The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Part 2 of the Austrian Grand Prix.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306302)

coolcat 11th July 2020 09:10

Part 2 of the Austrian Grand Prix....

I know, it's the Styrian Grand Prix, but its still at the same track:D

Bit wet this morning for the support races, F1 qualifying hangs in the balance.

We shall just have to wait and see how this all pans out:}

Rogue 11th July 2020 09:14

A Sunday morning quali could be interesting.

macafee2 11th July 2020 09:46

so it's wet, whats wrong with that? Only doing things in the dry favours those good in the dry, what about those that are good in the wet? I don't want to see anyone hurt but in the wet the skill comes to the forefront.
Just watch motorcycle racing or rallying both race in the wet, rallying.... they even race on snow and ice.

macafee2

baxlin 11th July 2020 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2824223)
so it's wet, whats wrong with that? Only doing things in the dry favours those good in the dry, what about those that are good in the wet? I don't want to see anyone hurt but in the wet the skill comes to the forefront.
Just watch motorcycle racing or rallying both race in the wet, rallying.... they even race on snow and ice.

macafee2

I agree, particularly with your first paragraph, but there’s wet and there’s wet.

Rallying it’s one car at a time, and bikes do suspend racing at times, and only have one spray tail from a fairly narrow tyre footprint, whereas open wheeled F1 cars make it impossible for any following driver to see anything. Remember Schumacher/Coulthard amongst others.

Malcolm

Neil1 11th July 2020 10:37

Practice 3 isn't available at the moment, so I have the England v Windies Cricket on.:}

macafee2 11th July 2020 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 2824224)
I agree, particularly with your first paragraph, but there’s wet and there’s wet.

Rallying it’s one car at a time, and bikes do suspend racing at times, and only have one spray tail from a fairly narrow tyre footprint, whereas open wheeled F1 cars make it impossible for any following driver to see anything. Remember Schumacher/Coulthard amongst others.

Malcolm

the chances of ending up on ones butt is quite high on a bike, a car you just slide a bit. I have no idea how they find the courage to lean a bike over at the speeds they go in the wet

macafee2

Neil1 11th July 2020 15:08

Watched qualification of the F1, wow impressive with the weather as wet as it was.

I wouldn't want to drive at 150mph+ in those conditions.

Rogue 11th July 2020 15:18

Edge of the seat stuff

coolcat 12th July 2020 13:13

Dry for race day.....

Lights out and its .......Go Go Go:bowdown:

COLVERT 12th July 2020 13:40

What a pity for Ferrari. They wanted to do so well but Le Clerc clobbered Vettel and now they are both out of the race.

Charles accepted the blame. Dommage.----:smilie_re: To the pits.