The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Jaguar Landrover in Trouble (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305125)

Yorkshire GOC 24th May 2020 09:03

Jaguar Landrover in Trouble

Sunday Times business page headline "Jaguar pleads for rescue deal" - seeking in excess of 1 billion from the Government to stay in business as Tata are under pressure to support their Indian operations.Apparently the business is burning a billion a month.

jonc3725 24th May 2020 09:22

Not surprised tbh.

Their big market in Asia is not buying and the Germans have taken over in Europe.

They are behind the times on engine technology and playing catch up and according to my colleagues who own modern Land Rovers, XFs and fpaces they are not overly reliable.

We don't want these great companies going under so hopefully something can be done which didn't happen to MGR:mad:

steve-45 24th May 2020 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc3725 (Post 2814365)

We don't want these great companies going under so hopefully something can be done which didn't happen to MGR:mad:

Of course the government will do a bail out - it’s a foreign owned company. :getmecoat:

KWIL 24th May 2020 10:08

More tax rises!

bl52krz 24th May 2020 21:45

I don’t suppose I could get a bail out? I am a poor pensioner and now I have reached the fine ‘old’ age of 80, they have found it in their hearts to give me an extra 25 pence towards the heating bill in the winter. I have spent hours wondering how I can put together an appeal to put to the government for more money. Think I will get in touch with Mr Branson for some advice on the matter.

Arctic 24th May 2020 22:11

Mr. Ratan Tata.
Look him up he as more money than Bill gates its just not shown on his personal fortune ;) but he will get it or Jaguar Landrover will, wheels within in wheels pun not intended.

marinabrian 24th May 2020 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2814495)
Mr. Ratan Tata.
Look him up he as more money than Bill gates its just not shown on his personal fortune ;) but he will get it or Jaguar Landrover will, wheels within in wheels pun not intended.

He's only worth 291 Billion USD, I think he must qualify for a food parcel at least :shrug:

No I don't believe we should be subsidising foreign owned companies, irrespective of the local employment demographic.

I would feel completely different if this was a domestic company, but it is not...... perhaps in name ;)

Brian :D

kev-rev180 25th May 2020 07:42

they could give him the money but take the equevelant amount in ownership of the company

jonc3725 25th May 2020 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2814373)
More tax rises!

They are coming anyway. People are going to bankrupt this country if we don't open up soon.
Austerity was nothing compared to the bill we will have to pay back now.

But that's politics, not for a superb car forum:D

victorgte 25th May 2020 20:24

TATA has leverage over the Government as it employs thousands of British workers. Give us some money or we’ll pull out of the UK. It’s irrelevant where the company comes from, India or wherever. Do you spend money on a bail out or unemployment benefit?

It has indeed been broadcast that the Government will take a stake in companies it helps. It’s another form of leverage. This time they are saying there is no free money anymore and there is a slim chance we, the tax payers will one day get the money back.

State ownership could be making a comeback!