The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Trikey and Ian G go Dutch (20th - 23rd Sept 2019) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=279676)

Ian G 20th February 2018 14:13

Trikey and Ian G go Dutch (20th - 23rd Sept 2019)

Hi all
Would anyone be interested in joining Trikey, Debz, Jan and myself for a long weekend in Holland in 2019 to visit the Best of British car show at Boxtel near Eindhoven and maybe meet up with a few of our European 75 and ZT owners.

Best of British show date confirmed as 22nd September 2019
So plan will be to travel to Holland via "le shuttle" AM Friday 20th September and return (again via the tunnel) PM Monday 23rd..

Cheers Ian

(18 cars)
actros

Bri and Linda
Bluejon, Silvervixen
bl52krz
Ched and Karen
Ceedy and Liz
Coidy and Emily
GordyB
Ian G & Jan G
Jnorris
Jules and Dawn
LotusLC
maxi_crawf
Rick-sta & Deanna
Robbrooks
Snetty and Deb
steve-45
Trikey & Bluebird
marinabrian

Boxtel show only..
Eric Druyts

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

maxi_crawf 20th February 2018 16:42

Following with interest.

keithst24 20th February 2018 16:57

Sounds fun if dates work :drool4:

Lordy 20th February 2018 18:00

Hell yes let's make it happen. :D

Ravinder 20th February 2018 21:57

I shall consider this...
(Thinks photography opportunities...)

actros 21st February 2018 13:08

i could be up for this one depending on date

Ian G 21st February 2018 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by actros (Post 2598393)
i could be up for this one depending on date

Hi Brian
Date is likely to be September but poss June so we avoid the costly ferries/hotels at school holiday time.

Thanks for the interest mate.
Cheers Ian

GordyB 22nd February 2018 17:53

I might be up for this :D

Bluejon 22nd February 2018 22:59

Sounds very interesting Ian & Andy,please Keep Jan & I in mind for further details [at the moment as possibles] for this, many thanks for trying to arrange this.

John & Jan. [Bluejon & Silvervixen]

andy willi 24th February 2018 08:09

hi
i will be in for this especially if it is in september as it will be near my birthday ( on the 16 ) .

andy

Rev Jules 24th February 2018 14:24

Hi Ian.

Any idea what approx. cost might be,

Rev

Ian G 24th February 2018 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2599412)

Hi Ian.

Any idea what approx. cost might be,

Rev

Hi Jules
I have sent email to Stenaline for ferry cost's and I would expect hotel cost's to be just a little higher than UK in an Ibis or similar hotel.
As a guide
Published prices for Sept 2018 are £109 each way for car and two passengers on the day sailing ferry from Harwich to the Hook and around £85 per room per night for hotel with breakfast.
Now I know there's some interest I will attempt to get some proper costings together so that I am able to publish an all inclusive package of ferry and hotel.
Cheers Ian

LotusLC 25th February 2018 09:11

I would like to take this adventure. Only trouble is, i have to book my holidays no later than September for the following year :shrug:

Ian G 25th February 2018 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusLC (Post 2599638)
I would like to take this adventure. Only trouble is, i have to book my holidays no later than September for the following year :shrug:

Fingers crossed Gary we should have it all in place by then mate..:D
I'll pop you on the list for now if thats OK, as I said it's only to help me get an idea of numbers
Cheers Ian

Phil63 28th February 2018 14:13

Put us down as provisional please Ian. You ever know, I might even have Tank back on the road by then.. Lol.

GJ53 DGO 5th March 2018 20:11

Please put myself and the family down depending on whether it happens during school holidays.

Bluejon 5th March 2018 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy willi (Post 2599334)
hi
i will be in for this especially if it is in september as it will be near my birthday ( on the 16 ) .

andy

Jan & I could also be up for this,September would also be good for me Birthday wise, mines on the 20th Andy.

John.

Ian G 6th March 2018 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO (Post 2603093)
Please put myself and the family down depending on whether it happens during school holidays.

Hi David
I'll pop you on the list as it's only to see who is interested in a trip for now.
Cheers Ian

Ian G 8th March 2018 14:02

Hi all
Just an update to let you know that we're making some progress on this trip and I'm quite confident of getting us a stand at the Best of British classic show that is held at http://en.classicpark.nl in Boxtel NL each September.
Obviously it's early days for 2019 but I'm in communication with the shows organiser's and things are slowly starting to come together.
More details as I get them,but in the mean time keep those names coming.
Cheers Ian

Ian G 13th March 2018 13:48

UPDATE..:D:D
After no reply to my emails I decided to phone Stenaline on the group travel number. I asked about group travel and was told that "it only applies to coach travel sir"
OK so why do you show this on your website.
STENA LINE
CAR OR MOTORCYCLE GROUP
If you have a group with a minimum of 5 motorcycles or cars travelling together on the same departures outward and homeward, please send a brief email to [email protected]. Include your routes, dates, times and mobile number so one of our team can contact you as soon as they can with a group rate.

"Oh I didn't know about that sir hold on and I'll connect you to the Harwich office"
I have now been given another name and email address to contact.
So now I have sent an email to the man that deals with Car/Motorcycle groups and await a reply..

