The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Missing from the tourer boot (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292349)

chillyphil 28th January 2019 18:07

Missing from the tourer boot

Hi,

I've bought my first tourer, it's a ZT 190, looking for some info on what the boot should contain.

On the Nearside there is a set of straps, looks like it should hold something, anything special?

Looking under the load area, I have an emergency temporary wheel. On top of this is a round, deep moulding which looks like it should contain something which is missing, Does anyone know what should be in there?

Also, is there space to put in a full size straight instead of the emergency, without fouling the moulding?

There is also a series of moulded polystyrene pieces with slots containing the Jack etc.

It has most of the items I think, but there is an empty square at the furthest point from the boot lid, what should be there?

Also, on the left, when facing the boot, in the polystyrene moulding, there is a hard plastic, two part moulded thing, is this part of the Jack, or has it some other strange use?

Phil

Robti 28th January 2019 19:27

Also, on the left, when facing the boot, in the polystyrene moulding, there is a hard plastic, two part moulded thing, is this part of the Jack, or has it some other strange use?
wheel chocks, spin them through 180 and you get a big triangle for wedging under the wheel
It has most of the items I think, but there is an empty square at the furthest point from the boot lid, what should be there?
if this is in the tailgate its for the emergency red triangle
Also, is there space to put in a full size straight instead of the emergency, without fouling the moulding?
No a full size will not fit without some modification to the moulding

suffolk boy 29th January 2019 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillyphil (Post 2706407)
Hi,

I've bought my first tourer, it's a ZT 190, looking for some info on what the boot should contain.

On the Nearside there is a set of straps, looks like it should hold something, anything special?

Looking under the load area, I have an emergency temporary wheel. On top of this is a round, deep moulding which looks like it should contain something which is missing, Does anyone know what should be in there?

There is also a series of moulded polystyrene pieces with slots containing the Jack etc.

Phil

must be quite early the straps in the side load space are for holding bottles etc to stop them rolling around later deleted .the square hole at the top is for a bulb kit.aldi do kits from time to time that fit perfect but i am sure there are others that will do.

macafee2 29th January 2019 08:16

I can only vouch for a CDTI tourer, if you get rid of the deep "polystyrene" moulding that sits on top of the spare wheel and use a moulding that goes around the top edges of the spare wheel well you can have a full size spare without issue. The is also a fibre moulding that you can get that sits in/on a full size spare

macafee2

Rog 29th January 2019 11:55

The two part moulded thing, does this have the Rover, MG and Land Rover logo on it? If yes this is probably the wheel chock.

Rog

Devilish 29th January 2019 15:42

I want to know how any of this stuff is going to fit in the boot. :getmecoat:

chillyphil 29th January 2019 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilish (Post 2706704)
I want to know how any of this stuff is going to fit in the boot. :getmecoat:

The tourer boot is a thing of beauty, I think it was designed by Dr Who!!!

:}:}:}:}:}