The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pulling the plug on Trafficmaster (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317308)

tonybel 17th January 2022 15:21

Pulling the plug on Trafficmaster

Now that trafficmaster has long gone, does anyone know how I can disconnect the unit?

Do I need to take out the cockpit to unplug it (im assuming its in there somewhere) or is that a fuse that can be pulled for the same effect?

If I do disconect it will it throw something into a hissy fit looking for it, like the ECU?:eek:

Thanks,

Tony

Rev Jules 18th January 2022 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybel (Post 2916830)
Now that trafficmaster has long gone, does anyone know how I can disconnect the unit?

Do I need to take out the cockpit to unplug it (im assuming its in there somewhere) or is that a fuse that can be pulled for the same effect?

If I do disconect it will it throw something into a hissy fit looking for it, like the ECU?:eek:

Thanks,

Tony

Interested in this thread because mine still pops up.

Rev.

FLYING BANANA 18th January 2022 07:50

Yes mine still registers.

stocktake 18th January 2022 07:55

If you are relating to the free service that pops up on the IPK screen with TM every time you turn the ign on then simply remove the ipk and behind there in the dash cavity there will be a box from what I remember about the size of a laptop charger with three wires to it. I think it says Plectron on it, usually lower left. Wires are: Ign live, Neg and one to the ipk. Seem to remember the wires are on a plug. either way unplug or disconnect the wires. :)

SD1too 18th January 2022 08:31

Following on from Stocktake's reply, I have found the instructions I used to fit mine. There are two spliced connections and one into the black instrument pack multiplug.

To answer your specific questions Tony, there is no fuse specific to the Trafficmaster Alert module.
Nothing will be thrown into a hissy fit as it didn't require any form of registration when installed.

But quite honestly Tony why bother removing it? Can you live with the brief display of the Trafficmaster logo when you turn on the ignition? Apart from that you wouldn't know it was there. :}

Simon

tonybel 18th January 2022 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2916942)
Following on from Stocktake's But quite honestly Tony why bother removing it? Can you live with the brief display of the Trafficmaster logo when you turn on the ignition? Apart from that you wouldn't know it was there. :}

Simon

Its not important, I agree, and I do have more to worry about for sure, but its also a hobby and the trafficmaster hasnt worked in 9 years, thats 9 years of having it flash up every time i start the car. I thought I would get rid of this irrelivence, which is, yes, annoying me slightly :duh:

Tenesmus 21st January 2022 23:03

It would be nice if a clever person could rig something up that displays something else instead, like a Rover or MG logo :}

tonybel 22nd January 2022 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenesmus (Post 2917485)
It would be nice if a clever person could rig something up that displays something else instead, like a Rover or MG logo :}

Especially as there is a plug already there on many cars that connects to the trafficmaster unit.

I will disconect it this weekend and am intreaged to know if this also kills the startup and closed own sound the car gives out. I originally thought it was the radio but thats all double din now, so not that!