The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If it’s not one thing................ (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292966)

FLYING BANANA 15th February 2019 16:05

If it’s not one thing................

.................................... it’s another.

Banana is still off of the road, waiting on the cam sensor delivery.

Redfive has a paddling pool in the interior but only on the drivers side but more to the rear. No idea where it is coming in as the boot is dry. Plenums are clear, no sunroof fitted.
Ok not end of the world but on the way home this afternoon I notice that any speed over 69.9mph the steering wheel was vibrating. Providing I kept at about 50 it stopped until I braked then the vibration was back.

Nursed the car home and as I reversed in there was clouds of smoke coming off the o/s/f wheel. The disc was glowing so I assume the calliper has jammed on. Did think about setting light to the car but with all the water in I doubted it would burn.

Spoke to Matt Darke who talked me out of setting it alight. Bless him. Will run it up to Matt’s next week to get the brakes and the soggy carpet sorted out. That’s what I love about this club, that help is on the other end of the phone.

(( I remember Ian saying that he had both the rear callipers sticking on in the past )).

Rev Jules 15th February 2019 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2711575)

Redfive has a paddling pool in the interior but only on the drivers side but more to the rear. No idea where it is coming in as the boot is dry. Plenums are clear, no sunroof fitted.
Ok not end of the world but on the way home this afternoon I notice that any speed over 69.9mph the steering wheel was vibrating. Providing I kept at about 50 it stopped until I braked then the vibration was back.

Nursed the car home and as I reversed in there was clouds of smoke coming off the o/s/f wheel. The disc was glowing so I assume the calliper has jammed on. Did think about setting light to the car but with all the water in I doubted it would burn.

Spoke to Matt Darke who talked me out of setting it alight. Bless him. Will run it up to Matt’s next week to get the brakes and the soggy carpet sorted out. That’s what I love about this club, that help is on the other end of the phone.

(( I remember Ian saying that he had both the rear callipers sticking on in the past )).

I know just how you feel just wish people were near me to sort out some of mine, these cars are sent to try our patience.
Bob good luck with your two.

Rev

Ian G 15th February 2019 16:30

Quote:

Only on one side on the rear Bob (N/S I think) and that was replaced with new by ATS at Attleborough, probably covered some 10s of 1000s miles since then I suspect.
Only issue I ever had with water ingress was via the side body trims when I first got the car.
Cheers

markypicks 15th February 2019 16:35

as rev says all cars not just the rover75 are all sent to try us, what else would you spend your money on ? keep the the faith and keep that chin up ! get them both sorted and do em proud rgds mark

FLYING BANANA 15th February 2019 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by markypicks (Post 2711581)
as rev says all cars not just the rover75 are all sent to try us, what else would you spend your money on ? keep the the faith and keep that chin up ! get them both sorted and do em proud rgds mark

They will both get sorted out. I still have the V8 to fall back on.

steveo 15th February 2019 16:43

Rear light seal

Quote:

Hi Bob
More than likely rear light seal
The water runs down the strengthening folds In the boot floor pan and under the back seat to the foot well area
I've had a very similar issue and the water doesn't enter the spare wheel well
Worth a look
Steve

FLYING BANANA 15th February 2019 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo (Post 2711584)
Hi Ian
The water runs down the strengthening folds In the boot floor pan and under the back seat to the foot well area
Worth a look
Steve

In that case the boot carpet would be wet, and mine is not. Rear light seals were replaced at the same time as Banana’s.

Ian G 15th February 2019 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo (Post 2711584)
Hi Ian
Worth a look
Steve

It's Bobs car not mine anymore mate:D:D

Ian G 15th February 2019 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2711592)
In that case the boot carpet would be wet, and mine is not. Rear light seals were replaced at the same time as Banana’s.

Yes as Bob says both light seals were replaced at the same time with the modified type,.
I've known water to gather in the plenums and actualy run into a car via the bonnet release especialy if the centre drain is blocked, try putting the wheels up on the curb one side at a time Bob and then checking the plenums.
Cheers

Sonic ZS 15th February 2019 18:09

With a bit of luck Bob, the caliper sticking could well be just a seized slider, rather than the actual piston. If so, they can be a bit tight to shift, but once apart a clean up and some coppaslip will have it working smoothly again at no cost ;)

If it is that, it's worth doing the others as well, as they may well jam so better to catch them before they do. And a bit of preventative maintenance is always a good thing.

Regarding the leak, could it be the plastic drip shields behind the door cards ? If one has come only slightly adrift somewhere, it can allow water to get in.