The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DVLA Frustrating ! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319071)

Norman2CV 10th May 2022 08:23

DVLA Frustrating !

It has been several weeks since I bought my lovely Damson Red 75 from the widow of the Gentleman owner, it was his pride and joy and the condition shows this. After some basic servicing and minor jobs it passed the MOT with no advisories and I intended to put some tax on it and enjoy using it. However the V5 could not be found so some weeks ago I applied for another, sent off a V62 and £25 but after not receiving one I managed to speak to DVLA on the phone who tell me it could be another 6 weeks !
So frustrating, the car is still sat in my yard and can not be driven !

Lagetha 10th May 2022 08:40

I bought my 75 just over a month ago. It was previously in the DISABLED tax class, so I couldn't tax it online, and had to do this at a Post Office. A couple of days ago I received an acknowledgement of my wish to transfer ownership to myself, and that a V5 in my name will follow in the next 1-2 weeks.

dave lincs 10th May 2022 08:41

Check online and see if a v5 has been issued if so just apply for replacement they usually arrive within a week

Martin Butler 10th May 2022 14:28

i had a similar situation with my 75, In my case the previous owner lost the V5, so, I had to go down the v62 Route, and couldn't tax it, until they had done the log book change, a wait of 6 weeks, and nothing can be done, until they have changed the registered owner. and I had to store it round on a friends drive. for the whole time.

Bazzateer 10th May 2022 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagetha (Post 2931435)
I bought my 75 just over a month ago. It was previously in the DISABLED tax class, so I couldn't tax it online, and had to do this at a Post Office. A couple of days ago I received an acknowledgement of my wish to transfer ownership to myself, and that a V5 in my name will follow in the next 1-2 weeks.

Same with my ZT, seamless process and once finished at the PO I was fine to drive it.

Heddy 10th May 2022 20:44

I imported my Golf from the I.O.M, re registered here, asked for a UK log book...6 weeks. They insisted I taxed it for 12 months too.

Norman2CV 10th May 2022 20:49

Some progress, I just found out that DVLA has written to the Gentleman's widow to ask who the new owner of the car is, so I guess something is happening. The car is sat in my yard with 2CVs and Ferguson tractors and has been admired several times by the most unexpected people. I dont really have anything modern in my yard but in a strange way the stylish 75 sort of fits in !

VVC-Geeza 11th May 2022 16:01

I was listening to a radio phone in yesterday about prolonged delays people were experiencing both with the DVLA and the passport office.It was blamed solely on the number of staff still unnecessarily working from home.