The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Synergy switch what a difference (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=289098)

Roadrunner66 13th October 2018 20:46

Synergy switch what a difference

Hi All some of you may remember an earlier thread of mine stating I found a synergy box and switch whilst I never used it.
Having my car cleaned ready for the Breakfast at Ugly Duckling this weekend the guy must of hit the switch on, as I found out the cars response was much more torque and sheepskin in first and second and seemed more boost in 4th too . Can these boxes make that much difference?
By the way I have reverted it back the way it was for now til I seek any advise from you guys on engine management systems first .
Cheers
Paul
ps I am normally heavy footed from time to time ha ha

Roadrunner66 13th October 2018 20:48

Wheelspin NOT sheepskin

Oopps spell check error

Rogue 13th October 2018 21:10

Rip it out and get a 160 map ... you won't regret it .

Roadrunner66 13th October 2018 21:18

Cheers Pete

Cheers for the heads up Pete can anyone here let me know what the average price for a 160 remap is and what it involves ?

Rogue 13th October 2018 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Craig (Post 2677157)
Cheers for the heads up Pete can anyone here let me know what the average price for a 160 remap is and what it involves ?

Suggest you look up your nearest trader that does the map and ask but you will probably be able to sell your Synergy for the cost of the map and it involves nothing more than plugging the T4 into your car and letting it work it's magic :)

phatfiesta75 13th October 2018 21:39

I know when I've got the dollar I'll be getting the 160 map 🙂

Mike Trident 14th October 2018 08:19

I have had both! They are both similar in how they drive, I would say the 160 has a smoother pick up.
The main difference is how they work. The 160 is much nicer to the car, the fuel pump in particular.

Robson Rover Repair 14th October 2018 11:09

A remap and a boost controller is a great combination for our cars. Makes them fantastic.

CivilSteve 18th October 2018 22:26

Go easy with the tuning boxes. They work by tricking the sensor so it ramps up the rail pressure, this was probably not so bad when the pumps were young but many are still on original seals etc so some people are reporting leaks.

A good custom remap will limit the stress by using duration & SOI to provide even greater power/response than tuning boxes/basic remaps, whilst working within the limitations of the engine.
It can even include additional extras likes MAFless running

AndyN01 19th October 2018 06:52

I'll very happily vouch for CivilSteve's knowledge & skills. :bowdown: :}

Andy.