The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   BBC and the No 10 party (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316745)

SCP440 8th December 2021 06:48

BBC and the No 10 party

Here I go again about the BBC, everytime I turn the radio or TV on and the BBC are still going on about that party, yes it was bad but there is a lot of other stuff going on in the wourld and all they seem to be bothered about is a party.

Yesterday there was also the ''Whistle Blower'' about how bad they handled the Afganistan evacuation, they had a picture of him on the news, he looked like some one who had been on a youth opportunity program.

The BBC need to stop giving out all this negative propaganda contiuosly and start doing there job.

mbev51 8th December 2021 07:31

As for the party, is it one rule for no10 and another for everyone else? You think that’s ok? Matt Hancock didn’t get away with it, and paid the price. I believe in the scrutiny, it ultimately allows us to make sensible decisions at the ballot box. The difficulty is latching on to what is true. I will certainly tune in today to PM’s question time.

MissMoppet 8th December 2021 07:43

Apart from reinforcing what most of us already knew: that we have a PM who lies for the sake of it - there was a solicitor on TV last night saying he has five students facing £10,000 fines for holding a party. That's probably of relevance.

SD1too 8th December 2021 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2911369)
... the BBC are still going on about that party, yes it was bad but there is a lot of other stuff going on in the world ...

:wot:

Yes, for example the scandalous incompetence of Social Services who failed to rescue Arthur and many other children before him.

It's not only the BBC Steve, it's popular journalism. The newspapers and ITV are at it as well.

Simon

Twisterboy 8th December 2021 08:02

One reason why I hardly watch the Beeb, only really watch it for one programme and one that comes on every so often, spend more time on Youtube watching videos and getting news in bitesize chunks.

MSS 8th December 2021 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2911369)
Here I go again about the BBC, everytime I turn the radio or TV on and the BBC are still going on about that party, yes it was bad but there is a lot of other stuff going on in the wourld and all they seem to be bothered about is a party.

Yesterday there was also the ''Whistle Blower'' about how bad they handled the Afganistan evacuation, they had a picture of him on the news, he looked like some one who had been on a youth opportunity program.

The BBC need to stop giving out all this negative propaganda contiuosly and start doing there job.

The BBC is there to report the news and analyse key events. If the top tiers of the government flout the very same laws that they are asking the general public to abide by then this is a matter of public interest. It is very much of public interest given the restrictions just introduced by the same government (restrictions which I support). It is evidently of interest to a number of posters here including myself. The BBC is doing its job!

To use your own words, have you considered the negativity and propaganda you put out in your regular anti-BBC posts? :icon_rolleyes::icon_lol:

KWIL 8th December 2021 09:33

The staff at No 10 are there to work for and support the operation of the PM's office. They are NOT the top tier of Government. they are but "officers" ie in an office. It is they who may lack responsibility.

roverbarmy 8th December 2021 09:47

The media are just toxic. I remember Bruce Forsyth, many years ago, being hounded by the media and he said "The only thing that you can believe is the date on the top of the page........... and maybe you need to double check that too!"

I am sickened by the amount on negativity in the world today. We need cheering up for goodness sake. Whatever happened to entertainment? Where are the comedians that make us laugh because they were funny rather than these foul mouthed folks who just cause embarassment. It seems that the only way they can get a laugh is at somebody else's expense. Rant over!

If I worked at No. 10, I would need a party to cheer me up! Let's face it, it wasn't a "party" really was it? Depends on your idea of a party! "Yes minister!":laugh:

mbev51 8th December 2021 10:10

Tune in at 12 o’clock.

MSS 8th December 2021 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2911406)
The staff at No 10 are there to work for and support the operation of the PM's office. They are NOT the top tier of Government. they are but "officers" ie in an office. It is they who may lack responsibility.

Are you suggesting that 'the staff' at number 10 would have held a party at the PM's office/home without authorisation by the PM?

If so, this is laughable!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: