Is there a non destructive 'drill' method and could someone point be in the right direction please? :o Thanks in advance. Ben. :}

trikey 10th April 2020 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhoon190 (Post 2805055)
So unfortunately my typhoon tourer filled with water over winter :( and I need to strip the interior out to dry it thoroughly. The issue I have is I can't get the front electric seats out because the bolts are covered. As there is quite a lot of water still in the bottom of the car, I'd rather not play with electrics. Is there a non destructive 'drill' method and could someone point be in the right direction please? :o Thanks in advance. Ben. :}

Pull the wire cables from the motor under the front of the seat, then attach a drill (Or wind by hand if you have an hour to spare) Make sure you do them equally or the seat will twist in the runners.

Typhoon190 11th April 2020 11:17

Thanks Andy. :}