The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Radioguy - banned trader (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=277216)

pletevl 22nd December 2017 07:01

Radioguy - banned trader

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get a reply from RADIOGUY recently ?

His last connection on this site was the 19 december around 23.00. (with his login !)

I ordered some spare LED rings for my rear lights a couple of months ago, paid for them, but never received them.

Is this the end of RADIOGUY ? a lot of people are complaining.

Thanks for any info.

Pete.

Reebs 22nd December 2017 07:05

I wouldn't write him off just yet!

I take it you have PM'd and emailed him a fresh before posting this thread?

Mr Bone 22nd December 2017 07:30

I spoke to Sean a couple of weeks ago, definitely still around.
I ordered a Navall for my VW Touareg, that was delayed because of a warehouse issue in Germany. Sean kept me up to date by email and even called me to discuss completing the order. When it looked like the courier couldn't deliver, he ordered another and had it fast tracked to me.
He's clearly extremely busy shipping goods across the world, which will sometimes go wrong, but my experience is that if it does he will go the extra mile to put things right.

The Germany issue was a bomb threat at a distribution centre, which was locked down while the whole place was searched.....needle/haystack.

7T5 22nd December 2017 09:08

I have pm him and am still waiting on a reply. I guess he must be busy.

pletevl 22nd December 2017 09:10

I have emailed him on his prefered email address. I have PM'd him on here and left posts but no answer :-(

I can only wait and see if he eventually delivers.

Pete.

suzublu 22nd December 2017 09:24

Might be on his holidays, it is Christmas in Canada too:shrug::D

bendrick 22nd December 2017 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletevl (Post 2576478)
Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get a reply from RADIOGUY recently ?

His last connection on this site was the 19 december around 23.00. (with his login !)

I ordered some spare LED rings for my rear lights a couple of months ago, paid for them, but never received them.

Is this the end of RADIOGUY ? a lot of people are complaining.

Thanks for any info.

Pete.

I had an Email conversation with him yesterday in regards to one of the steering wheels that he was advertising that I ordered off him 15 days ago wondering if there was a problem with the delivery company that he was unaware of given that I'd heard nothing since.

He said that delivery was scheduled for these items in January and he has now amended the wording on his site in regards to delivery of these items.

So he must be about.

timspencer 22nd December 2017 12:26

Another guy on a facebook page has been waiting weeks for stuff ordered from him, emailed called etc and had no reply or had his calls cut off, its not painting him in a very good light and I personally wouldn't use him agin, I bought an SD card earlier this year and it took far too long and only after constant chasing did it finally arrive!.

maybe admin should contact and find out why so many people at unhappy!

I've also read of a fee people who have bought faulty head units.

smallheathlad 22nd December 2017 13:56

radioguy

I ordered and paid for rear lights at the end of October, I did have to send some follow-up emails, some he responded by return some did take a few days.

With the various emails conversations he had provided an incorrect delivery date, however the goods arrived on Monday and I was in email contact on Sunday night.

Hope you goods arrive soon.

7T5 22nd December 2017 14:15

So you have had your lights? Nothing here.

Mickyboy 22nd December 2017 15:11

Probably on his holidays mate

jondonwar 22nd December 2017 15:30

led rings

Hi all I too am waiting for my leds rings paid for them in November even pm him and he has yet to resond, would not use him again regards john

BillyMG 22nd December 2017 16:17

I was in touch with him 5 days ago with this email address if it helps at all: [email protected]

Swordy 22nd December 2017 16:30

LED rings

I am in the same boat only I paid for a set of spare LED rings from the previous batch of lights probably in the first quarter of the Year. I know Sean said there were order/shipping issues but when he posted he had them in stock I thought I'd be a priority.
Got no word so messaged Sean and reminded him. Sean said they would be sent.
Nothing has arrived as yet.

RPWC 22nd December 2017 16:53

Apparently Sean has been made aware of this thread, so its up to him to respond to it now. NOTHING TO DO WITH ME ,so don't all think I'm his spokesperson. lol:snowball:

Radioguy 22nd December 2017 18:09

Well its been the month from hell ................
In Dec 2nd we sent all of our Xmas shipments to go DHL via our forwarder to UK *(Jeff) 3 Shipments in total, 110KG's . which usually takes about a week once they have the goods.

On december 3rd DHL had a bomb threat in Potsdam and stopped all shipments to UK and Germany , which turned out lasting 9 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dhl/917550001/

We struggled 5-6 days (And nights) trying to get our goods back and then more days waiting for space on another courier as was every one else shipping to EU! Space was limited and especially at Xmas, everyone was panicking. We managed to get some of the goods back and redirected them to the new shipper via UPS. Others went the regular route.

Jeff has now moved on as you probably know, But this to be the last service to us. He is still a good friend and we are still in touch regularly. Jeff's new job was supposed to be 3 days a week so we were delaying until after Xmas to switch, but opportunities presented themselves in is new job and he became only available Saturday mornings each week so we decided to expedite the change in arrangements and transfer the goods to the new shipper.

Jeff shipped some orders packed up our stuff and transferred it to the new guy and guess what ?
UPS has "lost" it !
https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/...&r=193#/doapp/
I cant believe it. I had all the documents set to get all the shipments out on arrival ! we had about 8 orders . I have claims in and have been harrassing them in hopes they will find it ...........but I have a feeling its gone the wy of the woolly mammoth.

I am going nuts and have to beg your indulgence.

All of my small items inventory and a couple of head units are missing !As well as LED lights. Some late orders , ther was no way I was going to make Xmas but they are also coming.

I am sorry but I am trying to cope and have to start again ! The LED Light rings aer still not sent to us, the factory is a real pain and very sporadic in communication , I have paid them and historically they have een this way. They will get them and send them. .

the steering wheels promo are in Stock and being organized to come along with enough LED light sets to fill all orders. The head units (about 6 that we need) will be here next week or just after the new year depending on how shipping is next week.

Thats about it. I apologize to all and welcome all emails , to [email protected] . Also all orders will be filled , albeit , its going to be late.

7T5 23rd December 2017 10:02

Thanks for the update, sounds a nightmare. Can i ask an approx date of delivery for the lights please?

Jamiewelch 24th December 2017 08:44

Wouldn't the easier way to sell things be to buy them from your supplier, then advertise and sell them when you actually have them? Rather than sell them and then people have to wait months before they actually get the product?

That's what most companies do, you wouldn't go to do your food shop and when you get to the checkout them saying ok, we will go and get your food from our supplier, he may have to grow it first so you may have to wait a while.

There are too many of these threads surfacing recently, I think moderators should step in.

Heddy 24th December 2017 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2577089)
Wouldn't the easier way to sell things be to buy them from your supplier, then advertise and sell them when you actually have them? Rather than sell them and then people have to wait months before they actually get the product?

That's what most companies do, you wouldn't go to do your food shop and when you get to the checkout them saying ok, we will go and get your food from our supplier, he may have to grow it first so you may have to wait a while.

There are too many of these threads surfacing recently, I think moderators should step in.

This makes perfect sense. What do you call it? 'The elephant in the room'?

Vanbursta 24th December 2017 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2577089)

That model is called "dropshipping" and is illegal in the UK. Basically if you offer something for sale you must have stock of it.

Avulon 24th December 2017 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanbursta (Post 2577128)
That model is called "dropshipping" and is illegal in the UK. Basically if you offer something for sale you must have stock of it.

Regardless of anything else- and with reference only to the quoted post - I can find no evidence that dropshipping is illegal in the UK - dropshipping and JIT suppy is an extremely common way of selling goods across the globe. If someone is going to make statements like this they ought to back it up with a link to the legislation, and at least one applicable prosecution.

bendrick 24th December 2017 11:39

I think perhaps one of the most relevent points in this thread as in so many cases of customer service of any description is.

Communication.

It is ( or should be ) the cornerstone of any customer oriented service sales or supply.

As long as the customer is kept informed of potential delays or any minor or major problems and isn't chasing information regarding delays etc then that is half the battle sorted. The other half of course is actually getting the goods to the customer that they have paid for.

Les4048 24th December 2017 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2577134)
Regardless of anything else- and with reference only to the quoted post - I can find no evidence that dropshipping is illegal in the UK - dropshipping and JIT suppy is an extremely common way of selling goods across the globe. If someone is going to make statements like this they ought to back it up with a link to the legislation, and at least one applicable prosecution.

You are correct sir, and this isn’t what RadioGuy is doing anyway as he doesn’t get items shipped direct

“Dropshipping is a method of trading whereby you, the retailer, do not keep products in stock. Instead you partner with a wholesaler who is holding stock, you transfer customer orders and delivery details to them and they ship the goods directly to the customer. Most retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price”

smallheathlad 24th December 2017 14:11

Radio guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by bendrick (Post 2577154)
I think perhaps one of the most relevent points in this thread as in so many cases of customer service of any description is.

Communication.

It is ( or should be ) the cornerstone of any customer oriented service sales or supply.

As long as the customer is kept informed of potential delays or any minor or major problems and isn't chasing information regarding delays etc then that is half the battle sorted. The other half of course is actually getting the goods to the customer that they have paid for.

I paid for a new set of lights at the end of October, I had not realised there was a lead time for delivery I Just assumed the goods were available. I had not fully read the small print of the advert.

I did send emails which were responded to, some times within the hour others did take a few days.

The lights have arrived at the start of the week I fitted them and they work wonderfully they are just as described in the advert.

Reading the various posts there does appear to be a number of different companies involved in the supply chain which must present difficulties in organising.
Large multi nationals have problems and make mistakes it’s how they correct them which matters. The method of trade for a number of organisations is to offer goods which they do not physically hold in stock but can get delivered, I see nothing wrong in that provided the customer is made fully aware of the delivery date and kept informed about issues.

bl52krz 24th December 2017 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2577134)

Common sense should be employed before you make statements. My question to you is, can you sell something you do not own? A yes or no will do. Does the said action amount to fraud?

Les4048 24th December 2017 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2577198)
Common sense should be employed before you make statements. My question to you is, can you sell something you do not own? A yes or no will do.

Yes you can and I do it regularly when a customer requests spare parts. If I don’t have it in stock I order it from the supplier and it arrives next day and I invoice it, sometimes for immediate payment other times on an account. Now I have anything up to 120 days in some cases to pay for the parts so effectively I’ve sold them and got the money in before I pay for the goods. It’s called efficient business and good cash flow

7T5 24th December 2017 19:02

Bit annoyed now. Some folk have theres,some don't. No notification of delay until I asked. Wish I hadn't bother ordering these now.

Avulon 24th December 2017 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2577178)
You are correct sir, and this isn’t what RadioGuy is doing anyway as he doesn’t get items shipped direct

“Dropshipping is a method of trading whereby you, the retailer, do not keep products in stock. Instead you partner with a wholesaler who is holding stock, you transfer customer orders and delivery details to them and they ship the goods directly to the customer. Most retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price”

Absolutely agree - It's not dropshipping - it's JIT (just in time) supply (or that's what its supposed to be).

