The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I decalre a light bulb moment (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298405)

macafee2 15th August 2019 15:26

I decalre a light bulb moment

Last year I made a jig to hold spare headlights so I could polish them.
Was not until I finished that I realised the off side and near side were handed and my jig only held one side, :duh:

Today having the slam panel off so there is better access to the condenser radiator, I had a light bulb moment. I realised that I had a spare slam panel and I could fit the spare lights to that and polish them.

jig now in the scrap bin to be burnt:eek:

That's another bit of rubbish out of my garage:D

macafee2

Russel 15th August 2019 16:11

I will pop mine round for you to polish lol

clf 15th August 2019 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2755132)
Last year I made a jig to hold spare headlights so I could polish them.
Was not until I finished that I realised the off side and near side were handed and my jig only held one side, :duh:

Today having the slam panel off so there is better access to the condenser radiator, I had a light bulb moment. I realised that I had a spare slam panel and I could fit the spare lights to that and polish them.

jig now in the scrap bin to be burnt:eek:

That's another bit of rubbish out of my garage:D

macafee2

Why not just polish them whilst fitted but worh the bumper removed. Takes out two elements of risk (by dropping them or damaging fittings).

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

macafee2 15th August 2019 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2755143)
Why not just polish them whilst fitted but worh the bumper removed. Takes out two elements of risk (by dropping them or damaging fittings).

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

They are spare lights.

macafee2

macafee2 15th August 2019 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russel (Post 2755140)
I will pop mine round for you to polish lol

I'll start an exchange service, send me old ones and I'll send polished ones.:D

Problem is cost. Best part of £20 for a 3m polishing kit add to that, electric for running my compressor and labour time plus 2 way postage. Not much change from £40-£45.
I forgot, £10? for UV protection

macafee2

Darcydog 15th August 2019 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2755146)
They are spare lights.

macafee2

I’m doing much the same Ian! Tho’ my Alternator needs changing as well. So my rad, condenser and intercooler all off and weather willing should all be done by next week.

Not much room to do the Alternator!!

Tho with the wheel and inner wing off things should be OK.

With it all off I think the issue re the alternator was power steering fluid weeping out from one of the tubes where it joins the reservoir. The “visible” one is fine - the more difficult one was weeping quite a lot.

If you are “ in there” Ian - I would recommend checking and renewing to prevent a leak.

Russel 15th August 2019 16:53

Mine are projector hid and not that bad yet but I will get them done when they need it

MSS 15th August 2019 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2755149)
I'll start an exchange service, send me old ones and I'll send polished ones.:D

Problem is cost. Best part of £20 for a 3m polishing kit add to that, electric for running my compressor and labour time plus 2 way postage. Not much change from £40-£45.
I forgot, £10? for UV protection

macafee2

But, it will help you appreciate Rimmers' most reasonable P&P charges! :D:D:getmecoat:

macafee2 15th August 2019 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2755152)
I’m doing much the same Ian! Tho’ my Alternator needs changing as well. So my rad, condenser and intercooler all off and weather willing should all be done by next week.

Not much room to do the Alternator!!

Tho with the wheel and inner wing off things should be OK.

With it all off I think the issue re the alternator was power steering fluid weeping out from one of the tubes where it joins the reservoir. The “visible” one is fine - the more difficult one was weeping quite a lot.

If you are “ in there” Ian - I would recommend checking and renewing to prevent a leak.

also check the black pipe that runs along the off side of the engine cover.
just noticed mine are touching.
I will check as you say thanks Darcydog

macafee2

macafee2 15th August 2019 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2755155)
But, it will help you appreciate Rimmers' most reasonable P&P charges! :D:D:getmecoat:

as the song goes, if you don't know me by now, you will never never know me.

macafee2