The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Key transponder (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296426)

penfest 7th June 2019 14:22

Key transponder

I have received a new key case from "" keys in the post " it is really good quality. But I am having a problem getting the transponder out of the old case, is there a easy way to do this.
I am worried that too much force will damage it. Thanks Marinabrian for the link to the key company.

vitesse 7th June 2019 15:10

Don't bother, I've done dozens of these keyfobs and retained the back containing the transponder and just replaced the front half.

Regards

trikey 7th June 2019 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2738988)
Don't bother, I've done dozens of these keyfobs and retained the back containing the transponder and just replaced the front half.

Regards

Yep, I do the same, a lot of the aftermarket cases don’t grip the chip very well at all.

Terryf 8th June 2019 08:51

When I replaced mine with one off Amazon I realised there are some what appear to be very small magnets under the transponder. The replacement didn't have anything but the transponder seemed to stick ok. The replacement also came with two replacement switches.
Terry :}

marinabrian 8th June 2019 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terryf (Post 2739162)
When I replaced mine with one off Amazon I realised there are some what appear to be very small magnets under the transponder. The replacement didn't have anything but the transponder seemed to stick ok. The replacement also came with two replacement switches.
Terry :}

There are no magnets Terry, the standard housing has twko clips to secure the transponder, what you were seen is remnant of the moulding on the rear case.

Anyone using a cheap case, can stick the transponder in with BluTac ;)

Brian :D

markypicks 8th June 2019 18:09

í did the same use the new front and the old back rgds mark

marinabrian 8th June 2019 20:07

The problem with using an original Valeo key back on an aftermarket case front is they tend not to clip together properly.

A tip for removing the transponder easily is to immerse the key back in boiling water for a minute, then the transponder can be prised out with a small flat blade screwdriver without any problem.

Brian :D

Dorchester2 9th June 2019 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2738988)
Regards

Same trick for me. It works fine.

SIB01 10th June 2019 00:00

I removed mine by CAREFULLY cutting around the plastic holding it with a very sharp knife and gently prising it out. I was going to just stick the old back on the new key but thought if it didn't seal properly it may cause issues (water, muck, etc)