Quote:

Common sense should be employed before you make statements. My question to you is, can you sell something you do not own? A yes or no will do. Does the said action amount to fraud?

Yes, No -- See below. As an aside sales assistants do it every day up and down the country. Another example is auction houses sell stuff they don't own all the time (although they usually have posession at the time of sale). When you order some carrots from the supermarket for delivery the next day - who do you think 'owns' those carrots while you pay the supermarket up front?........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2577201)
Yes you can and I do it regularly when a customer requests spare parts. If I don’t have it in stock I order it from the supplier and it arrives next day and I invoice it, sometimes for immediate payment other times on an account. Now I have anything up to 120 days in some cases to pay for the parts so effectively I’ve sold them and got the money in before I pay for the goods. It’s called efficient business and good cash flow

Absolutely, and for traders able to pull it off smoothly it makes a great difference. Carrying stock paid for in advance with only a sales forecast to go on, or worse waiting for payment after supplying goods or services, can often make business's that are turning over well with good order books go under.

7T5 28th December 2017 12:01

Still no reply from my PM. Poor show i feel. Yes things go wrong but the folk that ordered should have been kept in the loop.

Kiltman 28th December 2017 12:06

Quote:

Yes, of course you can, a tried and trusted business model, my employer uses it as do many other businesses, do you really think someone such as Amazon have every product in stock and paid for when you order?

Incastone 29th December 2017 15:03

Another customer here that has paid and not received.

I understand if there are circumstances beyond his control that have caused delays, but that doesn't excuse the kind of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- poor and completely unprofessional lack of communication/no response to messages etc.

If you're going to run a business, and take money, then do it NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- properly or not at all.

stonerose72 29th December 2017 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incastone (Post 2578342)
Another customer here that has paid and not received.

I understand if there are circumstances beyond his control that have caused delays, but that doesn't excuse the kind of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- poor and completely unprofessional lack of communication/no response to messages etc.

If you're going to run a business, and take money, then do it NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- properly or not at all.

Well said! I am not one of his chums so I am on the side of fairness. People always seem to be chasing this guy for goods or money back.

7T5 3rd January 2018 09:40

Still no reply from my PM. :icon_frown:

pletevl 3rd January 2018 09:53

This is the reply i got from him on the 22nd of December:

Pete , Ill issue a refund on the rings. they are still not with us from the factory. I bought them and have been chasing. I have light SETS but the rings still not have come to us as promised

Sean

bl52krz 3rd January 2018 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2577310)
Absolutely agree - It's not dropshipping - it's JIT (just in time) supply (or that's what its supposed to be).

Yes, No -- See below. As an aside sales assistants do it every day up and down the country. Another example is auction houses sell stuff they don't own all the time (although they usually have posession at the time of sale). When you order some carrots from the supermarket for delivery the next day - who do you think 'owns' those carrots while you pay the supermarket up front?........

Absolutely, and for traders able to pull it off smoothly it makes a great difference. Carrying stock paid for in advance with only a sales forecast to go on, or worse waiting for payment after supplying goods or services, can often make business's that are turning over well with good order books go under.

I am on about an item you do not own, as in the word ‘own’ I.e. possession. When you take an order to supply something you do not ‘own’,you are making a ‘promise’ to supply. Usually if you make a promise to supply an item, which you are on about, I think, by definition you are asked, or you give, a time or date when you will be able to supply the item. If you can not, or are unable to give an explanation as to why you can’t complete the transaction, I personally would contact the customer and explain why, and also offer them their money back. A simple procedure. These posts are the reason, that although the person we are on about ‘promises to supply, after you have paid money up front’, either partly or fully,that whet my appetite, I would not get involved with. And by the way, ‘Dropshiping’ is not what is happening here, that is unless his customers are receiving their goods from the manufacturer, and not the person referred to on here. Just thought I would clear that point up..

7T5 3rd January 2018 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletevl (Post 2579979)
This is the reply i got from him on the 22nd of December:

Pete , Ill issue a refund on the rings. they are still not with us from the factory. I bought them and have been chasing. I have light SETS but the rings still not have come to us as promised

Sean

Thanks, i have heard nothing. I'm going to contact my card company now as im getting no where.

Avulon 3rd January 2018 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2579985)
I am on about an item you do not own, as in the word ‘own’ I.e. possession. When you take an order to supply something you do not ‘own’,you are making a ‘promise’ to supply. Usually if you make a promise to supply an item, which you are on about, I think, by definition you are asked, or you give, a time or date when you will be able to supply the item. If you can not, or are unable to give an explanation as to why you can’t complete the transaction, I personally would contact the customer and explain why, and also offer them their money back. A simple procedure. These posts are the reason, that although the person we are on about ‘promises to supply, after you have paid money up front’, either partly or fully,that whet my appetite, I would not get involved with. And by the way, ‘Dropshiping’ is not what is happening here, that is unless his customers are receiving their goods from the manufacturer, and not the person referred to on here. Just thought I would clear that point up..

I agree that failure to supply within the agreed (contracted?) time period should result in action to rectify from the seller. However what you originally posted suggested (IMHO) to a claim that the act of contracting to sell and taking money up front without possession of the goods would be fraud: and that is entirely wrong.

Quote:

P.S. Maybe you have a contrast problem reading black text on a white background. If so, then I understand why all your posts are made in the striking bold blue colour - however could I ask that you remove the bolding and or revert to using black, or something less bright, please? Whenever I read your posts they always seem a little shouty because of the bright boldness of your text.

bl52krz 3rd January 2018 17:13

Sorry about the colour, but I find it easier to read than black on white. I would suggest that you insert ‘lawman.co.uk into your browser and read. And again I say,you can not sell something you do not own. My Granddaughter is also studying law at university and agrees with me.I have no intention of getting into a long winded conversation, so this is my last post on this subject.

COLVERT 3rd January 2018 17:34

lawman.co.uk

That didn't help very much.----:icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

Avulon 3rd January 2018 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2580095)
Sorry about the colour, but I find it easier to read than black on white. I would suggest that you insert ‘lawman.co.uk into your browser and read. And again I say,you can not sell something you do not own. My Granddaughter is also studying law at university and agrees with me.I have no intention of getting into a long winded conversation, so this is my last post on this subject.

I Understand the blue - but why bold? Anyway tried the lawman.co.uk' you suggested... it doesn't exist

mgzrjake 3rd January 2018 18:09

Re trader's name

perhaps this trader should be re-named no Radio or Parts supplied Guy then anybody who buys said items he doesn't have or own dose so at their own risk. :laugh:

7T5 4th January 2018 08:35

I have now had a reply to my pm via email and i expect to have my item within 2 weeks.

Neil1 4th January 2018 10:26

Quote:

That's not correct as I do this all the time.

I'm an Affiliate Marketer and I pre-sell items which I don't own.

Lawman.co.uk doesn't exist, comes up with a page which gives hosting advice.

bendrick 4th January 2018 10:53

I don't regard the issue here as to whether it is lawful to own goods that you are selling in this manner or whether you are taking payment for goods that you have not yet recieved in from a supplier.

But more that of an indication of delivery time and immediate communication and notification to the customer if there are any hold ups is the very basis of customer service.

The lack of such communication very much appears to be a recurring theme here.

I wouldn't have thought it that difficult to get in touch with a customer to let them know that an item might be delivered a week or two later than anticipated. In fact I would consider it to be a basic courtesy.

spongeh 4th January 2018 11:31

I think this is the page you're referring too: https://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/selling-goods-non-owner

Which in the introduction states: The basic rule of law is that you cannot sell what you do not own.

Now I'm not defending RadioGuy because I believe what he's doing is wrong on so many levels, but you can sell items that you do no own if you're acting as an agent for the owner.

What I thinks happening here is that you're confusing ownership with possession, RadioGuy has purchased the items from the factory (or agent) and therefore has ownership, but due to a shipping problem he doesn't have possession of the items and therefore cannot fulfill his orders. This is not illegal.

As far as none delivery, the sale of goods act does have regulations around delivery expectations -

The Regulations state that delivery must be made without undue delay and in any event within 30 calendar days of the day the contract is entered into UNLESS:
  • A shorter or longer period has been agreed, or
  • The obligation to deliver arises at the time it the contract was entered into, for example by reference to
    information given to the consumer about delivery time (whether longer or shorter than 30 calendar days) before entering into the contract or otherwise having regard to the nature of the goods (e.g. postal supply of frozen products would have to be delivered in good condition an still frozen on arrival)

http://www.turbervilles.co.uk/blog/c...very-of-goods/

COLVERT 4th January 2018 11:34

Quote:

No nastiness intended but your posts seem to be becoming less reliable than the posts of the trader in question.

Who is this --LAWMAN you are talking about ???

Also has your granddaughter been studying law for very long ? Could it be she is ,perhaps, mistaken or not yet reached the correct level of competence ?

Bit like those signs that sometimes adorn the rear window of cars.

( If you have any worrying or complicated problems then ask my 17 year old son. He knows everything about anything. )---:eek:

Neil1 4th January 2018 11:46

These items are covered under this https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distan...for-businesses

Les4048 4th January 2018 11:51

Studying and reading law is one thing but understanding and interpretation of it is quite another

Neil1 4th January 2018 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2580354)
Studying and reading law is one thing but understanding and interpretation of it is quite another

Very true.:}

Avulon 4th January 2018 12:25

I'd also add to the ownership & sales discussion. When do you think a sale actually occurs? It's not on receipt of payment - it's on supply of goods (or services - and services don't exist until they are performed). Acceptance of payment is usually part of entering into a contract to supply. And that's a whole other kettle of fish. My point being that it's not illegal to offer to supply goods you don't own and take payment before you have ownership. In a sense bl52krz is correct: you can't sell something you don't own (apart from the several exceptions outlined in laymans terms on the page at netlawman.co.uk). This doesn't mean that you can't accept payment for goods that you don't own. Failure to supply is possibly a breach of contract and not fraud unless mis-representation occurred. The actual sale only occurs when both halves of the sale contract are satisfied. The purchaser has paid or otherwise satisfied the requirement of the vendor, and the vendor has supplied the goods (or services) promised with good title: i.e. at the time of supply the vendor had ownership of or acted in good faith for the goods owner.

:getmecoat:

murphyv310 4th January 2018 12:57

Hi All.
I have been watching this thread on the quiet and after the fiasco on the last one I thought I'd keep back. I have though decided to add my comments as I think some may be unaware of how business runs.
I'm not here to slag anyone off but perhaps make some useful suggestions.

When I ran my TV & Radio business I had many accounts, to name a few CPC, RS, HBL, Samsung, B&O Hitachi, Sony etc.
You would order the parts, full finished goods and all sorts, and having an account you would get free credit up to 54 days with some suppliers, in the main it was 28 days. Between the time you received the items and paid your monthly accounts the "Ownership of the goods" belonged to the supplier. Now this is normal practice, everyone from small business to BT, Virgin works this way, in fact the big boys often don't pay on time by a long chalk and cause headaches for small suppliers.

