The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Interior LEDs (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302775)

Sledge 10th February 2020 07:25

Interior LEDs

Hi,

I've been considering replacing my interior globes with orange LEDs.

I bought some T10s, but they are amber which looks like junk. They are also very dull.

If I Google Search or Ebay search, all I find is amber despite searching specifically for orange.

If someone could point me to the right place where you guys buy, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Rod

Lee T 10th February 2020 08:36

Add BERGAN LIGHTING or CREE to your search, they are the leading LED suppliers. Also both have their own web sites for a more specific search. You won't go wrong with CREE products, I don't buy any other type myself.

T-Cut 10th February 2020 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledge (Post 2792210)
If I Google Search or Ebay search, all I find is amber despite searching specifically for orange.

Hello Rod,
I had a similar problem when I was searching for some SMD LEDs for a project I worked on. You'll find that suppliers use 'amber' and 'orange' interchangeably, so ordering one may get you the wrong shade. I bought LEDs from several different suppliers before I found the colour I needed.
Good luck in finding what you want.

TC

Sledge 19th February 2020 07:16

Well,

After more frustration than necessary, I've (hopefully) found a guy with Orange LEDs

They're Au$20 each or £1 :D

£10. (seriously)

Is this the kind of price you guys would pay, or do you guys know a better source?

I'm used to buying stuff from the UK, so I know the Aussie $ gets smashed all the time. :unlucky:

Thanks

Rod

trikey 19th February 2020 07:20

Side repeater bulbs will do the job, I might have a few hundred in stock if you want to try them!!

Sledge 19th February 2020 14:51

I might have to take up your offer.

I've got one last place to try.

Are CANBUS OK for interior lighting?

Thanks

Rod

suzublu 19th February 2020 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledge (Post 2794094)
I might have to take up your offer.

I've got one last place to try.

Are CANBUS OK for interior lighting?

Thanks

Rod

Don't need Canbus for interior lights, but they'll do if that's all you can get:shrug::cool:

Sledge 20th February 2020 03:14

I can't find much else.

About 4 bucks a shot, better than 20.

Thanks

Rod

Sledge 6th April 2020 04:31

Hi guys,

well after waiting for weeks for some "super orange" LEDs, they finally arrived in the mail.

What I received was multicolour strobing LEDs, of which, none of the strobe colours were orange.

The LEDs were also too big to fit into the interior light assembly.

Does anyone know where I can find true orange LEDs and not amber that most sellers call orange.

Thanks in advance.

Rod 🙃