The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Saved By Marinabrian (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278916)

WillyHeckaslike 2nd February 2018 10:16

Saved By Marinabrian

I had the pleasure of meeting Brian this week after he travelled across the region at the shortest of notice to try save my Rover 25. Although cranking it refused to start and I was out of ideas, plus the pressure was on with the car on the street and its tax due to expire. Its end looked nigh. :sad3:

He arrived in the evening and he worked in the cold and the dark with an enthusiasm which seemed to have no boundaries. It was heart-warming to watch as he pitted his knowledge and his box of tricks against the problem. The crunch came after he reprogrammed the engine ECU with a newer map ... and? BINGO! :party: :D

He came to save it and save it he did. It sailed through its mot and it is now back in use. Many thanks Brian from yet another very grateful owner and even my little Rover 25 seems to have a smile on its face now too. :bowdown:

LotusLC 2nd February 2018 10:44

He is a star, and was probably repaired in just a t shirt and jeans :D

marinabrian 2nd February 2018 10:57

That's fab Steve :D

Hopefully the little lad's slumber can now be interrupted by returning to active service.

It was nice to meet you and put a face to the name, and I sorted out a couple of 17TN plips, to have in the box of tricks next time I'm on your side of the water.

I do love a happy ending though, your 25 is a nice example, and it would have been sacrilege to scrap it.

Brian :cool:

coab 2nd February 2018 11:20

Who is this Brain bloke?:zap:
:D

Groundhog 2nd February 2018 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by coab (Post 2591367)
Who is this Brain bloke?:zap:
:D

God asks the same question ;)

pletevl 2nd February 2018 13:01

What was wrong with the car ?

I can't believe it wasn't working because it needed an ECU update.

Pete.

ps, I want to know because we have a 25 and a ZR and 2 TFs

myfirstrover 2nd February 2018 14:36

:} You're not the first to be rescued by Brian and hopefully not the last , we really would be up a well known creek without a paddle without him !

Master 2nd February 2018 16:42

Brian is the OC's very own 3rd emergency service....

GordyB 2nd February 2018 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusLC (Post 2591360)
He is a star, and was probably repaired in just a t shirt and jeans :D

Shorts and a vest, or maybe muscle man T shirt - it's nearly spring man :D

murphyv310 2nd February 2018 21:32

Hi.
Of thousands of people I I have met in my life I have to put Brian in the top ten and perhaps right at the top.
He is generous to a tee, helpful and very knowledgable not only that a nice guy with no malice or hidden quirks.
I just wish the rest of the human race was like him.

Always be the same Brian, good fortune to you. You certainly made a mark on me.
Take care