The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Massive thank you Trikey (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310197)

Russp 30th December 2020 16:18

Massive thank you Trikey

Yesterday I had the misfortune of my ecu blowing due to water in the plenum , it was only cleaned out four weeks ago so I wasn't expecting it
Anyway I rang Andy for some advice by the roadside and he gave me some pointers but I had to have the car recovered by the AA and when I got home I rang Andy again to say it was definitely the ecu and he came straight over with a fresh ecu and his T4 gear
Unfortunately this ECU didn't work and he came out today again whilst I was at work and sorted the car
Cheers Andy, I can't thank you enough

FLYING BANANA 30th December 2020 16:26

That’s what the club is all about, helping one and other. Well done Andy.

Rogue 30th December 2020 16:53

He's not a bad sort :) He also sorted a 1.8ZT on his way home with a flooded satnav unit :grin:

Russp 30th December 2020 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 2856728)
He's not a bad sort :) He also sorted a 1.8ZT on his way home with a flooded satnav unit :grin:

Was good to see you too Pete

Rogue 30th December 2020 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russp (Post 2856732)
Was good to see you too Pete

Was nice to see your gorgeous Tomcat and thanks for the camera, Might have to wait until better weather to get it installed though.:biggrinsanta:

Mickyboy 30th December 2020 17:43

Top stuff Andy another one sorted by a diamond geezer 👍

Mick

trikey 30th December 2020 18:00

Thanks for the comments guys, glad to be of assistance, it did have me stumped for a bit when the first replacement ecu wouldn't play ball, its always good to pop up and see Russ' collection of MGR stuff and when you pull on his driveway to be greeted by a pair of National petrol pumps it transports you back to another time :icon_lol:

trikey 30th December 2020 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 2856728)

Seemed a shame not to while I was out.. :icon_redface:

Raven Black 30th December 2020 20:27

Trikey

Top bloke, our Trikey, also found the time to give me advice yesterday when I had a problem.
Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

davidbooker 3rd January 2021 18:06

My V6 ecu was drowned in October by a flooded plenum. The AA assured me that it was probably beyond saving, citing spidery internal shorts after drying out. However, I allowed it to dry very slowly using a dehumidifier, and all has been absolutely perfect ever since. I was given excellent advice from the forum, and Marinabrian very kindly offered to come and replace the ecu for me at very short notice, as the car would not start. Then it did, but I will certainly contact him if the problem recurs.

Apparently, the V6 ecu's are waterproof, but mine most certainly was not. It's great to know that people are there when you really need them! Many, many thanks to Marinabrian and Bororover, for offering me immediate help, even though the crisis unexpectedly resolved by itself! :xmas-smiley-008: