The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bargain at the scrapyard today (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299839)

Billyuk1 9th October 2019 19:41

Bargain at the scrapyard today

Hi all.
Went to my local breakers today for a boot seal for my zt saloon
Got one for a bargain price of £5.
The best deal was a Harmon kardon boot sub enclosure and subs + rear parcel shelf in my grey colour for £15.
Well happy👍🏻😃

75v6 10th October 2019 11:52

where was that ?

Billyuk1 10th October 2019 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75v6 (Post 2767766)
where was that ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/gadburyau...age01942874144

good prices...

jonc3725 11th October 2019 09:09

Oh I wish we had a decent scrap yardin our area. The environment agency has managed to get all the decent ones shut down.

I would rather scramble over a car in the wet removing parts than someone at a counter charging me prices they see on eBay.

Well done on the purchases

Dallas 11th October 2019 13:13

Wow! bargain price... :eek:

My old breakers yard closed last year, they closed their yard to the DIYer, but still trade over the counter for parts of newer popular cars (no MG Rovers). :getmecoat:

Pueblo_Boy 11th October 2019 16:19

I've just picked up an intercooler at one of about 10 different scrapyards, all next to each other, in MALAGA. Some years ago, the local authorities re-located all the scrapyards in the one street...makes it much easier to find what you need!

Most of them now use a computerised system that lists each car in detail, showing when it came in, and listing out 200+ parts from each car, so they can easily see what is still left on each car. Cool! I paid 40 euros for the intercooler, which they removed for me. Well pleased!

trikey 11th October 2019 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy (Post 2767975)
I've just picked up an intercooler at one of about 10 different scrapyards, all next to each other, in MALAGA. Some years ago, the local authorities re-located all the scrapyards in the one street...makes it much easier to find what you need!

Most of them now use a computerised system that lists each car in detail, showing when it came in, and listing out 200+ parts from each car, so they can easily see what is still left on each car. Cool! I paid 40 euros for the intercooler, which they removed for me. Well pleased!

Hmmm maybe a holiday to Malaga is in order!

Pueblo_Boy 11th October 2019 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2768001)
Hmmm maybe a holiday to Malaga is in order!

For other cars, yes...but you won't find too many Rover/MG cars! But that's not to say you should not go anyway, plenty of other things to keep you amused ;)

ZedTeeT 12th October 2019 18:16

My local scrappy is getting worse and worse, with less cars to get at year on year. Don't think it'll be too long before it goes to over the counter service only. I've had so much from there over the past 30 years, be a shame to see it change.

Comfortably Numb 12th October 2019 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy (Post 2767975)

Let us know the name and address of that scrapyard - sounds well organised, and might be able to supply parts for all of us!