Sean has admitted about the issues in Germany, totally out of his control and he can't be blamed for that.
In my mind two things are an issue.
1, It seems Sean you have issues with communication not only in replies but any problems really should be intimated on your website. Also it should be clearly stated that items are in stock or not and an ETA notified.

2, Rather than taking full payment for an item out of stock you should be taking a deposit, you wont have paid for the item from the supplier I hope and I would suggest that if you do it should only be a small percentage until you have the item and checked it off for full fulfilment and damage. If all well and good then pay your supplier.

Both parities need to have a good relationship, I dislike companies that demand payment upfront without the goods, if the business is not sufficiently buoyant to absorb costs between orders and delivery then I'd be worrying about that and I am talking about suppliers not end customers.

Personally if it was myself I'd not advertise anything till I had it in my shop to sell, that way you keep your customers, you don't get a bad name and you are not trying to appease people everyday. The recent threads about problems can be easily fixed by improving communications, have a decent back up service in the UK, honouring warranties and not selling items you don't have, keep the website up to date and any issues put your hands up and be open with people, guaranteed anyone that does this will do well and have good feedback.
Good luck Sean I do hope you take on board what has been said.

mystabe 4th January 2018 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2580367)
I'd also add to the ownership & sales discussion. When do you think a sale actually occurs? It's not on receipt of payment - it's on supply of goods (or services - and services don't exist until they are performed). Acceptance of payment is usually part of entering into a contract to supply. And that's a whole other kettle of fish. My point being that it's not illegal to offer to supply goods you don't own and take payment before you have ownership. In a sense bl52krz is correct: you can't sell something you don't own (apart from the several exceptions outlined in laymans terms on the page at netlawman.co.uk). This doesn't mean that you can't accept payment for goods that you don't own. Failure to supply is possibly a breach of contract and not fraud unless mis-representation occurred. The actual sale only occurs when both halves of the sale contract are satisfied. The purchaser has paid or otherwise satisfied the requirement of the vendor, and the vendor has supplied the goods (or services) promised with good title: i.e. at the time of supply the vendor had ownership of or acted in good faith for the goods owner.

Exactly this - obviously you can't sell something that isn't yours to sell (which is where the confusion is possibly occurring here) but offering for sale something that isn't actually isn't in your possession/ownership is a different matter - subject obviously to the conditions in Avulon's post.

You only ever notice it's happening when things go wrong but I guarantee pretty much every one of us has bought things that aren't actually in the sellers possession via the internet, it's how a lot of e-commerce works and why it's often cheaper than buying things from a shop. People love cheap no matter how much they protest otherwise :shrug:

mystabe 4th January 2018 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2580376)
Hi All.
I have been watching this thread on the quiet and after the fiasco on the last one I thought I'd keep back. I have though decided to add my comments as I think some may be unaware of how business runs.
I'm not here to slag anyone off but perhaps make some useful suggestions.

When I ran my TV & Radio business I had many accounts, to name a few CPC, RS, HBL, Samsung, B&O Hitachi, Sony etc.
You would order the parts, full finished goods and all sorts, and having an account you would get free credit up to 54 days with some suppliers, in the main it was 28 days. Between the time you received the items and paid your monthly accounts the "Ownership of the goods" belonged to the supplier. Now this is normal practice, everyone from small business to BT, Virgin works this way, in fact the big boys often don't pay on time by a long chalk and cause headaches for small suppliers.

Sean has admitted about the issues in Germany, totally out of his control and he can't be blamed for that.
In my mind two things are an issue.
1, It seems Sean you have issues with communication not only in replies but any problems really should be intimated on your website. Also it should be clearly stated that items are in stock or not and an ETA notified.

2, Rather than taking full payment for an item out of stock you should be taking a deposit, you wont have paid for the item from the supplier I hope and I would suggest that if you do it should only be a small percentage until you have the item and checked it off for full fulfilment and damage. If all well and good then pay your supplier.

Both parities need to have a good relationship, I dislike companies that demand payment upfront without the goods, if the business is not sufficiently buoyant to absorb costs between orders and delivery then I'd be worrying about that and I am talking about suppliers not end customers.

Personally if it was myself I'd not advertise anything till I had it in my shop to sell, that way you keep your customers, you don't get a bad name and you are not trying to appease people everyday. The recent threads about problems can be easily fixed by improving communications, have a decent back up service in the UK, honouring warranties and not selling items you don't have, keep the website up to date and any issues put your hands up and be open with people, guaranteed anyone that does this will do well and have good feedback.
Good luck Sean I do hope you take on board what has been said.

Sean's actual basic problem is the product, people paying £400 for a car stereo expect at least some basic spares backup when they go wrong but because it's China, once something is a year old (if that) then they probably stopped making it a year ago and have no interest in people wanting to fix problems because they just make new ones. That's very frustrating (speaking from experience) but it's not Sean's fault.

You can buy a 7" Chinese Android tablet for what £30? (and they must be making some profit on that as well) having looked inside a Navall or two they are cheap and nasty and I really struggle to see £350 in it above the £30 tablet part and to be honest the head units Dallas finds for < £100 seem a much more realistic price for what they are.

murphyv310 4th January 2018 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystabe (Post 2580383)
You can buy a 7" Chinese Android tablet for what £30? (and they must be making some profit on that as well) having looked inside a Navall or two they are cheap and nasty and I really struggle to see £350 in it above the £30 tablet part and to be honest the head units Dallas finds for < £100 seem a much more realistic price for what they are.

I think we realise that profit margins are really good on Chinese Head units and no doubt Sean will make a decent living.
I do think that the snag is as you have said, the Chinese have abysmal back up for discontinued models, why do you think so many TV and Radio service repair shops have gone....... it the old story..... I told you so. Try to get service info on a Chinese LCD/LED TV or any spare parts.
One reason that after 1 day after the guarantee is out many outlets refuse service. The snag is if you buy a unit from a non UK seller you are basically stuffed, buy it here then you have protection with SOGA https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54
This also explains about ownership of goods as well.
So its really up to the buyer, after a year and a £400 unit could be unrepairable.

Also look here as well... http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ntents/enacted

Ennine 4th January 2018 14:03

I also do not wish to get too involved in this, Sean falls down badly on his comms, he is unlike any other trader I have known and certainly unlike any others on this forum. It is not unreasonable for customers to expect replies within 24hrs. It's either a business or a hobby, no half measures. I had issues with Sean last year and spent a lot of time going back over all his posts (not just on this site) back to 2010. I have pages and pages of contradictions, excuses and side steps. I read these threads with interest and have no wish to trawl up my issues with the man but it is really about time he was told to toe the line or trade off-site. Lastly, I emailed DHL regarding the Germany issue and their response to the situation there was very different to Sean's account.
I've no more to say on the matter.

Nige

murphyv310 4th January 2018 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennine (Post 2580395)
I emailed DHL regarding the Germany issue and their response to the situation there was very different to Sean's account.
I've no more to say on the matter.
Nige

Interesting Nige :eek:

Jamiewelch 4th January 2018 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2580390)
I think we realise that profit margins are really good on Chinese Head units and no doubt Sean will make a decent living.
I do think that the snag is as you have said, the Chinese have abysmal back up for discontinued models, why do you think so many TV and Radio service repair shops have gone....... it the old story..... I told you so. Try to get service info on a Chinese LCD/LED TV or any spare parts.
One reason that after 1 day after the guarantee is out many outlets refuse service. The snag is if you buy a unit from a non UK seller you are basically stuffed, buy it here then you have protection with SOGA https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54
So its really up to the buyer, after a year and a £400 unit could be unrepairable.

Sean is a non uk seller :shrug:, he lives in Canada? He's definitely not based in the UK himself

Mike Trident 4th January 2018 15:02

Does anyone actually email him direct as apposed to leaving a message on here?

I emailed him last night and got a reply within the hour. In fact every time I have sent him an email, he has got straight back to me.

mystabe 4th January 2018 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2580390)

I'm not interested in bashing Sean or his profit margin but I do think however that until fairly recently people thought they were buying a product worthy of £400 and also believed that buying from someone they 'know' meant they had some kind of avenue to go down if it breaks. They aren't and just because of the nature of the things and where they are made you actually don't. Spare parts for the model before last even (and new ones seem to appear every couple of months) just don't exist.

I know lots of people are happy with theirs but I honestly wouldn't ever recommend anyone spending over about £150 on one now :shrug:

coab 4th January 2018 15:24

I just bought a unit from ebay for my Focus. It was £170 and a perfect fit. Sat nav voice is quiet on max level and the radio reception can jump. Been onto the seller and they have given me a few things to try. Because I have purchased it through ebay and Paypal if this fix does not work i will return the unit via ebay.
These units are by in large cheap nasty units and no way would I buy one away from a site like ebay after reading all the faults and problems on here over the last few years.
No real comeback is there to be honest that can sort it quickly.

murphyv310 4th January 2018 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2580405)
Sean is a non uk seller :shrug:, he lives in Canada? He's definitely not based in the UK himself

Absolutely Jamie.
This is of course where some of the problems can rear their heads.
You have little safety when buying from a seller outwith the EU, any issues and you have to keep praying it will be resolved. Since Jeff has a new career I do believe there is support from another person/business but is it well known or am I wrong?
I firmly believe there is an opening for a UK based company to do this but bear in mind it is like my trade dying, there are less and less cars of the type you can fit these head units to around. All car manufacturers have their own designs of headunits now and they get upgrades on every face lift they do, the after-market stuff is dying due to the umpteen variations needed now and older cars reducing in numbers.

murphyv310 4th January 2018 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by coab (Post 2580422)
I just bought a unit from ebay for my Focus. It was £170 and a perfect fit. Sat nav voice is quiet on max level and the radio reception can jump. Been onto the seller and they have given me a few things to try. Because I have purchased it through ebay and Paypal if this fix does not work i will return the unit via ebay.
These units are by in large cheap nasty units and no way would I buy one away from a site like ebay after reading all the faults and problems on here over the last few years.
No real comeback is there to be honest that can sort it quickly.

Agreed.
The thing is too folk don't understand the word repair. When I was employed in the "trade" I fixed countless Ford & Vauxhall car stereos, parts were easy as were manuals. In my 5 years in Sony again no issues with parts and service info. Today its dreadful, no doubt by our obsession with cheapness. We can do it here and 100 times better than any Chinese manufacturer. We give the back up and will supply parts and service for at least 7 years after a model is out of production.

I still have new parts for 60 and 70 year old radios and believe it or not It is easier to find bit for a 1960 Murphy TV than a 2 year old car headunit. Tells a tale doesn't it :eek:

7T5 5th January 2018 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2580443)
Agreed.
The thing is too folk don't understand the word repair. When I was employed in the "trade" I fixed countless Ford & Vauxhall car stereos, parts were easy as were manuals. In my 5 years in Sony again no issues with parts and service info. Today its dreadful, no doubt by our obsession with cheapness. We can do it here and 100 times better than any Chinese manufacturer. We give the back up and will supply parts and service for at least 7 years after a model is out of production.

I still have new parts for 60 and 70 year old radios and believe it or not It is easier to find bit for a 1960 Murphy TV than a 2 year old car headunit. Tells a tale doesn't it :eek:

A chap in Fife still fixes old car radios. Mate is getting his one sorted from his SD3 as soon as he can get it to him. I love getting stuff fixed, sick of this throw away culture now.

murphyv310 5th January 2018 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7T5 (Post 2580616)
A chap in Fife still fixes old car radios. Mate is getting his one sorted from his SD3 as soon as he can get it to him. I love getting stuff fixed, sick of this throw away culture now.

Norman Raeburn from Leven. He is a very good friend of mine. Like Norman I'll look at older stuff as at least you have half a chance of repairing the item whereas the modern stuff has no service info or readily available parts. It's all board replacement now and no component level repairs that the likes of myself and Norman were trained to do, we diagnosed faults, a child can swap swap boards!!!

7T5 5th January 2018 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2580622)
Norman Raeburn from Leven. He is a very good friend of mine. Like Norman I'll look at older stuff as at least you have half a chance of repairing the item whereas the modern stuff has no service info or readily available parts. It's all board replacement now and no component level repairs that the likes of myself and Norman were trained to do, we diagnosed faults, a child can swap swap boards!!!

I'm sure that's the chap. My mate works for a dealership and they got him to fix something before. He mentioned an issued with the tape deck in his SD3 and Norman knew what the fault would be straight away.

murphyv310 5th January 2018 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7T5 (Post 2580633)
I'm sure that's the chap. My mate works for a dealership and they got him to fix something before. He mentioned an issued with the tape deck in his SD3 and Norman knew what the fault would be straight away.

Hi.
Norman is a good bloke, one of the very few left doing any repairs in the trade, he is having a clearout and I'll be taking a couple of 50's Console 405 line TV's off him after Anne and myself are fixed sometime in the summertime.
Why not point some here with older sets to him, he still has a proper functional workshop unlike myself with my shed, although well enough equipped it is only a hobby now since I closed my own service department in 2006.
I would doubt he would be interested in the Chinese sets, like myself he has had so many problems with obtaining spares and info. The other place that did work again a good friend Bob Baird in Sorn Ayrshire is also closed, the main reason is Bob is his wife's carer who had a stroke and is now registered blind. It was also a good going business but latterly there was little work, Bob though was very much a man who would be insistent with importers who had no back up with spares and info, often though it was like hitting your head off a brick wall.

Bogbrush82 11th January 2018 18:53

Bump.

Has anybody heard anything else about this? Did anybody ever get the parts that they ordered? Only asking because my MG7 lights still haven't arrived yet.

gazcaz 11th January 2018 19:10

Where is he i have emailed him with issues with my unit playing up and nothing not happy !!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Walter 11th January 2018 20:08

Pioneer better option .

From when first joined this club looked at these Chinese sets but opted for well known brand at same costs, still don't know why Canadian/Chinese ever was popular onsite :shrug:

Ravinder 12th January 2018 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2580622)

I think I’ve heard of him. Leven is only 15-20 min from me so If you need anything collected etc let me know. Id be happy to help.

wullie480 13th January 2018 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2582706)
Where is he i have emailed him with issues with my unit playing up and nothing not happy !!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Maybe ask the mods to help?

jubbarelly 13th January 2018 15:40

Im UK based, UK based Stock with UK based warranty repair when required and fitting available, yet I still find it very hard to compete...

I dont understand why, just dont get it.

I answer emails, messenger, texts and PMs pretty much straight away, even help those that have gone else where when they get stuck!

I put alot of money, time and effort into androidice so its easy for people to use with what I think are excellent prices, but folk STILL go to outside UK based sellers, it does my head in lol, just dont get it!

Jub

Les4048 13th January 2018 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2583370)
Im UK based, UK based Stock with UK based warranty repair when required and fitting available, yet I still find it very hard to compete...

I answer emails, messenger, texts and PMs pretty much straight away, even help those that have gone else where when they get stuck!

I put alot of money, time and effort into androidice so its easy for people to use with what I think are excellent prices, but folk STILL go to outside UK based sellers, it does my head in lol, just dont get it!

Jub

Same in my trade Jubbs, I’d a customer last year asking for a Filter for his Kubota Tractor on a Saturday afternoon, we’re open seven days a week to offer a service to farmers harvesting. I went to get the filter off the shelf told him the price but he objected because I was £2 more expensive than buying on line. Taking into consideration we spend thousands of pounds on computers, courses for our technicians, heat and light etc but none of it matters to this kind of people. Needless to say the filter was returned to the shelf and he was told to go buy it online, at my time of life I’ve no time for these smartass people trying to be clever saying they can get to cheaper elsewhere

jubbarelly 13th January 2018 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2583399)
Same in my trade Jubbs, I’d a customer last year asking for a Filter for his Kubota Tractor on a Saturday afternoon, we’re open seven days a week to offer a service to farmers harvesting. I went to get the filter off the shelf told him the price but he objected because I was £2 more expensive than buying on line. Taking into consideration we spend thousands of pounds on computers, courses for our technicians, heat and light etc but none of it matters to this kind of people. Needless to say the filter was returned to the shelf and he was told to go buy it online, at my time of life I’ve no time for these smartass people trying to be clever saying they can get to cheaper elsewhere

Nor me mate.

I have folk PM me saying its cheaper on ebay... Well yes it probably is but you wont get the same level of service from that seller on ebay if you get stuck or need help at 10pm at night and you want an answer quickly...

Does my head in!

I answer anyone from 6am till 11pm some nights, offering advise on how to install a stereo or get stuck or if they have a query on something that isnt working correctly.

Jub

Vanbursta 13th January 2018 18:27

Well if Sean has stopped trading then I feel ripped off, I bought new maps from him a couple of weeks ago and I can't get them to work, in desperation I contacted Basarasoft who asked me to confirm where I purchased the maps from, they told me the maps were pirated, now I am NOT a happy chappie.

There may of course of been some mistake but as I can't get a hold of Sean I can't find out what. I have emailed him several times and sent PMs, and nothing - not even a "I'm busy at the moment - get back to you soon"

I feel bad over twenty quid, I dread to think how people who have spent hundreds feel, its not a very good way to conduct business, but then maybe the well has dried up and he's moved on (I Hope not).

mgzrjake 13th January 2018 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanbursta (Post 2583463)
Well if Sean has stopped trading then I feel ripped off, I bought new maps from him a couple of weeks ago and I can't get them to work, in desperation I contacted Basarasoft who asked me to confirm where I purchased the maps from, they told me the maps were pirated, now I am NOT a happy chappie.

There may of course of been some mistake but as I can't get a hold of Sean I can't find out what. I have emailed him several times and sent PMs, and nothing - not even a "I'm busy at the moment - get back to you soon"

I feel bad over twenty quid, I dread to think how people who have spent hundreds feel, its not a very good way to conduct business, but then maybe the well has dried up and he's moved on (I Hope not).

OH-dear not again this chap really dose need his NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- kicked

Dallas 13th January 2018 22:13

I've kept out of these types of posts for sometime now, but more and more keep popping up everyday.

I have nothing against Radioguy, I just dont like seeing this sort of behaviour in business/retail.

Communication is the key to a successful business, a simply reply is all that is needed.

I must be careful in what I say though, otherwise Jeff with jump on my post as have already.

However, I'm always calm and professional in my manner, never rude or personal... :shrug: well! not yet anyway.

coolcat 13th January 2018 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2583601)
I've kept out of these types of posts for sometime now, but more and more keep popping up everyday.

I have nothing against Radioguy, I just dont like seeing this sort of behaviour in business/retail.

Communication is the key to a successful business, a simply reply is all that is needed.

I must be careful in what I say though, otherwise Jeff with jump on my post as have already.

However, I'm always calm and professional in my manner, never rude or personal... :shrug:

Of course you are Wes, never posting in a manner to bait anyone and professional through and through :bowdown:

To others who are trying to get hold of Sean.
I would suggest dropping him a message via his Facebook page as well as emailing him.
I will email him as well as I don’t believe he has been on the forum for whatever reason for a few weeks .

Reebs 13th January 2018 22:24

I too have just emailed him to chat about this situation.

lets give him the time to read and respond, and not get into cat fights causing me to close any more threads ;)

Dallas 13th January 2018 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2583603)
Of course you are Wes, never posting in a manner to bait anyone and professional through and through :bowdown:

I would suggest dropping him a message via his Facebook page as well as emailing him.
I will email him as well as I don’t believe he has been on the forum for whatever reason for a few weeks .

I sure am Jeff, I've never made personal remarks to you or Sean, just the certain aspects of the trading operation and how customers/members are being hung-out to dry.

I've taken one too many insults from you Jeff, and I've let each one pass me by. You blow up quite easily and exaggerate the situation some. I've also seen you do the same to others, its not at all pretty, and does paint a slightly different picture of your goodself.

marinabrian 13th January 2018 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2583603)

Jeff, I fully understand with your change of career direction, you no longer have any business connection with Sean.

However you above all others must surely have means of contacting him directly, and ask him to put up a post on here to address his customers concerns?

Just a thought.

Brian :D

coolcat 13th January 2018 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2583612)
I sure am Jeff, I've never made personal remarks to you or Sean, just the certain aspects of the trading operation and how customers/members are being hung-out to dry.

I've taken one too many insults from you Jeff, and I've let each one pass me by. You blow up quite easily and exaggerate the situation some. I've also seen you do the same to others, its not at all pretty, and does paint a slightly different picture of your goodself.

As have I from you as well, hey ho though, I’m so glad you have the measure of me !

Seriously though, I couldn’t give a flying fig what you think of me as I’m sure you don’t care what I think of you.

Reebs has asked that Sean issue a response to resolve the issues and that’s all what is important to those trying to get hold of him so I think it’s time that our disagreements stay out of this thread.

coolcat 13th January 2018 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2583613)
Jeff, I fully understand with your change of career direction, you no longer have any business connection with Sean.

However you above all others must surely have means of contacting him directly, and ask him to put up a post on hear to address his customers concerns?

Just a thought.

Evening Brian,

As previously posted, I have sent Sean an email to say that there are customers trying desperately to get hold of him.

Fingers crossed this will all get resolved quickly for everyone .

marinabrian 13th January 2018 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2583620)
Evening Brian,

As previously posted, I have sent Sean an email to say that there are customers trying desperately to get hold of him.

Fingers crossed this will all get resolved quickly for everyone .

