The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Trikey and Ian G go Dutch (20th - 23rd Sept 2019) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=279676)

Rick-sta 6th December 2018 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2692251)
I have had a reply from euro tunnel.. Could you ALL please read copied email and let me know if you think your vehicle will not comply..
Thanks Ian

Dear Ian

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm we are able to provide you with a quote for your planned journey. Before doing so please may we ask if any of the vehicles require our single deck shuttle. Our double deck shuttle can carry vehicles up to 1.85m high and up to a maximum of 1.90m wide. If the vehicles are higher, wider or have low ground clearance these would need to be booked as high cars to allow loading space.

Please advise if any of the vehicles require our single deck shuttle.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind regards,
Sarah
Sales Support Team
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

Ground clearance could potentially be an issue with mine as it's lowered and also has a splitter on the front.

championdaddy 6th December 2018 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692279)
Ground clearance could potentially be an issue with mine as it's lowered and also has a splitter on the front.

Cuh.... some people are so needy. :snowball1:

Ian G 6th December 2018 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692279)

Ground clearance in mm at lowest point please Rick..
Cheers

trikey 6th December 2018 19:28

Makes me want to build something different just to be awkward :)

Rick-sta 6th December 2018 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 2692290)
Cuh.... some people are so needy. :snowball1:

Sorry i had to be " the one " lol

Quote:

Ground clearance in mm at lowest point please Rick..
Cheers
I'll try take measurements tomorrow Ian if it doesnt rain all day again. If I forget ping me a message, been a bit forgetful lately where i've been really busy.

trikey 6th December 2018 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692322)

I'll try take measurements tomorrow Ian if it doesnt rain all day again. If I forget ping me a message, been a bit forgetful lately where i've been really busy.

60psi in the tyres should get you 3-4mm more Rick :)

Ian G 6th December 2018 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692322)

OK Rick
I suspect that you will be OK as it's the same spec as redfive and I got onto the Cowes chain ferry at low tide with that :icon_lol:

Ian G 7th December 2018 13:13

Just found this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UIkqN88kPs
From 5min 25sec you will see the slope to the upper deck.
Can't see this being a problem guys.
Cheers Ian

bl52krz 8th December 2018 09:41

We have been travelling on the shuttle for years with a four people in and a full boot, and I mean a full boot, and never had any problems.when you go down the ramp to get on the shuttle, I have seen that they appear to look at you (the car) and seem to ask about something? May be ground clearance, and then send you ‘downstairs’. Most times we go ‘upstairs’ and apart from the fact that you have to ‘get your eye in’ on the width clearance at the top, you can not see the deck you are driving onto, no problems so far. There is someone who will direct you to your parking space, hold back a bit because once or twice we have seen people up the back of the car in front, and they have had to come backwards out into the carriage behind. Really there are no probs whatever. I make a bet with you how smooth it is. Do not look through the windows at the side of the carriage, and tell me when it has started to move. You will not be able to it is so smooth when pulling away. Make sure you put it in first gear, and put your handbrake on. Put your lights off. Lie back and have a rest for 30 minutes Any gas containers and you will not be allowed on,or gas dual fuel cars. Just a bit of caution. Keep away from the gutter on either side, it is metal and will ruin your nice wheels if you hit it.The only problem I can see is coming back from Calais because they don’t seem to be as efficient as they are here. All in all, happy travelling, better than the ferry..

Ched 9th December 2018 17:53

Could you put Karen and myself down for this please Ian?