The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Unwelcome Visitor (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318679)

Westonboy 13th April 2022 08:50

Unwelcome Visitor

Hi Folks, unusually for me I have been unwell. I had not felt right for a week or so, starting with mild fatigue, thence shivering, and slight aching, I wondered if I might have omnicrom and living in a fairly remote location just soldiered on. Although not right, I was able to cope with the demands of the day and expected that all would soon be well. In the early hours yesterday I woke in agony, wringing in sweat and struggling for breath, my dear wife overrode my protests and said your going to A&E, When we arrived the staff were wonderful, but under intense pressure, after an unavoidable lengthy wait I was examined and the charming Indian lady Doctor said you've got pneumonia, and after X rays, and blood tests this was indeed the case, I was discharged with a course of antibiotics and am now very much improved. I had no idea that I had pneumonia but it is not nice, so a big thank you to Wrexham Maelor Hospital A&E, the staff were great, and even though the local press slates them they were there for me.

dave lincs 13th April 2022 09:17

Get well soon Alan and take care

Ian G 13th April 2022 09:59

Glad that you are on the mend now Alan.
For those that are not aware if you are over 65 you can get a pneumonia vaccination at your local GPs surgery it's a one off vaccine.
Cheers Ian

Westonboy 13th April 2022 10:07

Thank you Ian, I was unaware that a pneumonia jab was available until a friend informed me yesterday. I shall certainly have one in future. What surprised me most was the extreme chest pains, quite frightening.

coolcat 13th April 2022 11:26

Glad you're on the mend and wishing you a full and speedy recovery .

trikey 13th April 2022 12:06

Hope the recovery is a quick one.

Ian G 13th April 2022 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westonboy (Post 2928210)
Thank you Ian, I was unaware that a pneumonia jab was available until a friend informed me yesterday. I shall certainly have one in future. What surprised me most was the extreme chest pains, quite frightening.

It's a once only vaccination Alan. I only found out because when I got to 70 my local surgery called me in for a Shingles vaccination and while I was there the nurse said I'll give you an anti pneumonia jab in the other arm if you like. :eek:

FLYING BANANA 13th April 2022 12:49

Glad you are on the road to recovery. I’ve had the pneumonia jab.

Gate Keeper 13th April 2022 13:34

Thank you for writing this up as it
could help others who find themselves in a similar situation
and are unsure about what to do. Thank goodness Alan you were seen in time as Pneumonia is a treatable condition.

The very best for a healthy recovery, remember to rest and to take care of yourself.

Westonboy 13th April 2022 14:12

Thank you Gatekeeper for your kind thoughts, my Wife is playing a blinder, when I think of all the tutting when she drives, their was none of that when she took me to hospital at 2 am.👏