Cheers Ian

GIEDRIUSR75 13th March 2018 19:02

I might be up for this aswell

trikey 13th March 2018 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIEDRIUSR75 (Post 2606179)

Meet you halfway then 👍😎🥃

Ian G 13th March 2018 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIEDRIUSR75 (Post 2606179)

Wow that's some drive (1,832 km) but it would be fabulous to see you there Giedrius,I will add your name to the list. Let me know if you need any small parts from the UK.
Regards Ian

Ian G 15th March 2018 18:41

First of the accommodation quotes have arrived at my inbox..
I won't bore you with the small print so here are the prices along with a link to the hotels.
Prices in euros
Hotel A
https://www.ruwenberg.nl/en/history/ € 85.00 per single room including breakfast € 100.00 per double room including breakfast (prices are per night)
Hotel is located approx 8.5km from the venue for Best of British show at Boxtel

Hotel B
http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-0647-ib...shtml#location
Single room : € 64,00 per room per night including breakfast
Double room : € 78,00 per room per night including breakfast
Triple room : NOT AVAILABLE
Tourist tax : 3,5% per room per night
3-course dinner : € 22,50 per person
Busparking : On site
Parking : Free of charge
Hotel is approx 26km from the venue for Best of British show at Boxtel

Still waiting on a couple more hotels and ferry prices but of course lots of time to keep looking.:D:D

actros 15th March 2018 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2607091)
First of the accommodation quotes have arrived at my inbox..
I won't bore you with the small print so here are the prices along with a link to the hotels.
Prices in euros
Hotel A
https://www.ruwenberg.nl/en/history/ € 85.00 per single room including breakfast € 100.00 per double room including breakfast (prices are per night)
Hotel is located approx 8.5km from the venue for Best of British show at Boxtel

Hotel B
http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-0647-ib...shtml#location
Single room : € 64,00 per room per night including breakfast
Double room : € 78,00 per room per night including breakfast
Triple room : NOT AVAILABLE
Tourist tax : 3,5% per room per night
3-course dinner : € 22,50 per person
Busparking : On site
Parking : Free of charge
Hotel is approx 26km from the venue for Best of British show at Boxtel

Still waiting on a couple more hotels and ferry prices but of course lots of time to keep looking.:D:D

Hi Ian how long is this trip going to be ??

Ian G 15th March 2018 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by actros (Post 2607121)
Hi Ian how long is this trip going to be ??

As mentioned in the OP Brian "a long weekend" so out on 9am ferry Friday back on 14.15 ferry Monday = 3 nights in the Netherlands.
Cheers Ian

Ravinder 16th March 2018 19:26

Forgot to message you back, Ian. Apologies. I’ve decided not to attend on this trip I’m afraid due to other reasons. Thanks

Ian G 16th March 2018 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2607516)
Forgot to message you back, Ian. Apologies. I’ve decided not to attend on this trip I’m afraid due to other reasons. Thanks

No problem Rav
The list is very maybe at the moment anyway mate and it's a long time in the future.
Cheers

Ian G 22nd March 2018 09:33

Hi Folks
This will be the last update for a while BUT the visit to the Best of British show at Boxtel nl in 2019 will
definitely happen.

The initial post was purely to see if it would be worth while organising a group trip rather than just the two of us going.
It's now looking as if we can have our own 75-ZT stand at the show which is held here http://en.classicpark.nl/ each September so I'm hoping that it will be an opportunity to join with our European friends and put on a good display.
Most of the hotels-ferries are unable to quote prices for 2019 at the moment so we can't really come up with a firm price yet, but as well as the ferries we're looking at "le shuttle" as an alternative means of travel. This would mean a drive through France and Belgium of around 3 hours but would be easy enough with a couple of stops on the way. Bonus is of course that it's a 35 minute journey that won't be affected by the weather and they will give a discount if there are 15 or more vehicles traveling together.
The rough layout of the trip would be group meal and ticket/info handout etc Thursday evening with hotel stay overnight before crossing the channel Friday AM with Fri/Sat/Sun/ night stay in Holland and return to UK Monday.
If anyone want's more info or a chat about the trip just PM Andy (Trikey) or Ian (Ian G)
We'll still be adding names to the list and there's no firm commitment at this stage however if you fancy doing something a little different with your 75/ZT in 2019 then put your name down.
This post will be updated as and when we get more info to pass on.
Cheers Ian and Andy

Bluejon 22nd March 2018 14:40

Ian & Andy,

Just to add,Jan & I would like to say a big thank you to the both of you including Jan & Debs for coming up with the idea & for arranging this for the members who wish to take part, really appreciate what you are all doing to make this happen.

Holland is such a lovely Country with lovely people, Jan & I have been quite a few times really looking forward to going back again, in the meantime , many thanks again, take care & look after yourselves.

John & Jan.

Lordy 2nd April 2018 18:00

I'll be there with the Ford probe. :D

Looking forward too this I ain't backing out now. :D

Rick-sta 16th April 2018 19:22

Hi Ian, could you put myself and deanna down for this please? We will bring the typhoon zt along :)

Ian G 16th April 2018 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2620068)
Hi Ian, could you put myself and deanna down for this please? We will bring the typhoon zt along :)

Thanks Rick
It's great to have you and Deanna join the list.
That's 16 possibles now:D:D with a good spread of cars, Gerry (confronted) may come along with one of his wonderful creations as well.

Cheers Ian

trikey 18th April 2018 18:19

Starting to look like a good one Ian 👍

Rick-sta 18th April 2018 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2620139)
Thanks Rick
It's great to have you and Deanna join the list.
That's 16 possibles now:D:D with a good spread of cars, Gerry (confronted) may come along with one of his wonderful creations as well.

Cheers Ian

Always wanted to visit Holland, and this seems like a fantastic way to do it :)

hrissim 18th April 2018 20:11

What a fantastic occasion to make my dream come true to visit The Tulipsland! :D
Found a camping in ~600 meters from the museum. Any fans out there?
So - this trip is possible on 75`s wheels and ~4200km with return. :shrug:

LotusLC 18th April 2018 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2620893)
Always wanted to visit Holland, and this seems like a fantastic way to do it :)

That's the same reason we fancy doing the trip Rick ;)

Ian G 18th April 2018 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2620855)
Starting to look like a good one Ian ��

Yep... Best get the Golden Earring CDs ready for the trip ;);)

bl52krz 27th April 2018 21:49

Hi Ian. You give a possible second option for travel:- using the shuttle to Calais? If you used that option, can I suggest that instead of using a hotel in England, you could do an afternoon shuttle to Calais, and book the Ibis hotel, Coquelles Tunnel Sous Le Manch. We always use this hotel when we tour the continent, and I can recommend it. It is five minutes from the shuttle. You get off the shuttle and take the road to the right after about 400 yards, signposted SiteEurope. Follow the road upto an island. Go round the island until you see a sign for SiteEurope to the right, and 400 yards down European boulevard, you come to another island, and the ibis is on your right. There are two other hotels there, The Suite Hotel, (dearest), The ibis budget(cheapest) basic, and the Ibis. There is loads of parking inside the hotel grounds,with gated access. You can have a meal there, but we always go over the road to site Europe where there are plenty of restaurants to suite all tastes,even a cinema if you can understand French. There is a petrol,diesel station just 50 yards up the road, probably the cheapest in France, cash or card.We have stopped their for around 25 years, and if ‘our’ manager is there, we get free tea. The breakfast is also quite good, around 9 euro, help yourself to as much as you want.We are going ourselves later, if you would like me to ask a few questions for you, i will do my best. Just let me know.

Ian G 7th May 2018 15:28

MGSte and Pete both added to the list..
Thanks Ian

Snetty 8th May 2018 07:31

This looks excellent, could you provisionally put Deb and me down for this.

Ian G 8th May 2018 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snetty (Post 2627873)
This looks excellent, could you provisionally put Deb and me down for this.

Great news mate I've added you to the list, hope you are both keeping well.
Cheers Ian

Snetty 8th May 2018 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2627881)
Great news mate I've added you to the list, hope you are both keeping well.
Cheers Ian

Thanks mate, yes both in (reasonably) fine fettle:D, hope you and Jan are well too.

Jamiewelch 15th May 2018 08:33

I'm tempted with this little trip :). Could you pop my name down for interested :)

Ian G 15th May 2018 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2630343)
I'm tempted with this little trip :). Could you pop my name down for interested :)

Yes of course Jamie name added as requested..
Thanks Ian

Ian G 12th June 2018 08:52

Hi All
I've been asked a couple of times recently if the Holland trip is still going ahead..
Yes it is very much still alive and we will start putting the plans together later in the year.
In the meantime just let us know if you would like to be added to the list there's no firm committment at this stage.

Thanks Ian

Lordy 31st July 2018 18:31

Any ideas what the date be for this for next year?

Still very much like too tag along too this the amount of interest its generated its going too be one hell of a convoy. :D

Just be patient as I'll be spending most of the time at each petrol station. :D

Rick-sta 31st July 2018 19:26

Ian how soon do we think we'd be able to get an idea of dates? As deanna will have to book holidays off work quite early :)

Ian G 31st July 2018 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Rover (Post 2655468)
Any ideas what the date be for this for next year?

Still very much like too tag along too this the amount of interest its generated its going too be one hell of a convoy. :D

Just be patient as I'll be spending most of the time at each petrol station. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2655494)
Ian how soon do we think we'd be able to get an idea of dates? As deanna will have to book holidays off work quite early :)

Hi Guys don't worry I'm on the case..:D:D
I hope to have the date by end of October
The Best of British Show if usually the third weekend in September...BUT I won't know for certain when/if next years event takes place until this years show is over..http://www.classicpark.nl/event/79/best-of-british
I've made contact with the events director and will contact him in October and post details ASAP.

Cheers Ian

Lordy 31st July 2018 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2655523)
The Best of British Show if usually the third weekend in September...BUT I won't know for certain when/if next years event takes place until this years show is over..http://www.classicpark.nl/event/79/best-of-british
I've made contact with the events director and will contact him in October and post details ASAP.

Cheers Ian

I say October sounds good gives us plenty of time and be able too make it too the UK meets as well. :D

LotusLC 3rd August 2018 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2655523)

Cheers Ian

I hope it is stays the 3rd week of September.
Our Kermit will be taking us but it will not be the Kermit we all know now :eek::eek:

peter.goodson 14th August 2018 17:38

Hi

Please can you add myself and my wife Shirley to the list.

Many thanks

Peter Goodson

Ian G 14th August 2018 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter.goodson (Post 2659936)
Hi

Please can you add myself and my wife Shirley to the list.

Many thanks

Peter Goodson

Hello Peter
Yes of course very happy to have you join the trip.
Hopefully there will be some progress to report in the thread in a couple of months.

Regards Ian

Ian G 28th August 2018 20:30

Rover 75 tourer and Kay
Bri and Linda
Names added thanks

ceedy 29th August 2018 09:10

Ian , could you tentativly put us down for this ..

All depends on Merlins health tho' really :duh:

Chris

Ian G 29th August 2018 21:09

[QUOTE=ceedy;2664689]Ian , could you tentativly put us down for this ..

All depends on Merlins health tho' really :duh:

If course I'll add you Chris as I've said several time's there's no commitment needed yet but be great if you can make it.
Cheers Ian

Ian G 22nd September 2018 21:01

Well folks if all goes to plan this time next year you will drinking Dutch lager and eating lots of cheese..
Hope to have some more info for you before Christmas.

Cheers Ian

trikey 22nd September 2018 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian g (Post 2671487)
well folks if all goes to plan this time next year you will drinking dutch lager drinking dutch lager, and drinking dutch lager

:) :) :) :) :) :)

ceedy 23rd September 2018 07:55

I see there's some great theme parks with super rollercoasters in Holland. 😆

phatfiesta75 25th September 2018 23:28

As alot have said can you put us down and I'll see if I can get the time off 👍

Ian G 26th September 2018 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatfiesta75 (Post 2672488)
As alot have said can you put us down and I'll see if I can get the time off 👍

Hello Stephen
I've added you to the list..
This years Best of british Show happened last weekend (23rd) so I'll give the organisors a couple of weeks then contact them.

Cheers Ian

phatfiesta75 27th September 2018 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2672494)
Hello Stephen
I've added you to the list..
This years Best of british Show happened last weekend (23rd) so I'll give the organisors a couple of weeks then contact them.

Cheers Ian

Thanks Ian much appreciated 👍

Ian G 5th October 2018 11:54

Hi Folks
Just an update to let you know that we're still awake..:D:D
I have today contacted Olaf at the Classic Park in the Netherlands to see if a date for 2019 Best of British show is available yet..
Here's a copy of his reply..

