The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   kv6 bottom radiator hose (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305106)

genpk 23rd May 2020 10:52

kv6 bottom radiator hose

anyone know the part number for kv6 bottom radiator hose .
Cant find any list on rimmers or on ebay.

genpk 23rd May 2020 12:26

just found the part number pch001820.
At $100 Aud plus freight not a cheap bit of hose!!
wonder what diameter the hose is and if its uniform diameter at both ends?
Might be able to buy a length of hose alot cheaper !

KWIL 23rd May 2020 14:00

That's the one that goes from Rad to thermostat with the bleed screw in it. engine serial number dependent.

Where it fits to thermostat, the thermostat tail is 32.2mm diameter if that helps.

genpk 23rd May 2020 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2814196)
That's the one that goes from Rad to thermostat with the bleed screw in it. engine serial number dependent.

Where it fits to thermostat, the thermostat tail is 32.2mm diameter if that helps.

thanks for that, i assume its the same diameter at the bottom radiator end ?
As said the bleed screw is completely gone and not sure about the threaded bit in the hose.
The only thing i could find that sealed it up was one of those plastic screw in wall mountings for hanging things into plasterboard which seems to have sealed it up for now.
The other option i have is to cut the hose at the bleed hole and fit some sort
of pipe joiner there .
The hose itself is not easy to find.

bl52krz 23rd May 2020 22:49

When I bought my silver KV6, my son had bought a new pipe with the bleed valve in because I presume the thread had gone on the plastic screw. I have used a normal bolt the same thread, and cut the threaded part of the bolt with a slot from the end of the thread, to around a third of its length up towards the head of the bolt. It fits just right into the female part of the bleeder hole. If I ever have to use it I will only have to undo it a small amount to bleed the system. A bit like the proper bleed screw, but cost nothing.

SD1too 24th May 2020 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by genpk (Post 2814222)
... the bleed screw is completely gone and not sure about the threaded bit in the hose.

The bleed screw is available separately if it's any help Peter; PYP 10008 (one numeral shorter than the usual format) or from Land Rover with an 'L' suffix.

Simon

genpk 24th May 2020 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2814358)
The bleed screw is available separately if it's any help Peter; PYP 10008 (one numeral shorter than the usual format) or from Land Rover with an 'L' suffix.

Simon

Thanks simon, i think the threaded part on the hose is knackered as i tried a couple of bolts up to 10mm and they were still not gripping the thread on the hose.
Got to say i never imagined the bleed screw itself would have crumbled to bits
like it did.
I was lucky i saw it as i had just done a 300km trip.

edit- just ordered a new bottom hose from Rimmers
Not cheap, ended up about $200 aud shipped!!
NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- expensive bit of hose !!