Evening Jeff, hopefully it will do the trick ;)

And thanks for doing that :bowdown:

Canonite 13th January 2018 22:56

To quote his website and one of his ‘unique selling points’ :

“The bitterness of poor service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

murphyv310 14th January 2018 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 2583683)
I believe he is trying desperately to resolve the lost order(s) and is keeping out of it until completed. Steve.

That isn't the way to work. People have the right to know what is happening even if the vendor is trying to resolve orders. His communication is dreadful, even back in 2012 when I got my first 75 the used CE unit that was in the boot had multiple faults and I never got one e-mail I sent replied, so this is an ongoing issue. To be fair I didn't know about Jeff in the first few months and no doubt if I did the issues would have been resolved.

I will say this though I have already received a lot of flak from my comments on a previous thread about the same issues, I then made up my mind to leave this club, I have though decided no I'm not but if I get further tirades I'll just report it.... simple as that.

I don't understand why people are not using Jub for the Androice units, he's in the UK and has a decent set up and can deal with issues without having to pull out your hair or try and message on FB that not all use and many like me despise. If Sean had a phone number, OK maybe costly to call but nonetheless available perhaps it would help assuming he ever answered it.

You may ask with my background (HNC Electronics & C&G Radio & TV Technicians) why I didn't repair my own CE unit, well in time I did but all I wanted from Sean was some advice and possibly a copy of the service manual, from what I gleaned later was that these don't exist, so my gut feeling is they are sold and once the guarantee is out then you are on your own, even while in guarantee there can be issues and this is why I believe that buying abroad is a waste of time. By from a UK seller and you will be protected by law, hence why I mentioned Jub.

Oh and there is another tale of woe in the ICE forum.

Lastly no inference on Coolcat, he has done sterling work considering all the odds. Now he's out of it we can see how the whole thing is falling apart.

Canonite 14th January 2018 09:40

Ive had issues with each one of the Navall units ive bought, the best performing unit was the original WinCE unit, and even that had its flaws.
Ive spent a fair amount with Sean over the years, and I remember the disappointment of waiting for firmware updates to correct bugs that never arrived. Wrong camera and wiring being sent, then having to wait weeks for the correct bits to arrive via slow boat from China.

Its a shame to see it like this, but people like Jubbs offer a far more complete service, with better products and aftersales, and more importantly you’d be helping the business of a fellow enthusiast who actually owns these cars and attends meets etc

Arctic 14th January 2018 09:41

Hi Trevor.
Part of your post is why I have never purchased from Radioguy, I have in the past asked several questions on the forum and by PM about can i order an item from you (Radioguy) then pay in full once you have it in your stock answer was NO i need a deposit, therefore he is using my money to purchase the item then add is price on top, that was my take on things, and as you say no phone number? how can anyone run a business without a phone number it does not make sense, i think that is all i want to say as i know how this thread will end up.

Closed or banned people maybe both.

tantallon 14th January 2018 10:03

This whole scenario beggars belief .The seller is a trader ,sanctioned by the management committee of this club to trade on this forum .Therefore giving their approval of the sellers integrity to sell .Numerous paid up members of said club very unhappy with the current proceedings .The question I must ask is .If this is a club .Where is the constitution . What steps are being taken by the management committee in this matter .In accepting the sellers credentials to trade .They are vouching for his suitability and method of trading .Not only should they have the interests of the paying traders but also the interests of the paying members who also contribute financially and may wish to continue to pay subscriptions should they wish to .

Ennine 14th January 2018 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantallon (Post 2583731)
This whole scenario beggars belief .The seller is a trader ,sanctioned by the management committee of this club to trade on this forum .Therefore giving their approval of the sellers integrity to sell .Numerous paid up members of said club very unhappy with the current proceedings .The question I must ask is .If this is a club .Where is the constitution . What steps are being taken by the management committee in this matter .In accepting the sellers credentials to trade .They are vouching for his suitability and method of trading .Not only should they have the interests of the paying traders but also the interests of the paying members who also contribute financially and may wish to continue to pay subscriptions should they wish to .

Perfect

Nige

Daveluck 14th January 2018 10:33

Quote:

This is one of the reasons why I don't pay subs. These issues have been ongoing since i joined and as far as I can see no action has been taken. :shrug:

tantallon 14th January 2018 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveluck (Post 2583741)
This is one of the reasons why I don't pay subs. These issues have been ongoing since i joined and as far as I can see no action has been taken. :shrug:

Very sad to hear that

Ennine 14th January 2018 11:50

Quote:

The other reasons being ? and no, that is not meant in a derogatory sense. The choice to pay or not pay subs is up to the member.

Nige

sworks 14th January 2018 16:47

Quote:

Don’t think for a moment that there aren’t discussions going on in the background. The team can’t get involved in individual cases unless asked but we do notice when a few issues arise on the open forum at the same time

sworks 14th January 2018 17:01

I have removed your last comment Howard as I feel it has nothing to do with this thread. May I suggest you pm Pete and he wil endeavour to answer your club related question

gazcaz 14th January 2018 18:07

Email him i did he replied within half an hour ,trying to sort my Naval out...

7T5 16th January 2018 08:16

Quote:

I won't be renewing mine when the time comes either.

Promised them my Wednesday this week, now maybe the end of the week. Complete and utter joke. I cannot put down how angry i am as i would get banned.

Yella Fella 16th January 2018 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2583975)
Don’t think for a moment that there aren’t discussions going on in the background. The team can’t get involved in individual cases unless asked but we do notice when a few issues arise on the open forum at the same time

Mark, to be fair, this is a poor stance from the management. You guys should be all over this long term problem. Nothing is being done because you have not been asked? :shrug:.

This is gone way beyond individual cases. THIS IS NOW A CLUB PROBLEM. Club members need protection against poor traders and it looks like management are supporting traders in favour of members as management are noticeably quite on this whole subject.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of members here.;I'm asking the management to make a statement on what they are doing about repeated poor service from Radioguy.

murphyv310 16th January 2018 10:09

Hi.
Well TBH, these issues were on the go in 2012 when I joined the club, they have in the past year or more increased considerably and the last couple of months they are out of hand.
I have made it clear on other threads what I feel about the lack of comms, quality of the units and total lack of service info and spare parts. I am not on a witch hunt but as my job, qualifications and business was purely involved with this type of work for nearly 40 years and is still my hobby, also at one time an owner of a DD unit. So please mods this has to be addressed, not in a week or a month but now. Navall and all the ad's have to be pulled, you cannot condone poor comms, service, taking monies without goods etc, it is not helping the club at all and it will pull its reputation down.
Taking posts off is also making people think it's one sided all for the rogue trader. So please listen to the members and remember no members no club!!

Canonite 16th January 2018 10:44

Can’t help but think that even after all these years, and the numerous complaints from members, that Traders seem to be afforded a certain level of protection.
Deleting posts as above is one example.
When I was struggling to get items sent out while my daughter was in hospital, there was a witch hunt and a lot of bad mouthing from people who knew nothing.

Pay a Trader subscription however and it would appear that you are allowed to continue trading and taking peoples money in good faith without actually having the goods in stock to start with...im sure that practice in itself is in contravention to the UK Sale Of Goods Act.

Hey ho...

Jamiewelch 16th January 2018 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonite (Post 2584723)
Can’t help but think that even after all these years, and the numerous complaints from members, that Traders seem to be afforded a certain level of protection.
Deleting posts as above is one example.
When I was struggling to get items sent out while my daughter was in hospital, there was a witch hunt and a lot of bad mouthing from people who knew nothing.

Pay a Trader subscription however and it would appear that you are allowed to continue trading and taking peoples money in good faith without actually having the goods in stock to start with...im sure that practice in itself is in contravention to the UK Sale Of Goods Act.

Hey ho...

Yeah you are correct, as long as the money keeps rolling in when they pay their trader fees they seem to get away with what they want. Well, I only really know of 1 trader that has had many many bad comments :shrug:

Radioguy should be contacted by the site owner and made to answer for what has been going on, this should be allowed to continue.

Dallas 16th January 2018 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2584711)
Hi.
Well TBH, these issues were on the go in 2012 when I joined the club, they have in the past year or more increased considerably and the last couple of months they are out of hand.
I have made it clear on other threads what I feel about the lack of comms, quality of the units and total lack of service info and spare parts. I am not on a witch hunt but as my job, qualifications and business was purely involved with this type of work for nearly 40 years and is still my hobby, also at one time an owner of a DD unit. So please mods this has to be addressed, not in a week or a month but now. Navall and all the ad's have to be pulled, you cannot condone poor comms, service, taking monies without goods etc, it is not helping the club at all and it will pull its reputation down.
Taking posts off is also making people think it's one sided all for the rogue trader. So please listen to the members and remember no members no club!!

Well said Trev, This has nothing to do with a witch hunt, its all about knowing right from wrong. Members should not have to support these types of failings from a certain individual, this type of behaviour does effect everyone e.g the club and all its members.

Each one of us will have his/her occupation where their profession will often filter though into threads/discussion, these situations have been used many times before to give help and advice to others.

These recent threads should be no different, they certainly don't effect just one person, they effect the club and its surroundings, its inevitable. :shrug: The continued failings of that one person will effect everyone, its wrong to hide/stop or try and control the situation just for the benefit of one certain individual. :shrug:

sworks 16th January 2018 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 2584699)
Mark, to be fair, this is a poor stance from the management. You guys should be all over this long term problem. Nothing is being done because you have not been asked? :shrug:.

This is gone way beyond individual cases. THIS IS NOW A CLUB PROBLEM. Club members need protection against poor traders and it looks like management are supporting traders in favour of members as management are noticeably quite on this whole subject.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of members here.;I'm asking the management to make a statement on what they are doing about repeated poor service from Radioguy.

Firstly Glenn, I’m a moderator not management. My role is it try and make sure rules are adhered to that are made by the management. I do have the option to mediate between a seller and buyer if there’s a problem I’m aware of or a member asks me too but we do look for bigger issues and this is one of them. I totally agree that there is an issue here and it has been spoken about over the past few days behind the scenes. Paul has been talking to Sean with a view to sorting this, it’s not being ignored just because the conversation hasn’t been made public and it certainly doesn’t mean nothing is being done.

7T5 17th January 2018 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2584909)
Firstly Glenn, I’m a moderator not management. My role is it try and make sure rules are adhered to that are made by the management. I do have the option to mediate between a seller and buyer if there’s a problem I’m aware of or a member asks me too but we do look for bigger issues and this is one of them. I totally agree that there is an issue here and it has been spoken about over the past few days behind the scenes. Paul has been talking to Sean with a view to sorting this, it’s not being ignored just because the conversation hasn’t been made public and it certainly doesn’t mean nothing is being done.

This is the big problem. We, the customer, are not updated with what is happening. I feel the club brushes these things under the carpet, if you let us know what you are doing behind the scenes then it helps people understand that you are doing something. Same goes for radioguy. He takes to long to reply, and never keeps the customer updated. I have had to chase him up, and and told different things all the time. Left feeling very unimpressed with the whole situation.

Yella Fella 17th January 2018 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2584909)

Thanks for the reply Mark. To the members, its the same, moderators and management "appear" to be doing nothing. Its already been highlighted that members since 2012 remember issues with the trader. Here we are in 2018 going over the same problem.

Ill not be purchasing anything else for the trader, party due to his service to others and partly because the club support him and keep the members in the dark. So contact has been made with the trader. At what point will the members be advised of the outcome?

Reebs 17th January 2018 08:44

When we have something to report.

7T5 17th January 2018 09:00

Why not now? Why not let folk know what is going on? The whole point to me in dealing with traders on here is that you feel safe, that you are not going to be left high and dry. Which is what i feel has happened to me.

Daveluck 17th January 2018 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7T5 (Post 2585014)
Why not now? Why not let folk know what is going on? The whole point to me in dealing with traders on here is that you feel safe, that you are not going to be left high and dry. Which is what i feel has happened to me.

So the points you raise are valid, however Reebs has told you what is going on. Someone is talking to Sean and once they have a response they'll let everyone know.

Not sure they can do much more other than giving a blow by blow account which frankly wouldn't really be fair.

So let's wait and see...

sworks 17th January 2018 09:18

There have been some issue with time scales for a while Glenn and they usually get sorted. In my opinion there are two options as I see it ( at the moment ). The first is to try and sort this out with the best outcome for the members out of pocket awaiting parts or help. The second is to just remove the trader as a trader. If we took this route would the trader leave and leave people out of pocket before sorting out the issues? Hopefully not but who knows. The club took the first option with a view to resolving the issue. As posted previously Paul is trying to sort this behind the scenes and has been for a few days. As you can imagine it’s not a five minute fix but it is trying to be resolved. I don’t know what else I can say until there are more answers, which there aren’t at this point.

Vossy 17th January 2018 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2585017)
There have been some issue with time scales for a while Glenn and they usually get sorted. In my opinion there are two options as I see it ( at the moment ). The first is to try and sort this out with the best outcome for the members out of pocket awaiting parts or help. The second is to just remove the trader as a trader. If we took this route would the trader leave and leave people out of pocket before sorting out the issues? Hopefully not but who knows. The club took the first option with a view to resolving the issue. As posted previously Paul is trying to sort this behind the scenes and has been for a few days. As you can imagine it’s not a five minute fix but it is trying to be resolved. I don’t know what else I can say until there are more answers, which there aren’t at this point.

I have read all of these posts and others regarding Radioguy, I have no axe to grind as I have not purchased anything from him. I can understand a trader offering goods for sale before he actually obtains them as long as there is an excellent chance of the trader obtaining the goods for the customer, however, looking at the bigger picture the delays running into months waiting for goods after payment is unacceptable, no doubt Radioguy trades across many forums all over the globe and if it were all gathered together I would guess there are a huge number of people most unhappy. He clearly cannot fulfill the orders.

Although he is a trader on here and pays the dues, the club cannot guarantee any member will be out of pocket whether or not he is a trader, all the club can do is bar him from trading on here and advise members to either open a PayPal dispute or speak with their card issuers, to wait months for something you have paid for is bordering on ridiculous and for the trader to keep offering excuses to avoid returning any money is just very bad practice.

As I have said I do not have an axe to grind but there are so many negative threads about Radioguy that this just seems to go on and on with no intervention from the club itself, although the club relies on trader subscriptions the club also relies on members and their subscriptions, the members are the larger part of the club and I feel that the members should be listened to above all.

There may be things going on in the background but this doesn't help anyone, the club can only threaten Radioguy with a trader ban but I honestly do not think this will affect him or give any sway to the clubs concern for it's members, look at how many car and ICE forums there are across the globe.

I know there are members happy with Radioguys products but a lot of them are now posting with faults on the equipment and there is no aftercare to speak of.

jubbarelly is a trader also dealing with ICE, I do not know him but reading about him and his products he can offer the backup and is in this country, I have not purchased anything from him either but if I was in the market for this equipment I know where I would be buying, I only mention this trader because I cannot find any negative threads about him.

Maybe open a poll to the members on Radioguys continued trader status on this club and promise to abide by the result.

RPWC 17th January 2018 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2585037)
I have read all of these posts and others regarding Radioguy, I have no axe to grind as I have not purchased anything from him. I can understand a trader offering goods for sale before he actually obtains them as long as there is an excellent chance of the trader obtaining the goods for the customer, however, looking at the bigger picture the delays running into months waiting for goods after payment is unacceptable, no doubt Radioguy trades across many forums all over the globe and if it were all gathered together I would guess there are a huge number of people most unhappy. He clearly cannot fulfill the orders.

Although he is a trader on here and pays the dues, the club cannot guarantee any member will be out of pocket whether or not he is a trader, all the club can do is bar him from trading on here and advise members to either open a PayPal dispute or speak with their card issuers, to wait months for something you have paid for is bordering on ridiculous and for the trader to keep offering excuses to avoid returning any money is just very bad practice.

As I have said I do not have an axe to grind but there are so many negative threads about Radioguy that this just seems to go on and on with no intervention from the club itself, although the club relies on trader subscriptions the club also relies on members and their subscriptions, the members are the larger part of the club and I feel that the members should be listened to above all.

There may be things going on in the background but this doesn't help anyone, the club can only threaten Radioguy with a trader ban but I honestly do not think this will affect him or give any sway to the clubs concern for it's members, look at how many car and ICE forums there are across the globe.

I know there are members happy with Radioguys products but a lot of them are now posting with faults on the equipment and there is no aftercare to speak of.

jubbarelly is a trader also dealing with ICE, I do not know him but reading about him and his products he can offer the backup and is in this country, I have not purchased anything from him either but if I was in the market for this equipment I know where I would be buying, I only mention this trader because I cannot find any negative threads about him.

Maybe open a poll to the members on Radioguys continued trader status on this club and promise to abide by the result.

I think its best left to the management to try and sort the problem. They have said they are trying to get it sorted, but I think starting a poll to decide if Sean stays or goes as a trader, is a bit lynch mob esque. I agree though that being kept waiting for months, for goods or service is unacceptable. In the end he may decide to stop trading on here anyway , due to the amount of hassle. I have only dealt with Sean once, and the service I received was fine, had a problem with the camera and Sean replaced it for me under warranty. That was in about 2013.

murphyv310 17th January 2018 15:31

Hi.
I did suggest that "Radioguy's/Navall" advertising logo should be suspended until the issues were addressed. The reason being that new members could well land up in the same situation unknowingly, plus also older members that may not read the various forums.

murphyv310 17th January 2018 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2585127)
I think its best left to the management to try and sort the problem. They have said they are trying to get it sorted, but I think starting a poll to decide if Sean stays or goes as a trader, is a bit lynch mob esque. I agree though that being kept waiting for months, for goods or service is unacceptable. In the end he may decide to stop trading on here anyway , due to the amount of hassle. I have only dealt with Sean once, and the service I received was fine, had a problem with the camera and Sean replaced it for me under warranty. That was in about 2013.

Hi Richard.
I'm against a poll and a lynch party whole heartedly, that is childish behaviour and it achieves nothing.
Also saying you have good service does nothing for those with duff radios and failure to supply goods that have been paid for, you have to look at the downside and the numerous issues.

On a personal note why Oh why was the network of installers and engineers to repair these sets scrapped? I know and it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

RPWC 17th January 2018 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2585139)
Hi Richard.
I'm against a poll and a lynch party whole heartedly, that is childish behaviour and it achieves nothing.
Also saying you have good service does nothing for those with duff radios and failure to supply goods that have been paid for, you have to look at the downside and the numerous issues.

On a personal note why Oh why was the network of installers and engineers to repair these sets scrapped? I know and it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

I agree Trev, I never had one of the radios, just a reversing camera. Im guessing why,so people will just junk the unit and have to buy a new one.

murphyv310 17th January 2018 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2585142)
I agree Trev, I never had one of the radios, just a reversing camera. Im guessing why,so people will just junk the unit and have to buy a new one.

Yes Richard, playing into today's throw away society is certainly a factor.
The other is that I have been told there is virtually no spares especially for discontinued models, so a service network would never work.
The other thing of course is who pays the engineers to repair these items under warranty, these things were always factored in when I was in the trade.

Vossy 17th January 2018 16:03

I see only one winner here regardless of the clubs admin.

A poll would not be a witch hunt, but it would give the people involved both good and bad to voice an opinion, it is after all a members forum.
I am on the fence here as I am not affected by any loss of money or lack of aftercare.

murphyv310 17th January 2018 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2585157)
I see only one winner here regardless of the clubs admin.

A poll would not be a witch hunt, but it would give the people involved both good and bad to voice an opinion, it is after all a members forum.
I am on the fence here as I am not affected by any loss of money or lack of aftercare.

Well It's really up to the moderators to say if it is useful or not.
I personally don't but who knows.

Canonite 17th January 2018 16:10

My diesel has a reverse camera in it, which took ages to actually develop and make a mount to get it to fit safely without causing damage to the car and number plate light assembly.
The Navall unit I had became so unreliable I pulled it out and got rid of it.
So disappointed, especially given the hassles I had actually fitting it thanks to zero instructions, wrong camera and wrong wiring, and having to drill holes and cut the light assembly just so it was a clean (as can be) install and an overall questionable sound quality.
No firmware updates, no spares as now discontinued.

Sean offered to trade me up to a newer model, but the DVB-T, Dashcam and Reverse cam id bought with the bundle deal are not backward compatible with newer models so id have to replace EVERYTHING. Which meant stripping out my car again and chopping wires again, then doing a complete fresh install. ???!!!
‘Naughty Word’ that for a game of marbles!

