The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Outlook for Android problems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=327591)

victorgte 8th April 2024 14:31

Outlook for Android problems

I recently had my business email sent to a new account called Outlook.
Having had a yahoo account for over 20 years for personal emails with no problems whatsoever its a bit of a shock to use an app that is so unreliable.

I've managed to get it working on my laptop having entered the correct details for iMAP. My android phone is a different matter.

As well as the app telling me that "a problem occurred" I am unable to enter the passwords for the iMAP as I simply cant find where or how to enter them. It is a very rigid app. The technical support has been woeful. Generic answers from a BOT with the end always asking "was this information useful to you today?" No.

Having business emails on the go is essential for me so I can reply quickly.
I have deleted the app twice and downloaded it again just in case there was a bug but still no joy.

Are there any positive reports on this app? Is there some better support out there to read or on video?

I'm tempted to start a yahoo account for my business email.

Lagetha 9th April 2024 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2993240)
I recently had my business email sent to a new account called Outlook.
Having had a yahoo account for over 20 years for personal emails with no problems whatsoever its a bit of a shock to use an app that is so unreliable.

I've managed to get it working on my laptop having entered the correct details for iMAP. My android phone is a different matter.

As well as the app telling me that "a problem occurred" I am unable to enter the passwords for the iMAP as I simply cant find where or how to enter them. It is a very rigid app. The technical support has been woeful. Generic answers from a BOT with the end always asking "was this information useful to you today?" No.

Having business emails on the go is essential for me so I can reply quickly.
I have deleted the app twice and downloaded it again just in case there was a bug but still no joy.

Are there any positive reports on this app? Is there some better support out there to read or on video?

I'm tempted to start a yahoo account for my business email.

I use Gmail (Google Mail) app which came with my android phone to connect to my Outlook mailbox... It was set up many years ago, so I've forgotten the exact procedure I used. Maybe the Google help pages can be of use.

In my Gmail settings this is what I found regarding my link to Outlook:

server incoming settings: server=outlook.office365.com, Port=993, security type=SSL/TLS
server outgoing settings: SMTP server=smtp-mail.outlook.com, port=587, security type=STARTTLS

Arctic 9th April 2024 11:34

Outlook

Hi Vic.
Type into the search bar on YouTube.

how to setup outlook on my android phone