Hello Ian,

It’s nice to here that there is so much interest in our event ‘Best of British’. I don’t have the date for 2019 yet but I hope I can tell it to you before the end of October.

Is that okay for you?

Met vriendelijke groet, / With Kind Regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

O.M.L. (Olaf) van Kuijlenburg

So I hope to be able to confirm dates in 2 or 3 weeks.
Don't forget to add your name if you fancy the trip..

Cheers Ian

Ian G 29th October 2018 19:47

Hi Folks
At last some information for you :D:D:D:D
Best of British show date confirmed as 22nd September 2019
So plan will be to travel to Holland via "le shuttle" AM Friday 20th September and return (again via the tunnel) PM Monday 23rd..
I'll try to get prices for hotels and travel put together and posted before Christmas...

Cheers Ian

LotusLC 29th October 2018 20:22

What a relief those are the dates, Holland here we come :D

Rick-sta 30th October 2018 16:49

fantastic :) Just given the dates to Deanna to book off :)

trikey 30th October 2018 18:22

Just putting it out there....

1 Attachment(s)
This might be worth the drive :devil:

LotusLC 30th October 2018 18:56

Kermit going around the Nurbergring , a frog would hop round faster.

Ian G 30th October 2018 19:40

I'd love to take in the Spa 6hr historic race one year.

Captain Crappycrimp 30th October 2018 22:57

But if I go I’d have to remove the “neverbeen” sticker from my car

Ian G 5th November 2018 14:41

Hello all
Just to keep you up to date with whats happening.
I have been in contact with Eurotunnel regarding a group booking for our trip.
Here's the reply from them.

Dear Ian
Thank you for your email.

Our availability is usually released between 10 and 11 months in advance. We are currently selling up until the end of June 2019. I would advise checking online towards the end of the year for September 2019 dates or calling our contact centre on +44 (0) 3457 35 35 35 as we may have more information by then in regards to when the dates will be released.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards

Kate
Sales Support Team
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

With the help from David in Holland we have just started to look at hotels and maybe a Saturday run to somewhere interesting.
More details as we get them
Thanks Ian

Ian G 5th November 2018 19:48

Quote bl52krz
Hi Ian. Can you please add my name to the list for this junket . We normally go down to the Loire in September, but had a word with my wife, and she says as long as we go to Germany next year,it is ok.

Name added as requested David it will be great to have you join in the fun.
Cheers Ian

Pim 5th November 2018 20:35

Hi Guys,

Some pictures of Boxtel last year 2017:

http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name...ewtopic&t=9272

You can also see that David was there. It was a great day; I will probably visit it again next year, as I live in the Netherlands :}.

Well Ian, if your wife wants to go to Germany, this meeting we organize might be interesting as well; https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=288918
Already 46 people signed up - 23 cars - one car (MG ZT V8) from the UK.
Another special car that will attend this meeting is a Rover 75 V8 Tourer LHD, a Dutch car. Only three Rovers 75 V8 Tourers LHD were built; one is in Sweden, one in Switzerland and one in The Netherlands.
You can see this car also in the first link of Boxtel.

Cheers, Pim

bl52krz 6th November 2018 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2671553)
I see there's some great theme parks with super rollercoasters in Holland. ��

If anyone has children, then I suggest that Duinrell near Wassenaar is an ideal place. I think it is a Eurocamp site.There is that much to do and they must have one of the longest tube water rides going. I think it is around a kilometre long. We went with the grandchildren a long time ago, and I think I enjoyed it as much as they did. Plenty of fairground type action and all free if you take up camping in a tent,already set up for you, or in a caravan which we did. Recommend.

Snetty 6th November 2018 16:47

Looking forward to this and hoping everything will fall into place.
We are hoping to take a detour off route to visit at least one of the many war graves sites to pay our respects to those who served our country and never made it home.

Ian G 13th November 2018 13:48

List updated to include dingdong1960.. Thanks Chris

27 cars now :bowdown:keep em coming guys :D:D

Cheers Ian

Rick-sta 13th November 2018 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2686421)
List updated to include dingdong1960.. Thanks Chris

27 cars now :bowdown:keep em coming guys :D:D

Cheers Ian

wow fantastic result :) really looking forward to this .

Nick Greg 13th November 2018 15:16

I don't know if this is relevant but am I right in thinking you can't take an LPG vehicle through the tunnel. Not that I am suggesting anyone is but worth pointing out. Also in my experience the loos are pretty awful on the train so have a good leak before getting on!

Ian G 13th November 2018 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2686441)
I don't know if this is relevant but am I right in thinking you can't take an LPG vehicle through the tunnel. Not that I am suggesting anyone is but worth pointing out. Also in my experience the loos are pretty awful on the train so have a good leak before getting on!

Valid point and yes you are correct Nick, LPG powered vehicles are not permitted to travel on "le shuttle" even if the gas tank is empty..
All this and more will be made perfectly clear before the time comes to start taking the deposits for the trip.
Cheers Ian

Marmy6 15th November 2018 20:16

Hi Ian
I don't think I have put my name down for this yet, subject to costs and dates etc.
thanks
James

Ian G 15th November 2018 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marmy6 (Post 2686991)
Hi Ian
I don't think I have put my name down for this yet, subject to costs and dates etc.
thanks
James

Thanks James
I'll add you to the list mate.
Cheers Ian

Looks like we got us a convoy !!

bl52krz 19th November 2018 22:47

Hi Ian. I know you have suggested that we would leave Blighty on Friday morning. Just wondered if you had any particular time in mind at the moment?

Ian G 20th November 2018 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2688114)
Hi Ian. I know you have suggested that we would leave Blighty on Friday morning. Just wondered if you had any particular time in mind at the moment?

