The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Will a (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302552)

Ched 1st February 2020 14:05

Will a

Anyone know if a front bumper will fit in a saloon and still be able to use the front passenger seat please?

Tia.

Mike Trident 1st February 2020 14:13

Simple answer is no

clf 1st February 2020 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2790335)
Anyone know if a front bumper will fit in a saloon and still be able to use the front passenger seat please?

Tia.

It will, and when I did it no. The passenger seat was folded back as far as it would go to allow me to still see out the side window. Probably be able to squeeze into one of the rear seats though. Bring something to clean the inside of the bumper and to protect the roof lining from it. You may be able to succeed if you have it hanging out of the boot, and tie the lid down.

If being used as a replacement, and the old one is of no use, you could prep the bumper for removal by loosening off the bolts and screws, then upon arrival swap them out. With the old one, take it to a recycling depot on the way home? (although removal of old indicators (remove fogs before leaving) and any grilles you want may require power tools to complete quickly.

Mike Trident 1st February 2020 14:17

Reading that again, yes it will go in a saloon, not if you are wanting to use the front seat.

A passenger, could possibly sit behind you though.

Ched 1st February 2020 14:18

Darn it, thanks guys, I’ll have to rethink this one then, good call on doing a bumper swap tho.

Ched 1st February 2020 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Trident (Post 2790339)
Reading that again, yes it will go in a saloon, not if you are wanting to use the front seat.

A passenger, could possibly sit behind you though.

Somehow I don’t think my missus will be very impressed being crammed in the back with a bumper from Scunthorpe to Romsey. :D

trikey 1st February 2020 20:45

Yes it will and you can still use the front seat...

Lower both rear windows, thread the bumper in one window then out of the other one, put the windows up just enough to hold the bumper in place and away you go.

The bumper doesn't even exceed the width of the car so all is good, done it a few times :D

clf 1st February 2020 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2790429)

Lower both rear windows, thread the bumper in one window then out of the other one, put the windows up just enough to hold the bumper in place and away you go.

The bumper doesn't even exceed the width of the car so all is good, done it a few times :D

I had a relatively fair distance to travel with mine, a lot of motorway too. I didnt fancy trying that. Ched has to travel even further (5 times as much as me lol).

But in you saying that, reminds me of a woman, a taxi driver no less too (!) picking up some 78" lourve doors from me (in my old job) and loading them into her Peugeot 406 saloon out the rear windows. I did suggest she fold down the seats (and offered to help). I refused to help her put them into the rear windows though. So she slid them in, and wound up the windows to wedge them, didnt secure them in any other way, and off she went!

Ched 1st February 2020 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2790429)

Thanks for that Andy, looks like that’s how it’s gonna come home then. 😂

trikey 1st February 2020 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2790457)
Thanks for that Andy, looks like that’s how it’s gonna come home then. ��

Just don't go above 60 :D