The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Time Has Come ! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303082)

RogerHeinz57 23rd February 2020 13:06

The Time Has Come !

Hi folks.
As per title, the time has finally come to sell off the much enjoyed Rover / Heinz 57.
This car as many of you know had many transformations to bring it to my own preferred specifications. It took a number of years to achieve with help from many folks. All was done on a shoestring budget with relationships built up with local breakers yards and some really great local owners too.
It has sold to a chap who benefited a number of journeys being taxied by a temporary custodian, both of whom were impressed by "Roger's" abilities and spirit. I named a rough price for it, and it was haggled by only a small figure to an agreed figure with no issues or regret. The test drive returned a general smile and decision to buy immediately. Perhaps the easiest car sale of my life with two happy chappies at the end.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfq7cx6r2y...80715.jpg?dl=0

Owned since 2013 and had so much fun with the odd thing or two go wrong, but what a superb car to spend 7 years with, and meet up with some superb folks during this time.

The new owner is an enthusiast with a number of special motors already progressing in their restoration, A Stag and Rover SD1. This hopefully will be another one keeping on the road for years to come !

bl52krz 23rd February 2020 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 (Post 2794898)
Hi folks.
As per title, the time has finally come to sell off the much enjoyed Rover / Heinz 57.
This car as many of you know had many transformations to bring it to my own preferred specifications. It took a number of years to achieve with help from many folks. All was done on a shoestring budget with relationships built up with local breakers yards and some really great local owners too.
It has sold to a chap who benefited a number of journeys being taxied by a temporary custodian, both of whom were impressed by "Roger's" abilities and spirit. I named a rough price for it, and it was haggled by only a small figure to an agreed figure with no issues or regret. The test drive returned a general smile and decision to buy immediately. Perhaps the easiest car sale of my life with two happy chappies at the end.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfq7cx6r2y...80715.jpg?dl=0

Owned since 2013 and had so much fun with the odd thing or two go wrong, but what a superb car to spend 7 years with, and meet up with some superb folks during this time.

The new owner is an enthusiast with a number of special motors already progressing in their restoration, A Stag and Rover SD1. This hopefully will be another one keeping on the road for years to come !

This ‘other bloke’, wouldn’t be a chap by the moniker Jim would it?

FLYING BANANA 23rd February 2020 13:48

Don’t be a stranger, pop in from time to time and let us know how you are getting on. But good luck for the future.

RogerHeinz57 23rd February 2020 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2794905)
This ‘other bloke’, wouldn’t be a chap by the moniker Jim would it?

In short, "No"

RogerHeinz57 23rd February 2020 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2794908)
Don’t be a stranger, pop in from time to time and let us know how you are getting on. But good luck for the future.

Are you taking the _iss ?
You cannot get more strange than me !:eek:

coolguy 23rd February 2020 17:21

I shall miss seeing it on the road outside your home. Always made me smile. What has replaced it?

COLVERT 23rd February 2020 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 (Post 2794913)
Are you taking the _iss ?
You cannot get more strange than me !:eek:

Well, you said it. Personally, being the polite chap I am, I've never mentioned it.----;)

bikerdude666 23rd February 2020 21:58

Something’s clearly happening, we can’t lose you and Brian in the same week!
Hope you’ve got something nice to replace it, always looked lovely when I saw it.

RogerHeinz57 24th February 2020 07:29

Well folks. Having spent years helping others by fixing all sorts, and starting a new job the Rover became reluctant in terms of reliability. Forced a day off in my 2nd week due to alternator failure then 2 blowouts and some other issues. So my hand was forced. I simply have so much going on with work shifts and rest days i simply got fed up. The car is getting on a bit and needs a bit more attenntion than i can give it.
The new car is a Focus CC3 2.0 diesel. A great car and looking forward to summer rest days out with the roof down !
So the Rover days are over for me mostly, Roger has been a true companion and star. He will continue to provide enjoyment for years to come im sure.
I even have the Focus booked in for work as i just cant face working on cars 7 days a week, the thought turns my guts !

DMGRS 24th February 2020 10:25

Always a shame to see someone leave - but remember those famous words - 'you'll be back' :D
I tried to leave a few times and always found something Rovery to fill the drive with. Whoops :o