The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cannot open front passenger door.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292336)

m2n 28th January 2019 15:07

Cannot open front passenger door.... Update

After defrosting the car this morning and having trouble opening the drivers door and rear passenger offside door (I can only open drivers door by key and manually opening other 3 doors) I have just discovered the front passenger will not open. The lock button rises when i pull the handle from the inside but it just will not open and I don't want to force it too much in case I cause any damage..... thoughts please :bowdown::shrug:

Temperature now 3 degrees above zero, all seems thawed, but door still not opening, I can hear the mechanism when I pull the handle (inside or out) but it's just not budging. I have noticed when I drop the window and bring it back up it is covered in water.

zedhed 28th January 2019 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by m2n (Post 2706331)
After defrosting the car this morning and having trouble opening the drivers door and rear passenger offside door (I can only open drivers door by key and manually opening other 3 doors) I have just discovered the front passenger will not open. The lock button rises when i pull the handle from the inside but it just will not open and I don't want to force it too much in case I cause any damage..... thoughts please :bowdown::shrug:

More than likely because of the frost,should be ok when thawed though.i had trouble a couple of weeks back when my passenger door opened but wouldn’t shut.as soon as it thawed it was sound.frost seems to wreak havoc with the locking systems on these cars.🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoroRover 28th January 2019 16:22

Yep, my experience too. Thawed out, it will open.

Shaker 2nd February 2019 10:34

Same issue

Hi Sorry for borrowing your thread but I'm having the same problem on my 75 - however my car has thawed yesterday (friday 1st Feb) it was 4 deg here but the door won't open from the inside or out. I have a feeling its the threaded two half clip that has moved, possibly due to being frozen as some point, so now I need to remove the door card to try and access the lock mechanism. Has anyone been able to remove the door card with the door closed or been able to open the front door another way? Oh and my other half has just told me that for a while its been awkward to open some times taking two attempts - she never thought to mention it.....doh.
Thanks for any suggestions.

operamagorum 2nd February 2019 10:52

Just thought that I'd join in..............
I suffered with this problem for a couple of years and tried WD40 - not advised, as it dries out. Silicone release sprays works quite well, but best of all is GT85 with PTFE - no problems for three years!!