The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

ceedy 26th February 2022 07:07

Sun came out...
So popped out. ..and about 2 hours, mostly faffing about getting at it for what is a a 2min swap job.

So finally fitted the DMGRS 2-4 solenoid I bought 4 years ago .:o

But all in and the box is smooth again.

Took the end off the solenoid to find The problem..

Centre Should be connected to either or both the others :duh:

C

simondhopkins 26th February 2022 15:51

Brakes

Fitted new pads and discs on all four corners.

Noted the front droplink on left is leaking, already have the part but ran out of time today to do that so that's next Saturday.

Also noted the front left has the disc back plate completely missing, front right is crusty too so will be getting a pair fitted.

patrolman pete 26th February 2022 16:13

Had a wasted afternoon trying to fix a fault on the Connie. After my Scottish road trip holiday ,I have mostly been using my tourer to have some comfort. However last night we had a night at the pictures to see the new film 'The Duke' with Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren ( very funny film and a true story ) and when driving the Connie I notice a drone that is the typical sound of a wheel bearing. Today I checked the rear bearings to start with and found the o/s/r to be the issue. To make it a quick job , I rang the local ECP where I get a trade discount and choked at the price of £70 . I opened the box at the counter to find oily finger prints over the new part . As it was the only one in stock I said I'll chance it but I'm not happy.

I cleaned the back plate corrosion, fitted the part and went for a road test. The abs light was on within 10 feet ! I went for a drive anyway and the drone had gone but I came straight home and removed the part and refitted my old one again and headed back to the shop to complain and the abs light went out.

I got a refund and will order a hub from another supplier :mad:

goltho 26th February 2022 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrolman pete (Post 2922160)
....removed the part and refitted my old one again and headed back to the shop to complain and the abs light went out

Not changed a rear bearing on a 75 yet so may not be relevant, but recently changed a front one on a Pug 307 with ABS. Turns out I fitted it the wrong way round as it has an integrated magnetic ring, and of course got the ABS fault. Had to press it all back out & reverse it. Just a thought.

ECP are buggas for putting used/soiled stuff out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrolman pete (Post 2922160)
...we had a night at the pictures to see the new film 'The Duke' with Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren ( very funny film and a true story )

Loved the film. Very funny and also moving in bits. Jim Broadbent was born & brung up in a hamlet 4 miles from our property. Still is involved in local theatre.

Dougie.

Bazzateer 26th February 2022 16:24

Pulled the stereo on the ZT in the hope of finding a code written thereon. No such luck.
Posted a thread in the ICE forum asking for advice on obtaining a code.
Baz

Phil MG 26th February 2022 16:34

Today i fitted my New Zenon Headlights as supplied by the Ricksta,DRL's with amber flashing turn signal and 4x 6000k Zenon lights.very happy with the product and all went smoothly.
Whilst the bumper was off i fitted a shedder plate as supplied by DMGRS as it's a diesel ZT and i do a few motorway miles,at £3.50 it was worth it.
I then moved onto the PCV filter,taking my time as i removed the various components to get to the PCV,i also had a spare set of diesel return connectors in brass, in case i broke any of the plastic return connectors,but didn't need them.
Feeling good as i finished all the jobs and didn't brake anything and didn't have any bolts or screws left over:hurray::driving:

FLYING BANANA 26th February 2022 16:48

Finally got round to fitting the LED rear bulbs, supplied by Rick-sta, on the Bear.

Plus gave both cars a good wash.

sewerman 26th February 2022 17:09

Finally after 2 weekends of rain fit the new handbrake retaining pin from the back. Used a sierra 32mm pin and retaining washer works a treat. Test drive tomorrow and check the handbrake adjustment after.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Southern Star 26th February 2022 17:11

Gave the door shuts and hinges and boot hinges and shuts a liberal squirt of kitchen degreaser worked in with a paint brush then rinsed off.

Cleaned all of the exterior door rubber trim and then polished it all with Turtle Wax "Back to Black".

Ordered some grommets for the roof rails.

Dried out the boot a bit and started investigating the water ingress issues.

75driver 26th February 2022 18:09

Got a new mot on RKZ…at last.🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk