The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Breakdown (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=257962)

wullie480 5th December 2016 09:56

Breakdown

Went away for some Xmas shopping yesterday & on the return home at 70mph in outside lane of M77 car had power failure no warning just clean cut out.
Got into hard shoulder and onto verge & had a scary wait for breakdown recovery standing up the verge in -1.

Back shift today so I've a few hours to see what's up with it I'm thinking fuel pump so off to check.

Walter 5th December 2016 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 2411471)
Went away for some Xmas shopping yesterday & on the return home at 70mph in outside lane of M77 car had power failure no warning just clean cut out.
Got into hard shoulder and onto verge & had a scary wait for breakdown recovery standing up the verge in -1.

Back shift today so I've a few hours to see what's up with it I'm thinking fuel pump so off to check.

Have spare 2nd hand itp and under bonnet pump if you want loan till you get yours sorted ?

Mickyboy 5th December 2016 14:06

My first port of call would be UBP did the interior lights come on and the hazard lights get triggered ?? Normally when that happens it also comes up on the message centre with the fuel cut-off, seen a couple of times
Hope that's of some help to you
Mick

CLINTE 5th December 2016 14:13

I am no expert but it could be the crankshaft sensor

Clinte

FlashHarry 5th December 2016 14:27

Similar thing happened to me on a hilly bendy section of the A5 in Wales. It was the under bonnet fuel pump, only 13 months old. Now replaced with a Bosch pump. In tank pump was/is fine.

Ravinder 5th December 2016 15:13

Perhaps, a T4 will tell you? :shrug:

mbev51 5th December 2016 15:49

Do it once, replace both pumps with original equipment. I have done both of mine twice now, I learned the hard way!

Nobby 5th December 2016 17:57

I too have had this hairy experience twice in the outside lane on the M6 with both inner lanes full and no where to go. No warning lights, engine just died. Restarted with some difficulty after a while on the hard shoulder. Turned out to be a failing injector. Might be worth doing a simple leak test

murphyv310 5th December 2016 20:10

Hi Wullie.
Hope you get it sorted OK. Your more than welcome to borrow the PC if you get stuck.

wullie480 5th December 2016 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter (Post 2411478)
Have spare 2nd hand itp and under bonnet pump if you want loan till you get yours sorted ?

Thanks bud have a spare set from my old zt so I'll go about fitting them tomorrow both were dead when tested this morning well under bonnet spluttered for a few secs before stopping,
I managed to get the in tank pump out before leaving for work so an early start tomorrow should see it back up & running.

FBH next on the list me thinks.