The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New clutch. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303150)

jackatesme 26th February 2020 10:58

New clutch.

Finally got my clutch done after more than a few attempts at bleeding,then took it in for M.O.T. pass with 1 advisory.

Odd Job 26th February 2020 12:15

That's brilliant!

Is your car petrol of diesel?
Just asking ref the clutch, as I need one in mine and think this might become the straw that brakes the camels back for me.

jackatesme 26th February 2020 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2795564)
That's brilliant!

Is your car petrol of diesel?
Just asking ref the clutch, as I need one in mine and think this might become the straw that brakes the camels back for me.

Diesel,£300 for 3 parts from DMGRS and £120 for local fitter to do the job.

Odd Job 26th February 2020 12:34

That's a very good price!

The quote's I've been getting are around the 1k mark!
Have you had your flywheel replaced as well?

Sorry, just seen you said 3 parts. So no DMF. Is that right?

trikey 26th February 2020 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2795568)

That will be the non dmf price.

FLYING BANANA 26th February 2020 13:34

Congratulations on the pass.

Ched 26th February 2020 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2795568)

Richard, pm me and I'll give you the number of a chap in Burton on Trent that will do it at a VERY good price. :D

bloomster2 26th February 2020 17:11

I am having clutch problems too, bite point on my CDTI has always been very low since I got the car, but the last few days i have been struggling to get the pedal down far enough to select first or reverse when first setting off, it seems to get better when the car has warmed up.
This morning I had the situation where the pedal didnt come back up very far when I lifted my foot, I could lift the pedal slightly with my toe, then it sprang all the way back up with a clunk, later in the journey the pedal was coming back up normally,

I'm based in Telford, Shropshire, is there anyone near here that is recommended, or would the chap in Burton on Trent be my best bet?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ched 26th February 2020 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloomster2 (Post 2795632)
I am having clutch problems too, bite point on my CDTI has always been very low since I got the car, but the last few days i have been struggling to get the pedal down far enough to select first or reverse when first setting off, it seems to get better when the car has warmed up.
This morning I had the situation where the pedal didnt come back up very far when I lifted my foot, I could lift the pedal slightly with my toe, then it sprang all the way back up with a clunk, later in the journey the pedal was coming back up normally,

I'm based in Telford, Shropshire, is there anyone near here that is recommended, or would the chap in Burton on Trent be my best bet?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Go see Terry at TS Autos in Stourbridge.

bloomster2 26th February 2020 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2795635)
Go see Terry at TS Autos in Stourbridge.

Hi Thanks,

would anyone have an address or phone number for Terry, google doesnt seem to find him, just TS Autos in Nottingham.

Thanks