I've no idea until eurotunnel lets me know what time slots will be available for group travel David, and they are unlikely to release them until the end of the year.
Cheers

Ian G 21st November 2018 15:41

Hi All
I've been looking at a suitable location to base our group at for the weekend and at the moment I'm looking around the North Brabant region and the beautiful city of 's-Hertogenbosch (think Sir-toggen-boss) a lovely city in which to spend a day relaxing. https://www.holland.com/global/touri.../den-bosch.htm

Only 15 mins drive from the show at Boxtel and about an hours drive from Arnhem
https://www.holland.com/global/touri...nstein-1-1.htm which I thought could be a good location for a Saturday run.

I'm currently looking at Hotels that have 30 rooms available and will post a couple up when/if I get a reply/price from them.

Cheers Ian

Ian G 21st November 2018 15:52

Sorry duplicate post removed.

championdaddy 22nd November 2018 14:15

This sound a fantastic trip............

Could you please put me down as interested and I'll try to get things together so I can go.

Ian G 22nd November 2018 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 2688701)
This sound a fantastic trip............

Could you please put me down as interested and I'll try to get things together so I can go.

Hi Paul
Hope that you are keeping well mate..
It would be great to have you come along for our little escapade to the Netherlands.
Name added as requested.
Cheers Ian

Ian G 22nd November 2018 21:43

After chatting to Andy (Trikey) tonight we have decided to limit the initial list for the Netherlands trip to 40 names..
If the list gets to 40 we will start a reserve list as i'm sure one or two folk will have to drop out for various reasons..
So if you have been thinking about putting your name down please do it asap..

Cheers Ian/Andy

Ian G 24th November 2018 09:22

Just one reply re hotels so far.
Price shown below is per room per night without breakfast

https://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotel/H...d_id=113074081

Booked status: Under consideration
View Hotel Info
£70.76
GBP per night + 6% taxes
converted from 80,00 EUR
Den Bosch / Sint Michielsgestel De Ruwenberg Hotel Meetings Event
6.34 kilometres from 's Hertogenbosch
Ruwenbergstraat 7 Sint-Michielsgestel Netherlands (NLD) 5271AG Map
Direct bid from the Den Bosch / Sint Michielsgestel De Ruwenberg Hotel Meetings Event.

championdaddy 24th November 2018 11:29

Can I ask..... Will it be down to us to book crossing and hotel......... or will it be down to a group booking thing and to pay the organiser ?

Ian G 24th November 2018 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 2689192)
Can I ask..... Will it be down to us to book crossing and hotel......... or will it be down to a group booking thing and to pay the organiser ?

Hi Paul
We hope to arrange the crossing via "le Shuttle" and hotel booking as a group thus getting (hopefully) a better deal. By making a group (15 vehicles or more) booking with Eurotunnel we will be kept together and loaded as a group.
There is a paypal account in place and when all is sorted it is hoped that folk will be able to spead the cost by paying into this account as and when they can afford it rather than having to find the whole amount in one lump.

Once we get into the new year and costs have been confirmed then the provisonal list will become an attendance list and a deposit will be required to confirm your place on the trip.
Cheers Ian.

championdaddy 24th November 2018 12:19

Awesome......... that would be easier for myself too.

maxi_crawf 25th November 2018 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2688824)
After chatting to Andy (Trikey) tonight we have decided to limit the initial list for the Netherlands trip to 40 names..
If the list gets to 40 we will start a reserve list as i'm sure one or two folk will have to drop out for various reasons..
So if you have been thinking about putting your name down please do it asap..

Cheers Ian/Andy

When you say 40 names do you mean 40 people or 40 cars? I'm just looking at the numbers already on the list.

Ian G 25th November 2018 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2689518)
When you say 40 names do you mean 40 people or 40 cars? I'm just looking at the numbers already on the list.

Sorry Roy.. Looking at it again I could have worded it better... It's 40 cars
Cheers Ian

bl52krz 28th November 2018 22:39

Hi Ian. I have already had a butchers at the De Ruwenberg hotel and it seems they have got196 rooms, single and double rooms. The price I got from Booking.com was £270 for three nights ( fri/sat/sun ).Your price for a group is a good price.

Ian G 28th November 2018 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2690356)
Hi Ian. I have already had a butchers at the De Ruwenberg hotel and it seems they have got196 rooms, single and double rooms. The price I got from Booking.com was £270 for three nights ( fri/sat/sun ).Your price for a group is a good price.

Thanks for the feedback
I thought that was a reasonable price for what looks to be a very pleasant hotel
I invited 4 hotels to quote but only the one reply so far.
Cheers Ian

bl52krz 29th November 2018 10:05

I did notice from the info on their site, that when booked , those that book can cancel, but it must take place one month before the date of residence, and that no deposit is taken. Can we not book as soon as possible to take advantage of what appears to be a good offer, based on what Booking,com is asking.

Reebs 29th November 2018 10:29

Ian, now you have the dates I've added them to your thread title for folk :}

This sounds like a great run abroad, I would have taken the V8, but I've just checked the dates and I'll be working on the Rugby World Cup coverage which starts on 20th :duh:

Ian G 6th December 2018 14:27

I have had a reply from euro tunnel.. Could you ALL please read copied email and let me know if you think your vehicle will not comply..
Thanks Ian

Dear Ian

We can confirm we are able to provide you with a quote for your planned journey. Before doing so please may we ask if any of the vehicles require our single deck shuttle. Our double deck shuttle can carry vehicles up to 1.85m high and up to a maximum of 1.90m wide. If the vehicles are higher, wider or have low ground clearance these would need to be booked as high cars to allow loading space.

Please advise if any of the vehicles require our single deck shuttle.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind regards,
Sarah
Sales Support Team
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

championdaddy 6th December 2018 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2692251)
I have had a reply from euro tunnel.. Could you ALL please read copied email and let me know if you think your vehicle will not comply..
Thanks Ian

Dear Ian

We can confirm we are able to provide you with a quote for your planned journey. Before doing so please may we ask if any of the vehicles require our single deck shuttle. Our double deck shuttle can carry vehicles up to 1.85m high and up to a maximum of 1.90m wide. If the vehicles are higher, wider or have low ground clearance these would need to be booked as high cars to allow loading space.