7T5 19th January 2018 07:34

I have never dealt with someone so full of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- as this guy. Promised Wednesday, Then more than likely today. When i chase, yes me no information is ever given from him without chasing he says he will refund me. No chance pal, you have had my money since October i want what i have paid for. Now late next week. I give up :mad::mad::mad::mad::duh::duh::duh:

pletevl 19th January 2018 10:38

I think we can safely say that Sean's time here is over. I will never buy from him again and will have second thoughts about buying from other traders on here and other forums.
Thank you Sean Moore from Canada.

coab 19th January 2018 10:42

I dont like the way you pay inadvance for a unit then for you to wait a few months to receive it. Your basically paying for his stock.
A sensible way to sort this is to ship a load over to the UK and have an agent. Im sure these units are bought wholesale at very cheap prices to pay someone as an agent. Joe blogs buys one and if its a duff one he sends it to said agent and he tests and swaps it for a new one job done no if or buts just the way it should be. Old units sent back to China for manufacturer to repair or replace for the original stock buyer i.e Sean.
I believe we have a chap on here who is UK based and thats how it should be done. It then takes away the weeks of communication when all you want is a working wireless....sorry radio.;)

pletevl 19th January 2018 10:45

That is how it was done, and it worked very well, he used coolcat, who has now moved over to other things and it's all gone downhill ever since

mystabe 19th January 2018 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by coab (Post 2585843)
I dont like the way you pay inadvance for a unit then for you to wait a few months to receive it. Your basically paying for his stock.
A sensible way to sort this is to ship a load over to the UK and have an agent. Im sure these units are bought wholesale at very cheap prices to pay someone as an agent. Joe blogs buys one and if its a duff one he sends it to said agent and he tests and swaps it for a new one job done no if or buts just the way it should be. Old units sent back to China for manufacturer to repair or replace for the original stock buyer i.e Sean.
I believe we have a chap on here who is UK based and thats how it should be done. It then takes away the weeks of communication when all you want is a working wireless....sorry radio.;)

It's not quite that simple though really is it, despite the price these aren't quality things and as they get 'updated' every month or so what you paid £400 for a year ago is junk a year later if it breaks as they aren't really designed to be repaired. I suspect the Chinese manufacturers would be very uninterested in someone returning faulty equipment for a refund or replacement, they are all about selling not customer service. That's probably Sean's problem really.

I'm not defending him, he's chosen to sell these things but I am glad that the problems have been highlighted, I was one of the first people to complain properly about how rubbish they are and at first I just got lots of people saying how happy they are with theirs (and I'm sure lots of people still are) £400 is £400 though and no matter how much money you have no one likes spending that only to find out you've spent it on junk.

VVC-Geeza 19th January 2018 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2583370)

Jub

It's beyond me people haven't given this chap a proper go.He's UK based AND a forum member.He will certainly be my choice if/when I upgrade.

pletevl 19th January 2018 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2585866)
It's beyond me people haven't given this chap a proper go.He's UK based AND a forum member.He will certainly be my choice if/when I upgrade.

It's probably a lot to do with the "word of mouth" situation, let's face it, Sean HAD a really good name, he would bend over backwards to help people out and people spoke about it and his business must have been booming.

Ennine 19th January 2018 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletevl (Post 2585884)
It's probably a lot to do with the "word of mouth" situation, let's face it, Sean HAD a really good name, he would bend over backwards to help people out and people spoke about it and his business must have been booming.

I'm afraid sean dropping off the grid is nothing new. lots of excuses but always managed to talk his way out of it.Over the past couple of years I have been amazed over and over again how many disgruntled customers have posted that Sean just has not replied. Of course Sean would eventually show up (tipped the wink by Jeff I suspect) and it would all go away only to rear its head again some time later. I afarid that Sean's failing is not the gear or the delays it's not bothering to reply to people, not bothering to be honest and always coming up with reasons it's not his fault and not keeping people in the loop. Sometimes as a trader you have to be prepared to be out of pocket a little for the odd customer, this show of good will can do nothing but good for any business, particularly one with good profit margins. Sean cost me a lot of money but more than that, I felt betrayed by his chummy attitude that turned out to be nothing but BS. The only pity about the current situation is that his behaviour should have been dealt with a long time ago, meaning many of those now affected would have been spared.

Nige

pletevl 19th January 2018 14:29

Luckily I'm "only" about £25 out of pocket.

Pete.

murphyv310 19th January 2018 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2585866)

I'd agree.
The thing is though that selling cannot be taken lightly and i'm not inferring Jub is doing this lightly.
The snag with electronics especially today is simply the lack of service info and spares, so when an item is sold and outwith the 28 day return period and it fails then its often the retailer that fits the bill, certainly initially if a unit has to be returned to the manufacturer in China. The bigger issue comes once the manufacturers warranty runs out. Under the Sale of Goods Act you can claim under its rules a fault up to 6 years, in this instance it's the retailer who looses as the manufacturer will have washed his hands by then.
If Jub has a decent back up, an engineer and spares, then he will do well and get good reports, without the backup then I'm not so sure.
I sold TV's in my business and even by 2004 some manufacturers were poor with parts and one such customer complained and went to trading standards about a 3 year old TV, I could not source a replacement transformer and had to buy a new set out of my pocket and replace the customers set. That ended my sales..... no more afterwards, its the retailer who suffers not the manufacturer.

Ennine 19th January 2018 14:47

If Jubb had been going when I bought my Nav I would most certainly considered him. Going alone on what I have read here about the guy since he's been trading, he's certainly available and quick to respond, which has to be a good sign. I am not for one moment getting into who's better than who. For me, it's a case of hindsight but at the time there was little alternative. If Jubbs gives the support and service then he is certainly more deserving to do well. I was in business long anough to know the highs and lows of customer service, it's not easy but if you do the very best you can then at least you can sleep a little easier

Nige

topman 19th January 2018 15:07

Quick question, for those that have been waiting for a long time for their head units, have you considered claiming the money back and then going elsewhere?

I've not bought one of these new radios from anyone. just curious.

SCP440 19th January 2018 15:51

These non repairable electronics is nothing new. I have a TV in my garage that 1 week out of warranty the screen went blank and nobody was even interested in looking at it. One guy just said bin it and get a new one :eek:

If the TV was £150 I would agree with him but it was over £700 and was from a reputable manufacturer from a high street retailer.

We want lots of features on our in car units so I suppose we either pay a lot more money or put up with the fact they are made in China and are unlikely to last more than a few years.

Even OEM units suffer with this poor reliability problems so don't think I is unique to us.

Dallas 19th January 2018 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2585928)
These non repairable electronics is nothing new. I have a TV in my garage that 1 week out of warranty the screen went blank and nobody was even interested in looking at it. One guy just said bin it and get a new one :eek:

If the TV was £150 I would agree with him but it was over £700 and was from a reputable manufacturer from a high street retailer.

We want lots of features on our in car units so I suppose we either pay a lot more money or put up with the fact they are made in China and are unlikely to last more than a few years.

Even OEM units suffer with this poor reliability problems so don't think I is unique to us.

Ref: TV.
All you need to do is contact the retailer and quote the 6 year warranty rule, being a reputable manufacturer from a high street retailer you shouldn't have a problem, you have legal rights for up to 6 years. :}

Les4048 19th January 2018 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2585933)
All you need to do is contact the retailer and quote the 6 year warranty rule, being a reputable manufacturer from a high street retailer you shouldn't have a problem, you have legal rights for up to 6 years. :}

Absolutely correct but only five in Scotland I believe. Everyone spending money on extended warranties are wasting their money. You’ll need to keep the receipt though

topman 19th January 2018 17:18

Anyone had any luck claiming a repair with this 7 year rule?

ceedy 19th January 2018 17:25

Fairly Sure there isn't any European law that says goods must work for at least six years, or that you have a right to repair, refund or replacement during this period , but EU law does say everything must have at least 2 yrs.

Another thing we may lose with brexit :D:D

But the 6 years does apply under a law known as the Statutes of Limitations which seems to cover the consumer rights act and the sale of goods act where the consumer has to prove that any problem was down to a fault or issue at the manufacturer, as opposed to wear and tear or misuse.
These constaints are whether you can prove any fault is inherant rather than down to wear and tear or misuse . ;)

C

bendrick 19th January 2018 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2585928)

Richer sounds give a 6 year guarantee for 10% of the purchase price.

clf 19th January 2018 17:30

Quote:

it is neither a 6 year (5 in Scotland) warranty nor a rule, and it does not apply to all goods. Be wary of this. I do not know (nor claim to know) the ins and outs of it, but it is based on the consumer rights act. However in saying that, there is some EU directive that states all consumer goods purchased via an EU retailer must have a 2 year warranty. I am not sure how this works, but when working in retail, we were told (around 2012) that if the customer mentioned it, or insisted on a warranty claim, that we could send it off for investigation and possible repair. Since it was not a law but more of a guide, it could be a grey area in the UK. Remember too, replacement is not a right, the retailer has rights also, especially after a period of time (used to have people demand replacements after 10 months of obviously heavy use of a pocket camera. Scratched and sticky!:eek: lol)

The term to use though and to quote when initially making a complaint is expected reasonable life of a product. (In the instance of the TV, I seem to recall reading something like 4 years was deemed to be reasonable, whereas a fridge was 6. But do not quote me, though, as there were quite a number of consumer goods listed). Other factors were incorporated in calculating these things (and were along with the times, to be taken as a guide only), like fashion and technological advancement , eg mobile 'phones.

The drawback about all of this though, is that if the fault initially appears after 6 months, it is the onus of the consumer to prove that it is down to a manufacturing defect. If it appeared before 6 months, and was repaired, then that can be used as proof that it is a manufacturing defect and the retailer will be responsible for up to the reasonably expected life of the item.

For the TV THIS LINK may be of use.

I am not sure any of these rules, regulations, laws and rights will have any relevance to Radioguy's products. Perhaps I am wrong, but since he is based in Canada, and the products come via Hong Kong, the rights are unlikely to apply in full. But then, I am sure vat will not apply on the product, but import duty, and vat on that may be applicable. There may also be another tax payable too if the goods can be sourced in the home country too.

murphyv310 19th January 2018 17:35

Quote:

Correct Wes.
As an old TV Engineer and also having my own business for some years I can confirm this. There has been some changes in the the last couple of years.
I will say this though. Unfortunately it is the retailer that has to collect the tab not the manufacturer which is totally wrong. Often these TV sets and yes ICE as well are poorly designed, also fitted with cheap and poor quality Chinese components, EG Electrolytic capacitors fail and cause other problems, it is then down to the retailer to effect a fix with no manufacturers support or payment for engineers time or parts. In effect the retailer is doing a free repair and the maker gets off scot free for a rubbish product.

murphyv310 19th January 2018 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2585962)
it is neither a 6 year (5 in Scotland) warranty nor a rule, and it does not apply to all goods. Be wary of this. I do not know (nor claim to know) the ins and outs of it, but it is based on the consumer rights act. However in saying that, there is some EU directive that states all consumer goods purchased via an EU retailer must have a 2 year warranty. I am not sure how this works, but when working in retail, we were told (around 2012) that if the customer mentioned it, or insisted on a warranty claim, that we could send it off for investigation and possible repair. Since it was not a law but more of a guide, it could be a grey area in the UK. Remember too, replacement is not a right, the retailer has rights also, especially after a period of time (used to have people demand replacements after 10 months of obviously heavy use of a pocket camera. Scratched and sticky!:eek: lol)

The term to use though and to quote when initially making a complaint is expected reasonable life of a product. (In the instance of the TV, I seem to recall reading something like 4 years was deemed to be reasonable, whereas a fridge was 6. But do not quote me, though, as there were quite a number of consumer goods listed). Other factors were incorporated in calculating these things (and were along with the times, to be taken as a guide only), like fashion and technological advancement , eg mobile 'phones.

The drawback about all of this though, is that if the fault initially appears after 6 months, it is the onus of the consumer to prove that it is down to a manufacturing defect. If it appeared before 6 months, and was repaired, then that can be used as proof that it is a manufacturing defect and the retailer will be responsible for up to the reasonably expected life of the item.

