The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Please help.... **SORTED** (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=246889)

James.uk 12th June 2016 19:14

Please help.... **SORTED**

I keep getting this page up when i try to go to most webpages:-

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to www.bing.com. Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Learn more…
Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

I have tried to solve this online by asking how too, but I can't get to the replies!!!! it has taken me ages to get to our club forums, it also blocks ie..

I am NOT a PC techie, but can follow simple instructions.. :o... I am running WinXPPro SP3, thank you.. :}.

(it is possible that I can't get back to this thread.... in which case I happily give all our members permission to pass on my email and or phone number to help sort his, thanks again..)

Ravinder 12th June 2016 19:31

Can you get onto any other site? Google, yahoo etc. What internet browser are you using I've windows explorer? Google Crome? Mozilla firefox?

James.uk 12th June 2016 19:38

I can get onto most major sites, for EG bing or google home pages and ask questions, but i cant get to any of the separate reply sites... it's as if WinXP itself has a hitch somewhere.. :shrug:

I have tried Firefox IE and Yahoo, all are effected... :(

Secure Connection Failed Does seem to be a fairly common problem, just wish i could read the cure...

I have run my anti virus/ malware progs, and nothing found. :o

James.uk 12th June 2016 21:03

Bimp .. innit... :-)

Ravinder 12th June 2016 23:09

From what I've read online, it appears to be a Firefox issue. I would use another internet browser for the the time being such as internet explorer or Good Crome.

James.uk 12th June 2016 23:23

I am getting the warning on every site I go to using internet explorer, but it does open the pages......

Thank you for your help Sir..

clf 13th June 2016 00:04

try this James

Google Search

When you get errors try going to google and enter the eror statement, any time I have had issues, Google triumphs ;)

Looking at the first response in the google search yields a temporary fix, albeit with slightly reduced security.

HERE

an excerpt

you can temporarily work around the issue and turn off ocsp stapling: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling. double-click it and change its value to false.
since this will slightly lower your security, it is important however, that after a bit of time when the issue gets resolved by the site (maybe try again in 24 hours), you go back and switch the setting to "true" again!

with another potential solution here

James.uk 13th June 2016 03:17

tried fix "A" but file security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling does not exist? :shrug:

Will now try fix 2... :) Now tried fix "2" but that also advises altering the non existing file = security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling. ???? :shrug:

Thank you for your help though. :}

PS, I had tried google search but I couldn't (can't) open any of the sites containg the required informatiom!!!!!! dohhh.......

murphyv310 13th June 2016 07:08

Hi James.
I'm wondering if the problem might be due to XP being a well out of date OS now. Are you running any anti virus programs that are out of date or not been updated?
The lack of support is quite worrying for XP now and as we know any Windows OS can be quite vulnerable to attack so firewalls and virus protection are important.
I still use XP on one machine for Car software and Radio stuff but I never connect it to the internet.

James, if you just to basic things with your PC, likes of music, photos, documents and internet why not move over to Linux, you don't need virus protection and a lot of add ons, plus most of the OS (Mint, up to the latest 18) comes with Firefox and a good mail program Thunderbird.
If you stick with XP though I'd be wary on the net if you get this sorted out. Perhaps run restore which may help.
Good luck.

Ravinder 13th June 2016 08:49

It may be worth completely uninstalling Firefox and see if the problem goes away. If you decide to do this, just make sure you have any favourites are all backups up or noted.