Kind regards,
Sarah
Sales Support Team
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

Mine is a standard ZT saloon on standard springs. So no special requirements needed here

Rick-sta 6th December 2018 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2692251)
Thanks Ian

Dear Ian

Kind regards,
Sarah
Sales Support Team
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

Ground clearance could potentially be an issue with mine as it's lowered and also has a splitter on the front.

championdaddy 6th December 2018 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692279)
Ground clearance could potentially be an issue with mine as it's lowered and also has a splitter on the front.

Cuh.... some people are so needy. :snowball1:

Ian G 6th December 2018 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692279)

Ground clearance in mm at lowest point please Rick..
Cheers

trikey 6th December 2018 19:28

Makes me want to build something different just to be awkward :)

Rick-sta 6th December 2018 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 2692290)
Cuh.... some people are so needy. :snowball1:

Sorry i had to be " the one " lol

Quote:

Ground clearance in mm at lowest point please Rick..
Cheers
I'll try take measurements tomorrow Ian if it doesnt rain all day again. If I forget ping me a message, been a bit forgetful lately where i've been really busy.

trikey 6th December 2018 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692322)

I'll try take measurements tomorrow Ian if it doesnt rain all day again. If I forget ping me a message, been a bit forgetful lately where i've been really busy.

60psi in the tyres should get you 3-4mm more Rick :)

Ian G 6th December 2018 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2692322)

OK Rick
I suspect that you will be OK as it's the same spec as redfive and I got onto the Cowes chain ferry at low tide with that :icon_lol:

Ian G 7th December 2018 13:13

Just found this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UIkqN88kPs
From 5min 25sec you will see the slope to the upper deck.
Can't see this being a problem guys.
Cheers Ian

bl52krz 8th December 2018 09:41

We have been travelling on the shuttle for years with a four people in and a full boot, and I mean a full boot, and never had any problems.when you go down the ramp to get on the shuttle, I have seen that they appear to look at you (the car) and seem to ask about something? May be ground clearance, and then send you ‘downstairs’. Most times we go ‘upstairs’ and apart from the fact that you have to ‘get your eye in’ on the width clearance at the top, you can not see the deck you are driving onto, no problems so far. There is someone who will direct you to your parking space, hold back a bit because once or twice we have seen people up the back of the car in front, and they have had to come backwards out into the carriage behind. Really there are no probs whatever. I make a bet with you how smooth it is. Do not look through the windows at the side of the carriage, and tell me when it has started to move. You will not be able to it is so smooth when pulling away. Make sure you put it in first gear, and put your handbrake on. Put your lights off. Lie back and have a rest for 30 minutes Any gas containers and you will not be allowed on,or gas dual fuel cars. Just a bit of caution. Keep away from the gutter on either side, it is metal and will ruin your nice wheels if you hit it.The only problem I can see is coming back from Calais because they don’t seem to be as efficient as they are here. All in all, happy travelling, better than the ferry..

Ched 9th December 2018 17:53

Could you put Karen and myself down for this please Ian?

Ian G 9th December 2018 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2693195)
Could you put Karen and myself down for this please Ian?

Names added as requested David it will be great to have you join us.
That's 30 cars now !!!
Thanks Ian

Ian G 12th December 2018 15:29

Please read the Eurotunnel quote below in full
It's only valid if a deposit is paid by 9th january but it gives us an idea of cost..
But it's now time to get a bit more serious about whos going and whos not going. To achieve a reasonable price for hotel and Le Shuttle I feel we need to look at booking by end of February latest..
At the moment the total cost of hotel and travel is around £330 per couple based on 2 people sharing If you are a single traveller then you may save money if you are happy to share a twin room with another person

In order to get the trip booked ASAP as cheap nas possible I feel that it's not unreasonable to ask for some commitment from those wanting to go on the Netherlands trip.. So if you want to remain on the list let me know by the by end of January and a deposit will be required by mid February..
PLEASE NOTE..I don't want to upset folk but I'm not going to chase anyone for a reply so if you have not responded by end of January your name will be removed from the list..
Thanks Ian

Dear Ian

RE: Group Travel Request ROVERS & MGS TO HOLLAND
Reference SW00284333
Thank you for your enquiry concerning your group booking. We understand that you are the group leader for this booking.

Eurotunnel offers the fastest, most reliable and easiest way to take your vehicle across the Channel and we are pleased to be able to offer your group a Group Booking Rate of 112.00 GBP per vehicle (or as listed below), based on 30 vehicles travelling;

Folkestone-Calais 20/09/19 at 08:20
Calais-Folkestone 23/09/19 at 17:50

This offer is only valid for the fare, dates and times shown above and is valid until 09/01/2019. Amendments to this quotation may result in a new quote and may be subject to additional supplements.

Eurotunnel fares are calculated upon the demands on our service. The further ahead you book, the lower the fares. As more bookings are made the fares will increase. Therefore during our busy days we are not always able to offer a discount. However if you confirm your acceptance of our offer within 28 days your agreed Group Booking Fare will be applied to the whole group. The fare has been calculated to include any increases based on current capacity and then divided equally based on the number of vehicles advised. If you have any enquiries about this offer we have a dedicated team of specialists to help with your booking details and administration.

Please read the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle terms and conditions attached. By making your bookings you will be confirming your acceptance of them.

A non-refundable deposit of 50% for each booking is required to reserve the spaces for your group, with the full balance due 12 weeks before travel or at the time of booking if booked less than 12 weeks before travel.

Changes to the number of vehicles after the deposit has been made will result in the loss of the non- refundable deposit for those bookings concerned.
All high performance vehicles, sports cars and vehicles with a low ground clearance cannot be reserved to our double deck carriages and will require space to be reserved on our single deck carriages, which have a wider vehicle track width of 2650mm. This type of vehicles must be notified to us before the deposit is paid to ensure the correct space is available.
Our conditions of carriage address these issues and it is important that we bring them to your attention. Please also ensure that you make the members of your group aware of them.