For the TV THIS LINK may be of use.

I am not sure any of these rules, regulations, laws and rights will have any relevance to Radioguy's products. Perhaps I am wrong, but since he is based in Canada, and the products come via Hong Kong, the rights are unlikely to apply in full. But then, I am sure vat will not apply on the product, but import duty, and vat on that may be applicable. There may also be another tax payable too if the goods can be sourced in the home country too.

It's all in the SOGA (Sale of goods act) the 6 and 5 year rule applies (certainly with what we called "Brown goods"), as a retailer it should be known to staff and suitable training should be done so staff know how to work with it.
Buying outwith the EU and you have very little comeback, if the foreign retailer is decent then perhaps you'll get help.

Don't forget the rules "were" that a manufacturer was obliged to supply spares for a minimum of 7 years............... Buy from China, then you out on a limb as they don't

Rogue 19th January 2018 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bendrick (Post 2585960)
Richer sounds give a 6 year guarantee for 10% of the purchase price.

Not quite correct... Richer sounds give a six year guarantee for free on pretty much all of their Tv's. The 10% guarantee is on equipment that does not qualify for a free guarantee and even then if you have not claimed on the guarantee in the six years you can take your certificate back and get a full refund there and then so if you have no problems it costs you nothing.

Dallas 19th January 2018 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2585958)
anyone had any luck claiming a repair with this 7 year rule?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2585959)
fairly sure there isn't any european law that says goods must work for at least six years, or that you have a right to repair, refund or replacement during this period , but eu law does say everything must have at least 2 yrs.

Another thing we may lose with brexit :d:d

but the 6 years does apply under a law known as the statutes of limitations which seems to cover the consumer rights act and the sale of goods act where the consumer has to prove that any problem was down to a fault or issue at the manufacturer, as opposed to wear and tear or misuse.
These constaints are whether you can prove any fault is inherant rather than down to wear and tear or misuse . ;)

C

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2585962)
it is neither a 6 year (5 in scotland) warranty nor a rule, and it does not apply to all goods. Be wary of this. I do not know (nor claim to know) the ins and outs of it, but it is based on the consumer rights act. However in saying that, there is some eu directive that states all consumer goods purchased via an eu retailer must have a 2 year warranty. I am not sure how this works, but when working in retail, we were told (around 2012) that if the customer mentioned it, or insisted on a warranty claim, that we could send it off for investigation and possible repair. Since it was not a law but more of a guide, it could be a grey area in the uk. Remember too, replacement is not a right, the retailer has rights also, especially after a period of time (used to have people demand replacements after 10 months of obviously heavy use of a pocket camera. Scratched and sticky!:eek: Lol)

the term to use though and to quote when initially making a complaint is expected reasonable life of a product. (in the instance of the tv, i seem to recall reading something like 4 years was deemed to be reasonable, whereas a fridge was 6. But do not quote me, though, as there were quite a number of consumer goods listed). Other factors were incorporated in calculating these things (and were along with the times, to be taken as a guide only), like fashion and technological advancement , eg mobile 'phones.

For the tv this link may be of use.

I am not sure any of these rules, regulations, laws and rights will have any relevance to radioguy's products. Perhaps i am wrong, but since he is based in canada, and the products come via hong kong, the rights are unlikely to apply in full. But then, i am sure vat will not apply on the product, but import duty, and vat on that may be applicable. There may also be another tax payable too if the goods can be sourced in the home country too.

I have worked in retail long enough to know what I'm doing, Ref: TV advice given etc. I'm certainly not going to get in another debate over the rules and regulations surrounding retail.

Us retail managers are also customers, we too are real people who also experience the same problems as you customers do (I know its hard to believe sometimes, but we do). :D
Joking aside, I have used the 6 year warranty right on two occasions, once on a electric cooker which was 10 months out of warranty, and once on a flat screen TV which was 23 months out of warranty. I received a full refund on both claims, both settled in less than 14 days.

Ref: Radioguy, Faulty goods, or goods not received.
I would advise members to contact their bank, credit/debit card provider. Your bank and card provider will offer different schemes where Chargebacks and claiming under section 75 have different guidelines, so its always best to make contact with them and ask first. Its all very straight forward, can be time consuming, but it will be worth it in the end.

There we go, I've kept it nice and short for everyone, plus it doesn't have to be complicated as some like to make out. :}

clf 19th January 2018 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2585969)
It's all in the SOGA (Sale of goods act) the 6 and 5 year rule applies (certainly with what we called "Brown goods"), as a retailer it should be known to staff and suitable training should be done so staff know how to work with it.
Buying outwith the EU and you have very little comeback, if the foreign retailer is decent then perhaps you'll get help.

Don't forget the rules "were" that a manufacturer was obliged to supply spares for a minimum of 7 years............... Buy from China, then you out on a limb as they don't

There may be differences here and in Scotland (England maybe) . maybe it was just the way I was 'trained' by the retailer to avoid paying out. The sale of goods act did not give rights to repair or replacement under certain conditions (outside manufacturer guarantee). It gave the consumer the right to complain and claim for a partial refund if the goods have been proven by the consumer to not be suitable for a reasonable expected lifetime. The last bit is important (and in my view actually relevant to this thread and the double din stereo) .

would it be reasonable to expect a £150 celcus 42 inch TV to last as long as a £1500 Sony 42 inch one? In saying that, a TV is a TV and should be expected to last for said reasonable amount of time. Thing is taking a retailer to court to be compensated for the time not received on a £150 TV would not be worth it (although if you win, you would receive costs paid) for both parties. However it is more likely to go in your favour with a 1500 one. That is your right as I was taught by my employer (who of course may have been biased) . but you will only have the right to claim for the remainder of this reasonably expected time period.

I know it changed due to the EU directive (not a law) , around 2010-2012 time, regarding consumer rights and warranties. I cannot find anything in the sale of goods online about the 6 year 'warranty'. (from a reliable source - it is all tabloid sites - with the daily mail one rather funny in its misleading headlines).

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

mgzrjake 19th January 2018 18:58

Re all posts

This really has been a very good thread and all posts are positive and to a wide varied point, sadly the point is he’s not that fussed as we are yet to see a positive reply from the man, who’s sitting at home feet up with everybody’s money, possibly on a large malt whiskey as well.

Ps can anyone send me a tenner and I’ll see you right in April :D

topman 19th January 2018 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2585982)
Joking aside, I have used the 6 year warranty right on two occasions, once on a electric cooker which was 10 months out of warranty, and once on a flat screen TV which was 23 months out of warranty. I received a full refund on both claims, both settled in less than 14 days.

I know it's off topic but did you have any problems getting a refund? :}

clf 19th January 2018 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2585982)
I have worked in retail long enough to know what I'm doing, Ref: TV advice given etc. I'm certainly not going to get in another debate over the rules and regulations surrounding retail.

Us retail managers are also customers, we too are real people who also experience the same problems as you customers do (I know its hard to believe sometimes, but we do). :D

The point I was trying to get across, (badly I happily admit) was the importance of the term reasonable expected time (for the goods purchased) and to hint at a relevance with the double dins too, ie they will not be expected to last 6 years. Expected life of a delicate electronic piece of equipment will not be the same as a static piece of equipment that does not move to one that is subject to large differences in temperature and humidity etc.

You were lucky to get full refunds for both of those items, you are not entitled to that here. Only entitled to claim for a partial refund for the remainder of the expected reasonable life if proven to be a manufacturing defect. But it is not worth the negative publicity to a retailer (or etailer ;) ) or cost to fight it though.

Dallas 19th January 2018 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2586007)
I know it's off topic but did you have any problems getting a refund? :}

It will depend on the retailer's 'Out of Warranty' claim procedure, the large retailers will have their own warranty claims team which does make the whole procedure very straightforward. Some retailers will even appoint their own engineer, or a contracted engineer to inspect the product at you home address at no cost to you. You also have the option to appoint your own independent engineer to have the fault diagnosed, the retailer will reimburse you these costs once the fault has been diagnosed.

Both times we used the retailers appointed engineer, and both times the faults were diagnosed on the spot at our home. The electric cooker suffered a blown element which further damaged other internal components, I already knew this as I could see parts of the swollen blown split element poking through the rear of the cooker.

The TV suffered a failed backlight inverter board, which is meant to be a common fault with modern flat screen TV's (the TV had no picture, but had sound). Once the retailer received the engineers report and a decision was made, we were then offered a replacement or refund. We were never offered a repair, the cooker was diagnosed as dangerous by the engineer, and the TV was uneconomical to repair. I hope that helps. :}

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2586011)
The point I was trying to get across, (badly I happily admit) was the importance of the term reasonable expected time (for the goods purchased) and to hint at a relevance with the double dins too, ie they will not be expected to last 6 years. Expected life of a delicate electronic piece of equipment will not be the same as a static piece of equipment that does not move to one that is subject to large differences in temperature and humidity etc.

You were lucky to get full refunds for both of those items, you are not entitled to that here. Only entitled to claim for a partial refund for the remainder of the expected reasonable life if proven to be a manufacturing defect. But it is not worth the negative publicity to a retailer (or etailer ;) ) or cost to fight it though.

Hi Alan, I'm not sure what you are suggesting, but I think you may have misunderstood.
I've only made reference to the 6 year rule regarding member SCP440 TV problem, not about car stereo's. Read Post~132 :shrug:

Thanks. :}

murphyv310 19th January 2018 21:10

The simple fact is that our electronics industry and the Radio & TV manufacturers would never in the world trade like the Chinese. We gave technical training to engineers, had a proper spares network, service manuals and a guarantee of parts for 7 years plus. Even the Japs had to reorganise how they traded to get into the British market.
All we want now is cheap cheap cheap, so you get what you pay for.
in 1967 a Bush CTV25 colour set was the same price as a Mini 850, so who would pay £14000 on a telly now?

I'm happy to post up all my certificates and company training info.

Best_of_British 19th January 2018 22:16

148 posts 1 reply from Sean that appears to be lies and and a few from Reebs not to write him off yet. Please keep on topic as my posts are being deleted on other treads. Reebs please moderate and rstore our faith in trusted trader.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ennine 19th January 2018 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best_of_British (Post 2586097)
148 posts 1 reply from Sean that appears to be lies and and a few from Reebs not to write him off yet. Please keep on topic as my posts are being deleted on other treads. Reebs please moderate and rstore our faith in trusted trader.

Sorry, you're quite correct. This is how the true issue gets blurred. I have deleted my off topic post. I think there is only one.

Nige

Best_of_British 19th January 2018 22:24

Nige you are an enthusiast, no apology needed. Just answers and comunication, silence is ominous. Moderators should moderate but deleting valid point on other thread is heavy censorship and pro trader while kicking members out of pocket in the teeth. If I am out of order please answer questions and I will wind my neck in.