The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   great car in snow! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74399)

russell brown 18th December 2010 17:46

great car in snow!

got stuck in dudley centre today in snow today, and was the only car that managed to get up the rather steep road into town and that includes the a4 quattro that was just looking stupid...
went from dudley to newcastle lyme and back this morning and found this car, which i have only owned since aug , a much better car a confidence giving car than my previous omega. i have always moaned that the excess weight blunted the performance you would expect from 150 horses compared to omega which only had 135 but seeing those rwd barges sliding around and me smiling driving past was worth it.
good experience in bad conditions really.

Number 6 18th December 2010 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by russell brown (Post 636853)
got stuck in dudley centre today in snow today, and was the only car that managed to get up the rather steep road into town and that includes the a4 quattro that was just looking stupid...
went from dudley to newcastle lyme and back this morning and found this car, which i have only owned since aug , a much better car a confidence giving car than my previous omega. i have always moaned that the excess weight blunted the performance you would expect from 150 horses compared to omega which only had 135 but seeing those rwd barges sliding around and me smiling driving past was worth it.
good experience in bad conditions really.

what more can you say--------------well done
:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_ razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

chrissyboy 18th December 2010 18:44

coming home from the garage today took me nearly 2 hours for a trip that is only a 10 minute drive .there was a car broken down as i tried o stick to the busy roads so thought it would be easy .. so had to go up the back streets ,i saw nearly every make of car slipping and sliding all over the place . had to laugh as i just drove up th hill as if it was a summers day :laugh: these cars seem to be good in the snow ,but if too heavy with the ole right foot then she will do as all other cars do ..

peelaaa 18th December 2010 18:48

My 75 is rubbish in the snow, no traction at all, I think it all depends on the tyres you have fitted.

ceedy 18th December 2010 18:54

it seems I've been running everyone around over the last few days!

ZT Auto hasn't got stuck once , even had to overtake a freelander this morning that was faffing about up our hill..

Mind you twas a woman driving ?? eeek! :driving:

:getmecoat::getmecoat: !!!

Jakg 18th December 2010 18:58

Had to drop something off for a customer on the way back from work - 36 mile journey took me 2 hours and I curbed it twice as well...

I always said that my ZT was good in the snow, but it seems that she finally let me down, struggled a lot to get home... :(

Having said that, I doubt 225 / 45 / 18 Falken FK452's are the optimum wheels for winter.

Wolves 75 18th December 2010 19:11

Mine is brilliant in the snow, it has sat on my drive all afternoon and i've not heard a peep out of her........:rifle:

starbug2 18th December 2010 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolves 75 (Post 636956)
Mine is brilliant in the snow, it has sat on my drive all afternoon and i've not heard a peep out of her........:rifle:

it your case it's not snow but all the birds using you car as a tolet :laugh::xmas-smiley-010:

the monk 18th December 2010 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by peelaaa (Post 636919)
My 75 is rubbish in the snow, no traction at all, I think it all depends on the tyres you have fitted.

Possibly, my tyres are past their best now and still give excellent grip in the snow. 30k on conti's and still have 2mm of tread. Had thought of changing them, but don't see the point just yet as they are performing so well.

carl 18th December 2010 19:34

we had no probelm in the snow with our Nexens on the front