Currently space is available for the number of vehicles you have specified. However space is only reserved, subject to availability, once you confirm your acceptance of Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Terms& Conditions and the relevant payment is cleared.

Rev Jules 12th December 2018 17:35

Hi Ian many thanks for the update, what sort of deposit do you need, and who to.

Julien

Ian G 12th December 2018 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2693996)

Hi Ian many thanks for the update, what sort of deposit do you need, and who to.

Julien

Hi Jules
When the numbers have been finalised at the end of January details will be sent to those who's names remain on the list by PM.. Deposit is likely to be 50% of Le Shuttle cost + £20...

Cheers Ian

trikey 12th December 2018 19:42

Read and understood Ian :xmas-smiley-008:

Bluejon 12th December 2018 20:33

Cheers Ian,all good,many thanks for the latest heads up,very much appreciated,take care love to Jan.

Best Wishes.....Jan & John:christmas::Mrs_Claus::xmas-smiley-008::xmas-smiley-008::smiley::christmas:

bl52krz 12th December 2018 22:37

Thanks for the update Ian. That is a good price. We usually pay around 70 odd£ per crossing, £150 for both ways, so that is a good price. Hope we can get the 30 vehicles.

bl52krz 12th December 2018 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2694001)
Hi Jules
When the numbers have been finalised at the end of January details will be sent to those who's names remain on the list by PM.. Deposit is likely to be 50% of Le Shuttle cost + £20...

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian You say that you will let us know by the end of January. Do we not have to let them know and pay a deposit by 9th January 2019? And the rest by June 20th 2019? By the way I am ‘in’

Rick-sta 12th December 2018 23:02

Cheers Ian so is the total cost so far £330 + £112 ?

Ian G 12th December 2018 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2694097)
Hi Ian You say that you will let us know by the end of January. Do we not have to let them know and pay a deposit by 9th January 2019? And the rest by June 20th 2019?

I had to give Eurotunnel a number to get a rough idea of price but I'll be surprised if we get 30 cars.
The plan is to find out who is serious about going and then ask for another quote for both tunnel and hotel with firm numbers in early Feb, I admit it's a bit chicken and egg but the best idea I could come up with.
Cheers

Rick-sta 12th December 2018 23:07

Myself and deanna are definitely in :) with 1 car :)

Ian G 12th December 2018 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2694100)
Cheers Ian so is the total cost so far £330 + £112 ?

No Rick as stated the £330 is the estimated total for travel and hotel based on 30 cars making the trip and 30 hotel rooms
Best hotel quote received was a little over £70 per room per night for 3 nights add the return shuttle @£112.
Of course you need to add the cost of fuel, food, travel insurance etc etc but all I'm concerned with is shuttle and hotel the rest is up to the individual traveller.
Cheers

Ian G 12th December 2018 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2694097)
Hi Ian You say that you will let us know by the end of January. Do we not have to let them know and pay a deposit by 9th January 2019? And the rest by June 20th 2019? By the way I am ‘in’

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2694103)
Myself and deanna are definitely in :) with 1 car :)

Thanks both thats the sort of concise reply I'm looking for..
Once confirmed I'll turn the names red on the list.
Ta Ian

Rev Jules 13th December 2018 08:11

Hi Ian.

We will have to arrange a hotel this side the night before we go, also coming back,

Cheers.
Rev

LotusLC 13th December 2018 09:37

Myself and Lydia are also a deffo for the trip Ian.

bl52krz 13th December 2018 09:58

Hi Jules. I don’t think you will need to book a hotel on the way back in GB. Don’t forget that European time is one hour in front of ours. Therefore we will actually ‘land’ in GB approximately 25 minutes before we leave Calais (17.25)5.30pm say in our time. Unfortunately we will hit lots of traffic on the way to Dartford or if you use M40/M42 , it’s a given.Of course if you do book a hotel, you can then please yourself what time you start back and miss all the traffic.I will probably go to the Ashford Retail outlet for a quick meal and a look round, and start back around 7.00/7.30pm to arrive home around 11.00pm.

Ian G 13th December 2018 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2694159)

Hi Ian.

We will have to arrange a hotel this side the night before we go, also coming back,

Cheers.
Rev

I intend to do the same Jules probably be a Premier Inn a few miles from the tunnel.
It will also give us somewhere to gather as a group before heading to Le Shuttle.
Cheers Ian

Rev Jules 13th December 2018 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2694181)
Hi Jules. I don’t think you will need to book a hotel on the way back in GB. Don’t forget that European time is one hour in front of ours. Therefore we will actually ‘land’ in GB approximately 25 minutes before we leave Calais (17.25)5.30pm say in our time. Unfortunately we will hit lots of traffic on the way to Dartford or if you use M40/M42 , it’s a given.Of course if you do book a hotel, you can then please yourself what time you start back and miss all the traffic.I will probably go to the Ashford Retail outlet for a quick meal and a look round, and start back around 7.00/7.30pm to arrive home around 11.00pm.

Its alright for all you youngsters, coming home we have 190 mile trip to the tunnel and if we were to do what you suggest we will then have another 190 mile trip home, and to get around the M25/A1 at that time of night is a no! n! for us.

Rev

Rev Jules 13th December 2018 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2694206)
I intend to do the same Jules probably be a Premier Inn a few miles from the tunnel.
It will also give us somewhere to gather as a group before heading to Le Shuttle.
Cheers Ian

Hi Ian We have managed to book into the premier on line post code CT19 4AP. 19/09/2019, and on the way home 23/09/2019.

Rev

bl52krz 14th December 2018 10:18

Jules. I like you. The ‘yungster’ Bit was the clincher. ����I will have a similar distance to travel, 212 miles, but I don’t mind.���� When you have driven a hgv 400 miles in a day, it’s no problem. Also drove all the way back from LeMans race circuit overnight to home non stop 10 years ago. Was a bit tired I must admit.could not and would not do it now though. Will see if I can get in that hotel also, just for going.

championdaddy 14th December 2018 10:26

I'm going to have to back out I'm afraid......

