The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ZT-T / Tourer question (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318887)

YorksMG2013 28th April 2022 12:48

ZT-T / Tourer question

Dear All

Now we have two bicycles, SWMBO wants us to be able to transport them with us when we go off for the day. This is not possible in my ZT saloon.
My question is... for those ZT-T and Rover 75 Tourer owners, can you get two adult bicycles in the back (with the rear seats down)?

Thanks

Andrew

Arctic 28th April 2022 13:04

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorksMG2013 (Post 2930109)
Dear All

Now we have two bicycles, SWMBO wants us to be able to transport them with us when we go off for the day. This is not possible in my ZT saloon.
My question is... for those ZT-T and Rover 75 Tourer owners, can you get two adult bicycles in the back (with the rear seats down)?

Thanks

Andrew

The answer is yes, but you still need to adjust them a little one in one way, and the other the other way, (ie) front wheel first on one bike, then handle first on the other, once the rear shelf blind as been removed.

You may even be able to put then both handles first never tried it that way though.

MDMH757 28th April 2022 15:18

I have had two mountainbikes in mine with camping gear, tent, two inflatable Kayaks when went camping with my brother to Ullswater las August.... admittedly took off front wheels/saddles (quick release fittings)

Maurice

bikerdude666 28th April 2022 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorksMG2013 (Post 2930109)
Dear All

Thanks

Andrew

If you have a towbar on the saloon then it's easy to put a bike rack on the towball. I had one on my saloon with 2 adult mountain bikes on it. Or if you have roof bars there are plenty of cheap roof mounted cycle carriers.

rrobson 28th April 2022 22:22

I’ve had three adult bikes plus three adults in a tourer a number of times. I think we had to take the front wheel off each bike but with half the seat folded down it’s not too much of a squeeze

Retap 29th April 2022 10:45

A couple of times i have put a mans mountain bike on the back seats as rear was loaded up, it takes skill but can be done. 2 or 3 bikes is easy with the back seats down.

MSS 29th April 2022 13:00

And, to answer the other part of the question, which has not been asked, kids strap nicely to the roof rack! :D:getmecoat:

JohnnyBG 30th April 2022 10:48

Bikerdude666 is spot on. I took the 75 Connie Tourer to Germany and back with 4 cycles on a Thule carrier which fixes on a towball. At over 100mph on the autobahn, no problem.

No fiddling with wheels etc.

JohnnyBG