The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Is this a Liverpool collapse (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303290)

macafee2 3rd March 2020 21:22

Is this a Liverpool collapse

1-0 against Atletico Madrid, 3-0 against Watford, currently 2-0 against Chelsea, is this a Liverpool collapse?

macafee2

VVC-Geeza 3rd March 2020 23:34

No chance.The FA cup is a low priority for them even though they fielded a strong team.The title is already in the bag and I expect them to turn around the Champions league tie.Tiredness may have been a factor as they have maintained such high intensity for so long.

baxlin 4th March 2020 08:07

I admit to not being a football fan, but should tiredness really be an issue?

Compared with say a tennis player, who might play several 3 or 5 set matches in a week, a soccer player plays 90 minutes, with 10 others to help him, once, possibly twice in a week.

mbrenn 4th March 2020 09:55

It’s a tough life for professional footballers living the champagne lifestyle, hounded by beautiful women and paparazzi, endless parties and corporate sponsorships. On top of that they have training sessions and 1 or two games. Of course they are tired. Thank goodness I work a 40 hr week without such “pressures”. I’m sure they ask themselves every day where did it all go wrong? :D

squire 4th March 2020 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 2796822)
I admit to not being a football fan, but should tiredness really be an issue?

Compared with say a tennis player, who might play several 3 or 5 set matches in a week, a soccer player plays 90 minutes, with 10 others to help him, once, possibly twice in a week.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but where shouts roughly are you in Tring Malcolm? I used to live on Beech Park, Wigginton before moving to the West Midlands, I do miss living in the countryside and I visit friends in Watford quite often.

Martyn

squire 4th March 2020 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrenn (Post 2796835)
It’s a tough life for professional footballers living the champagne lifes tyle, hounded by beautiful women and paparazzi, endless parties and corporate sponsorships. On top of that they have training sessions and 1 or two games. Of course they are tired. Thank goodness I work a 40 hr week without such “pressures”. I’m sure they ask themselves every day where did it all go wrong? :D

And you don't have the worry of how your going to spend a weeks wages that some people won't earn in a year or even a lifetime! :mad:

Neil1 4th March 2020 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2796785)
1-0 against Atletico Madrid, 3-0 against Watford, currently 2-0 against Chelsea, is this a Liverpool collapse?

macafee2

They have had a tough time lately, I enjoyed the Chelsea v Liverpool match.

But you can't win everything.

I don't support a particular team anymore but do like watching football.:D

VVC-Geeza 4th March 2020 12:25

Of course it's easy being a pro footballer living the life if Riley.That's why we're all doing it.I wonder how many would refuse the big bucks and lifestyle given the opportunity.

baxlin 4th March 2020 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by squire (Post 2796836)
Apologies for hijacking the thread, but where shouts roughly are you in Tring Malcolm? I used to live on Beech Park, Wigginton before moving to the West Midlands, I do miss living in the countryside and I visit friends in Watford quite often.

Martyn

Opposite end from Wigginton, up near the Icknield Way industrial estate. They’re in the process of building around 240 new house on the fields between the ind est and the roundabout.

So not so much countryside now......

(Funnily enough I moved from the West Midlands to Tring.......)

Also see PM

Neil1 4th March 2020 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2796863)
Of course it's easy being a pro footballer living the life if Riley.That's why we're all doing it.I wonder how many would refuse the big bucks and lifestyle given the opportunity.

But it's what you do when you reach 34 and have to give up playing football is the problem.......;):rofl: