The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Recommend a garage/mechanic? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=225564)

ianbstag 8th September 2015 21:10

Recommend a garage/mechanic?

As per the title really, I/m looking for someone to fit my newly acquired powerfolds.

I've got the looms (Thanks Wullie), and a pair of mirrors, but I'm lacking in the skills/tools/patience to actually get the job done.

Can anyone recommend a garage or mechanic within striking distance of Mansfield who I can trust to do the job?

I'm happy to pay the going rate, it's just I'd rather give my business to someone known to the forum.

Thanks for reading :D

simonsmith 9th September 2015 13:27

Fitting pwerfolds

Try Austin Garages not too far away from you at Burton on Trent
Hope this assists.

VVC-Geeza 9th September 2015 15:58

As above,Nick knows the cars inside out.

ianbstag 9th September 2015 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonsmith (Post 2092215)
Try Austin Garages not too far away from you at Burton on Trent
Hope this assists.

Thanks for that, I'll try and give them a call tomorrow, work permitting :D

Xavier 9th September 2015 17:17

Let us know how you get on as I have that task to complete on mine too....

ianbstag 9th September 2015 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier (Post 2092341)
Let us know how you get on as I have that task to complete on mine too....

Will do! I've dropped an email over to Austin Garages, so we'll see what happens over the next few days. I'll update the thread with any news.

trikey 9th September 2015 19:56

Less than an hour to fit them ;)

ianbstag 9th September 2015 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2092435)
Less than an hour to fit them ;)

An hour? I'd need a full day at it, about six gallons of tea, at least a dozen elastoplasts and two packets of Marlboro. and I'd finish the day convinced the car looks better with no mirrors, and who needs doorcards anyway:D

trikey 9th September 2015 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianbstag (Post 2092451)
An hour? I'd need a full day at it, about six gallons of tea, at least a dozen elastoplasts and two packets of Marlboro. and I'd finish the day convinced the car looks better with no mirrors, and who needs doorcards anyway:D

Lol, its not that bad, easier if there is two to help remove and refit the door as the wire is not long enough to allow you to place the door on the ground while disconnecting the plug in the base of the A pillar.

Arctic 10th September 2015 00:05

Try and get your self to the midland nano these are fitted regular there and looms can be made up too if need be next one is this weekend 12th 13th, you will be given all the help you need for free ;)