The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I've joined weight watchers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298365)

macafee2 14th August 2019 08:25

I've joined weight watchers

Alas over the last 2 years I have been putting on weight. I'd done so well before, losing best part of 4 stone.

Exercise alone was not enough, my eating habits had returned.
"Go to the fridge and eat, have dinner, go to the fridge and eat, watch tv, go to the fridge and eat" that sort of thing.

Anyway, joined weight watchers, fat people don't look good let's be honest.
Only been a week but what a change. We were away on holiday from the day after joining. Day 1 was not god as pizza already bought. From day 2 onwards, been very good, all but cut out bread and milk. Cheese, forgotten what that's like. The Mars Bars that I'd take on a walk and eat are still in the cupboard along with the Malibu and coke. No snacking except on melon.

The walking and going uphill has been harder.

I would like to get into the mid 13st region and that white shirt I got a year ago.

When I weigh myself next, I'll be well cheesed off if I've put on weight

macafee2

suffolk boy 14th August 2019 15:06

good luck with that i joined slimming world there is now three stone less off me than there used to be .i feel great and have gone from a 42 inch waist to a 34 now cycle 25 miles with out any problems.cut out the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- eat loads of lean meat esp chicken (no skin)plently of veg and fresh fruit and you will get there .

macafee2 14th August 2019 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by suffolk boy (Post 2754898)
good luck with that i joined slimming world there is now three stone less off me than there used to be .i feel great and have gone from a 42 inch waist to a 34 now cycle 25 miles with out any problems.cut out the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- eat loads of lean meat esp chicken (no skin)plently of veg and fresh fruit and you will get there .

never been able to cycle 25 miles, that is some distance well done.

plain chicken and runner beans for dinner for me:D

macafee2

3disco 14th August 2019 19:42

To help you out you could send me the mars bar!:}

trikey 14th August 2019 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2754824)
fat people don't look good let's be honest.

Some do, some don't.

Same as skinny ones I reckon.

Astraeus 16th August 2019 09:36

Walking

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2754901)
never been able to cycle 25 miles, that is some distance well done.

plain chicken and runner beans for dinner for me:D

macafee2

Since I had a bleed at the back of my eye (lost partial sight for a while) last June as a result of High Blood Pressure I have taken to walking every day. Many reasons for HBP of course but part of mine was two fold. Being unfit and overweight. Something had to be done.

Following discussions with the Doctor and family I have made a conscious effort to improve. Since January 3rd following the purchase of a Mi fit band for me from my daughter I have walked at least5km every day. Sometimes two or three times that. Point is every day. Not missed one. Whatever the weather. Once into doing it I have found it very beneficial. Along with big change in medication it has resulted in BP under control and the loss of 7.5 kg so far. Slow process but that best way.

I had become very car lazy. Even taking it to Co Op which is literally a five minute walk from house. Quite ridiculous actually.

Good luck with your challenge. It will be very worth while if you can stick to it. I reckon sticking to a small, realistic exercise target will really help.

Chris

macafee2 16th August 2019 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astraeus (Post 2755301)
Since I had a bleed at the back of my eye (lost partial sight for a while) last June as a result of High Blood Pressure I have taken to walking every day. Many reasons for HBP of course but part of mine was two fold. Being unfit and overweight. Something had to be done.

Following discussions with the Doctor and family I have made a conscious effort to improve. Since January 3rd following the purchase of a Mi fit band for me from my daughter I have walked at least5km every day. Sometimes two or three times that. Point is every day. Not missed one. Whatever the weather. Once into doing it I have found it very beneficial. Along with big change in medication it has resulted in BP under control and the loss of 7.5 kg so far. Slow process but that best way.

I had become very car lazy. Even taking it to Co Op which is literally a five minute walk from house. Quite ridiculous actually.

Good luck with your challenge. It will be very worth while if you can stick to it. I reckon sticking to a small, realistic exercise target will really help.

Chris

well done chris, every day, I'm not that keen.
Alas today I met up with my cousin and had a meal out. Just plain water for dinner now :)

macafee2

Ian G 16th August 2019 18:08

Well done on the weight loss everyone..:bowdown::bowdown:
Stick at it.
I know that it's not easy. 1 year ago on 1st September 2018 I weighed in at 18st.9lb (118.3kg)..
Today I weigh 13st 8lb (86.1kg).. no clubs or exercise classes (I've always kept active) just a big change of eating habits.
Has it been tough? Yes of course at times but at the moment I'm enjoying going out and buying clothes that I like and not because the clothes on the rail read xxxl and have elastic waist bands or velcro fastenings.
Dallas (Wes) lost a similar amount a few years ago and has kept it off:bowdown: I just hope that I can be as successful.
Cheers Ian

Dallas 16th August 2019 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2755395)
Well done on the weight loss everyone..:bowdown::bowdown:
Stick at it.
I know that it's not easy. 1 year ago on 1st September 2018 I weighed in at 18st.9lb (118.3kg)..
Today I weigh 13st 8lb (86.1kg).. no clubs or exercise classes (I've always kept active) just a big change of eating habits.
Has it been tough? Yes of course at times but at the moment I'm enjoying going out and buying clothes that I like and not because the clothes on the rail read xxxl and have elastic waist bands or velcro fastenings.
Dallas (Wes) lost a similar amount a few years ago and has kept it off:bowdown: I just hope that I can be as successful.
Cheers Ian

Thanks Ian, and well done. ;)

Also, well done to the other Ian, and to everyone else who is watching their waistline. Its not easy, you really have to be hard on yourself by making some big changes (the changes need to be permanent). :eek:

I myself also never joined any weight loss club, I knew exactly what my problem was. I was overeating, and eating all the wrong foods. :duh:

On the 6th January 2015 I made some permanent changes, I simply stopped eating all the junk foods and cut-out sugar. I still carried on eating bread, chips, and most dairy, I just watched my portion size's and avoided sugar where I could. I then simply started eating all the healthy stuff, and that included every vegetable in existence. lol

Looking back now, I was like you Ian... :bowdown:
18.5 stone.
44" waistline.
50" chest (XXXL).
19" shirt collar.

... and I have stayed.
12.5 stone.
36" waist.
42" chest (size M/L).
16" shirt collar.

The secret to keeping the weight off... is to avoid all the sugary foods and drinks, watch those portion sizes and only eat when you are hungry (eat to live, not live to eat).

Stick with it guys and girls... ;)

trikey 16th August 2019 21:01

2.5 stones off here since Feb, walking is what has done it for me, min of 4 miles per day, yes it’s a pain when it’s raining but it’s working !!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...df52d43a0e.jpg