The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Hi Line Sat Nav wiring loom (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13295)

Duotone 26th December 2007 06:59

Hi Line Sat Nav wiring loom

I have recently purchased from Les at SMC a complete Hi Line sat nav system
I've fitted a few of the units to the boot area but not yet the loom.
When I connected everything up as in Keith's "How To" I was left with two plugs that I am not sure about..
Can anyone help. It's possible they may not be used..
The first is a 8 pin plug.
Wires.
OS - this wire goes to the other small mystery plug
OG - this wire goes to the other small mystery plug
PK
GW
WRY- K Bus
RW
RG- telephone mute, goes to pin 4.. radio module.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...her/script.jpg

Dave T

Greeners 28th December 2007 17:55

Dave

Sorry for the delay in replying...I've only just got a PC running at home.

The small 2 way black plug is for a speaker, which I think is not required as it uses the ICE speakers instead. (of all the ones I've taken out, not one of them had a seperate spaker and that connector has been strapped up behind the dash)

The other one escapes me at the moment, I'll need to have a look at the loom in my car, which I'll do at work in the daylight tomorrow.

Greeners 28th December 2007 17:58

Just had a thought, It may be centre console related.....

JohnDotCom 28th December 2007 18:04

I don't know if this is of any help,
It is the Original BMW Wiring loom.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...SatNavloom.jpg

damydyo1 28th December 2007 21:28

I´m not sure but I think it´s plug C0082 and belongs under your steering wheel for connection between the K/bus interface and your steering wheel remote control buttons. Only that´s a 6 pins plug.

I´m on it know, give me some time to check it out.

Regards Ralph :Santa1:

damydyo1 28th December 2007 23:19

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, got it.

The little plug (C0896) is for a separate speaker. You don't need it, because the nav voice comes from your car speakers.

The 8 pins plug (C1229) is the ICE harness to telephone harness if installed.

I put some pdf files for detailed information. There is no diagram of C1229 what so ever. The separate speaker connection only appears on the low line diagram.

damydyo1 28th December 2007 23:43

1 Attachment(s)
Now here is the interface where to put plug C1229 on. It once was ment to be for an older car kit combined with a Nokia 3110 or Siemens S10.

With bluetooth nowadays it has become history I think. Don't even know where to get it from. (Rover museum perhaps?)

Hope this would be of some help.

JohnDotCom 28th December 2007 23:47

It should have been the 3 Pages of the Wiring Diagram for the Hi Line Sat Nav System but my Acrobat Pro V8 seems to be having a fit converting Drawings to PDF.
Will re look when awake properly in Morning.

Duotone 29th December 2007 07:53

Hi Line sat nav loom

Thanks.. David, Ralph, John,
Now I know the two plugs are not used I will be able to fit the loom.
I will be able to use the RG wire for phone mute that is in unused plug.
This RG wire comes from the radio unit.
I am almost sure that I will be able to fit a parrot kit without running any extra wires from the boot to the front of the car, now that I have converted the BMW plug to ISO connectors.
I have a bit more work to do, fitting the sat nav aerial and the connectors to the HRW. [Will the TV connectors be there ? ]
Also I have to fit the CD changer into the boot.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Dave T

Greeners 29th December 2007 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duotone (Post 122417)
Thanks.. David, Ralph, John,
Now I know the two plugs are not used I will be able to fit the loom.
I will be able to use the RG wire for phone mute that is in unused plug.
This RG wire comes from the radio unit.
I am almost sure that I will be able to fit a parrot kit without running any extra wires from the boot to the front of the car, now that I have converted the BMW plug to ISO connectors.
I have a bit more work to do, fitting the sat nav aerial and the connectors to the HRW. [Will the TV connectors be there ? ]
Also I have to fit the CD changer into the boot.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Dave T

The contacts may be on the screen, but it's highly unlikely the connectors will be there. I've done a bit of research on the screens and may have come up with a solution.

My CD changer is now in the boot, using the original glovebox brackets to mount it under the parcel shelf.

I'm going to look at my loom later, but I think the grey plug is used, the black one definately isn't

HTH