I will have no-one to look after the kids while I'm away.......

As their mother (my ex) can't ..... ( or rather won't).....have them.

bl52krz 14th December 2018 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 2694417)

Thats a shame.

Ian G 14th December 2018 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by championdaddy (Post 2694417)

OK Paul
Sorry to hear that mate.
Cheers Ian

bl52krz 14th December 2018 21:56

Hi Ian. Just booked at the Premier near the shuttle.

Ian G 14th December 2018 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2694579)
Hi Ian. Just booked at the Premier near the shuttle.

Lets hope we get some more confirmations from the list then.. There needs to be a minimum of 15 for a group booking.

Cheers

macafee2 15th December 2018 09:53

I'll watch this thread

macafee2

Ched 16th December 2018 17:03

We're still up for this. :xmas-smiley-008:

maxi_crawf 16th December 2018 19:55

Put me down for this :)

andy willi 17th December 2018 18:39

put me and lynda down as we are going to this

where do i pay for it

andy

Ian G 17th December 2018 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy willi (Post 2695156)
put me and lynda down as we are going to this

where do i pay for it

andy

Hi Andy
PM replied to mate and list updated.
Cheers Ian

Ian G 18th December 2018 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snetty (Post 2684617)
Looking forward to this and hoping everything will fall into place.
We are hoping to take a detour off route to visit at least one of the many war graves sites to pay our respects to those who served our country and never made it home.

Hi Adi
Thanks for the update and I've replied to your text mate. I have added you and Deb to the confirmed numbers but I'm aware that things may change before the deposit is due.
I'm hoping to add a Saturday run to the "Bridge too Far" at Arnhem as part of the weekend.

Cheers Ian

macafee2 19th December 2018 16:41

Forgive me but I to get my head round this
Is this the plan?
meet at a premier inn (cherry Garden Lane Folkstone) Thursday 19th September.
catch train 20th September to France and drive to 's-Hertogenbosch ?
catch train 23rd back to uk?

Is the 23rd a drive back from 's-Hertogenbosch ?
If I were to break off on the 23rd and head for Amsterdam would that be ok?

macafee2

Ian G 19th December 2018 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2695721)
Forgive me but I to get my head round this
Is this the plan?
meet at a premier inn (cherry Garden Lane Folkstone) Thursday 19th September.
catch train 20th September to France and drive to 's-Hertogenbosch ?
catch train 23rd back to uk?

Is the 23rd a drive back from 's-Hertogenbosch ?
If I were to break off on the 23rd and head for Amsterdam would that be ok?

macafee2

Pretty much as you say above However if you plan to divert away from the group and extend your stay to visit Amsterdam then I would suggest you make your own booking for travel and then meet the group in Holland, the group booking for Le Shuttle will be out and back at set times IE Folkstone to Calais 08.20 on 20th Sept and Calais to Folkstone 17.50 on the 23rd September. (the dates and times shown are for example only)
I can still include you with the group booking for the hotel accommodation.
Ian

mgste 20th December 2018 17:47

Trip

Please put me down Ian :)

Ian G 20th December 2018 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgste (Post 2696067)
Please put me down Ian :)

i have turned you red Steve.. Just in time for Christmas:smiley:
Have a good one mate.
Cheers Ian

bl52krz 20th December 2018 21:43

Almost halfway there.

Ian G 24th December 2018 09:55

Just a pre Christmas bump to remind folks who are on the provisional list for the UK to Holland trip that in order to get the best prices for hotel and travel we need confirmed numbers by the end of January.
Thanks for supporting this event and wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Cheers Ian
:xmas-smiley-007:
:xmas-smiley-045:

bl52krz 2nd January 2019 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2598028)
Hi everyone and I know that 2017 is not long gone and 2018 has only just begun.. BUT can I draw your attention to 2019 for a few minutes..
Would anyone be interested in joining Trikey, Debz, Jan and myself for a long weekend in Holland in 2019 to visit the Best of British car show at Boxtel near Eindhoven and maybe meet up with a few of our European 75 and ZT owners.
There are no details to give yet as this is just the first toe in the water to see if anyone else is interested in joining us for a little Dutch adventure .
Cheers Ian

Double-Dutcher's[/B]
RED = Confirmed attendees

(14 cars)

actros
Trikey & Bluebird
Jules and Dawn
Ian G & Jan G
Bluejon & Silvervixen
LotusLC
Rick-sta & Deanna
bl52krz
Ched and Karen
maxi_crawf
Bri and Linda
andy willi
Snetty and Deb
MGSte

Possibles
keithst24
Lord Rover
GordyB
Rover 75 tourer & Kay
Phil63 & Angie
GJ53 DGO
GIEDRIUSR75
Confronted
Pete
Jamiewelch
peter.goodson & Shirley
Ceedy and Liz
phatfiesta75
dingdong1960
Marmy6

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Well lads, we are into the new year now. We have got 14 cars on the list for this jaunt so far, so come on you uncommitted at the moment people, let’s give Ian G a chance to get us a good price for the shuttle and any hotels on the continent where we could stay. The earlier we get in, the cheaper it will be.

elefsis 6th January 2019 21:00

I would love to join this trip assuming I am still breathing at the time.l will be coming in my Monogram Rover 75 cdti Nocturne special metallic. I will be on my own at the moment.

Ian G 7th January 2019 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by elefsis (Post 2700346)
I would love to join this trip assuming I am still breathing at the time.l will be coming in my Monogram Rover 75 cdti Nocturne special metallic. I will be on my own at the moment.

Thanks for the interest John
(It's only 35 weeks away so with luck your breath will hold out mate...lol)
Name added as requested
Cheers Ian

We're getting there slowly, thats 15 cars for the trip confirmed.
14 via the tunnel and 1 via ferry.
I need minimum 15 confirmed to go forward with a Eurotunnel group booking.
Cut off date for this trip is firm for 00.00 31st January.
Details of deposits etc will then be sent via PM to those traveling by end of February.
Ta